MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection

3 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection Empty Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection

Post by Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection

The year after Michael Jackson released his 1982 classic Thriller, he teamed up with entertainment legend Paul Anka to write the song "I Never Heard." More than two decades later, that song was rewritten into Michael's posthumous single "This Is It," and now a version of the track will appear on Anka's new album of duets.

Called simply Duets, the set also includes "You Are My Destiny," featuring Paul alongside Patti LaBelle. The album's due in stores April 9, to coincide with the release of Paul's book My Way: An Autobiography. It features several new recordings, as well as previously-released duets and recordings that either feature new vocals or new instrumentation.

Paul says in a statement, "Throughout the history of music, there have been all kinds of songs; to me, the classics still reign supreme. This endeavor, these songs, will be easy on your ears; they are the stuff that love and life is all about."

Here's a list of the songs included on the album:

"Walk a Fine Line" with George Benson and Michael McDonald
"Find My Way Back to Your Heart" with Tita Hutchison
"Do I Love You (Yes, in Every Way)" with Dolly Parton
"This Is It" with Michael Jackson
"I Really Miss You" with Leon Russell
"Think I'm in Love Again" with Gloria Estefan
"Pennies from Heaven" with Michael Bublé
"Crazy" with Willie Nelson
"You Are My Destiny" with Patti LaBelle
"Les Filles de Paris" with Chris Botti
"It’s Hard to Say Goodbye" with Celine Dion
"She’s a Lady" with Tom Jones
"Hold Me ‘Til the Morning Comes" with Peter Cetera
"My Way" with Frank Sinatra

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection Empty Re: Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:24 pm

"More than two decades later, that song was rewritten into Michael's posthumous single "This Is It," and now a version of the track will appear on Anka's new album of duets."

OK a version of TII? I wanna HEAR IT!!! lol
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection Empty Re: Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection

Post by ljmissmj Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 pm

I remember all the brou ha ha about this song..Paul Anka is a tad tardy for the party...he does the same song after Michael, hmmmm...good luck with that Paul Anka.
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection Empty Paul Anka on The View right now - 4/10/13

Post by Admin Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Paul Anka is on The View right now. Talking about Sinatra (bragging really and saying how Sinatra was not hanging out with the Mob and the Vegas thing was fictitious - yeah right). Waiting to hear his remarks about MJ-

He's asked about Annette Funicello (RIP) and he said her mom traveled with her everywhere and the Disney people too (yeah when she was a mouseketeer! She was a little girl Paul!) He said it like it was annoying that these others were accompanying her!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Well Anka - true to form - told a story about being in a fancy hotel with butlers who told him he would need to wait longer for his dinner to deliver due to Liz Taylor needing attention as she wasn't feeling well. He said no problem and jumped in the shower-door knocks - he thinks "My food" runs to door soaking with a towel on (ugh) and throws it open to see (and this is what Anka said): "There was Elizabeth Taylor in a negligee with 2 cats" He was asked about the attire Liz was wearing and he said it was all he could have asked for (uuuggggghhhh) and added that Liz said Richard was not there with her.

I think Anka is a true blue *** for saying this about Liz. The LADY is not here to dispute his telling of this and IMO he is probably embellishing that story like he seems to do with all of his so called "memories" of events.

He said nothing about Michael. He was probably preventing another backlash especially now with the trial starting up. He wants to make money on the book and music. He was on the show to sell his book "My Way" and his audio CD. Oh and he did say Sinatra was the best singer and musician this country ever produced.

Ok Anka time to go away now!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes and that's pretty low to spew a story about Elizabeth Taylor like that, he must not have had the balls to rehash this story when Elizabeth was alive. Very disrespectful.

Paul Anka always IMO wanted to be Franki Avalon lol!

Anka is so desparate to get, I guess a "younger" audience he wanted Jay-Z (yuck) to do the duet with Michael for his (Anka's) CD?? I immediatly blasted Anka for even suggesting such a thing! I wish these folks like Paul Anka would stop dilluting Michael's brand with all this fly by night nonsense. Personally not a fan of J-Z's at all -I can only take 2 seconds of Jay Z's raps and I like rap in general and have a wide range of musical taste.

I agree Admin - Anka time to go away now... haaaaaaaa

listen... do you hear it... tick tick tick tick...that's the clock ticking - Paul Anka's 11 1/2 minutes are up!

i love you mikey "mwah"
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 am

Another oldster acting out! How crass of Anka to smear Liz T like that. Male arrogance at it's worst! yuck! Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle Featured on New Paul Anka "Duets" Collection 1414187595
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down