MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient

+3
midangerous
Capricious Anomaly
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient Empty Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient

Post by Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient By J J Anisiobi

3/6/13

JACKSONS' UNITY TOUR (Hammersmith Apollo)
Verdict: The boys are back in town... ****
The remaining members of the Jackson 5 put together an emotional and at times cheesy experience - but it was the King Of Pop who stole the show.
Almost four years on since Michael Jackson died and the multi-platinum selling singer was still receiving the biggest cheers of the night as the Jacksons’ Unity Tour rolled into London on Sunday night.

Brothers Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon kicked off the concert at Hammersmith Apollo in spectacular form by singing their 1980 hit Can You Feel It.

The full house instantly jumped to their feet and remained standing for the next 20 minutes as the aisles were quickly filled with dancing audience members.
This was the first tour for the group in 29 years and while the spectators cheered, screamed and sang along the evening was consistently tinged with sadness.
No matter how well Jermaine and Marlon improvised as they shared Michael's parts of the songs, they couldn't compare to the unique tone of the original vocalist.
Despite having a combined age of 233 the Jacksons didn't miss a beat as they executed all of their old dance routines with relative ease.

One Direction should take note from the veteran musicians on how to combine great vocals with some easily remembered disco steps.
It wasn't just the retro boogie that the boys from Gary, Indiana brought to London as they chose some questionable stage outfits.
Kitted out in shiny sequined and rhinestone costumes it was Jermaine who attracted the most attention with his extra tight blue leggings.
The energetic show was filled with some of their biggest hits including Blame It On The Boogie, I Want You Back and ABC.

But, the foursome reminded the audience exactly why Michael was the biggest star of the family when they sang a few of his singles such as Rock With You, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'.
MJ was also honoured as images of him were shown on a big screen above the stage mixed with video of the original five brothers performing through the ages.
The biggest and longest cheer of the evening was of course reserved for the moonwalking superstar as Jermaine sang and emotional version of Gone Too Soon.
As the concert came to end the brothers thanked the audience, who had stayed on their feet for the majority of the gig, and also spoke about passionately about Michael.
Marlon said: 'Thank you to brother Michael who is here in spirit. Thank you Michael for all the wonderful things you've done for the world.

'If Michael was here tonight he'd ask you to repeat after me.. Say wooh! Hehe! Shake your body!'

And with the true Jackson star acknowledged Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon shook hands with a lucky few on the front row and skipped off stage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient Empty Re: Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 pm

OK Jermaine really? What is he wearing? No wonder people are panning him to be honest I am really not all that impressed with how he has that appellate (sp) like MJ and the way he is acting from many reports on this tour. Why try to be like MJ? It is so disrespectful IMO. I am happy they are touring but there is no reason to be doing that. I wish Jermaine would just be Jermaine. They could have respected MJ and had MJ's voice singing MJ's parts in the songs they are performing along with Jermaine (like a duet) Now that would be GREAT!!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient Empty Re: Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient

Post by midangerous Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:25 pm

I agree Capricious.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:28 pm

I agree too Capricious, very well put. Smile

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient 401032820

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I've been a Jackson 5 fan from day one - there music was the soundtrack of my youth for real. I saw the Jackson Unity tour twice. The first time was in Baltimore. That was in the early stages of the show and there were still a few things they needed to work out I think. However, still it warmed my heart to see the brothers on stage. I cried when they came on- the energy was amazing - the crowd was great. The only thing I didn't like is when I got up to dance, this grouchy couple behind me told me to sit down. I said "WHAT?? THIS IS HISTORICAL THIS IS THE JACKSON 5!!! Then my friend told me not to start up with people, so I sat down (hee hee) But you know I was up on my feet a few more times. I had fun. They were pretty darn good, Marlon was the "hype" man and got the crowd involved. Marlon and Jackie are both great dancers and at times I'd imagine what it would be like if MJ came strolling out on stage. Of course it would never happen, but I couldn't help thinking damn where is MJ! But Michael was right there with them in spirit for sure. Jermaine did not have on those pants at either show thank goodness omg what are those leggings?? however, his outfits were more flashier than the bros. A nice surprise was seeing Tommy Gunz the guitar player from This Is It (he did the solo with Orianthi). He had a solo part at this show too and we screamed our heads off. Marlon is a great dancer . Of course no one can match Michael, but Marlon is funky where MJ is smoother and elegant more theatrical. But Marlon got down..and Jackie - he is so handsome - he reminds allot of Michael in some of his movements - Jackie is smooth in that way. And as the eldest brother Jackie got it going on. IMO. Tito was Tito - he was a cool daddy with his bowler hat on. He busted a couple of moves too. The bros tribute to Michael was very emotional and Jermaine sounded very very good. His voice was strong. HAnd of course Jermaine did Let's Get Serious and Daddy's home and the ladies went wild. But still no Michael Jackson. By the time I saw the concert at Coney Island the brothers had gotten their groove back like back when they started, they were precise, their voices were strong the choreography was sharpt They had perfected their show..this is what that family does they entertain and they did the damn thing that night. What made that show even sweeter was it was an outdoor concert by the beach near an amusement park. Every Saturday in the Summer the park shoots off fire works, so during one song I can't remember which one, the fireworks went off. It was perfection - it couldn't have been a better moment.We had the stars, the ocean in the background and fireworks....and the Jackson's on stage But at the end of the day - you can't help but look at these guys on stage without thinking about Michael - it's impossible, so I give them props and respect for going out there and giving great performances and bringing back good memories. The Jackson's together made great great music period. Their song catalog has got to one of the greatest in music industry. I may not have heard Michael sing or dance on that stage in either show, but noboday will ever convince me that Michael isn't on that stage at one point or the other cheering them on. The Jacksons will be perfoming at the Staples Center in Los Angeles I believe July 1st.
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for sharing that ljmissmj. Smile
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm

will they come to texas cause i have to check it out!!! I WANNA GO TO THE CONCERT (it would be my first) SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree capricious <3
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm

ljmissmj wrote:I've been a Jackson 5 fan from day one - there music was the soundtrack of my youth for real. I saw the Jackson Unity tour twice. The first time was in Baltimore. That was in the early stages of the show and there were still a few things they needed to work out I think. However, still it warmed my heart to see the brothers on stage. I cried when they came on- the energy was amazing - the crowd was great. The only thing I didn't like is when I got up to dance, this grouchy couple behind me told me to sit down. I said "WHAT?? THIS IS HISTORICAL THIS IS THE JACKSON 5!!! Then my friend told me not to start up with people, so I sat down (hee hee) But you know I was up on my feet a few more times. I had fun. They were pretty darn good, Marlon was the "hype" man and got the crowd involved. Marlon and Jackie are both great dancers and at times I'd imagine what it would be like if MJ came strolling out on stage. Of course it would never happen, but I couldn't help thinking damn where is MJ! But Michael was right there with them in spirit for sure. Jermaine did not have on those pants at either show thank goodness omg what are those leggings?? however, his outfits were more flashier than the bros. A nice surprise was seeing Tommy Gunz the guitar player from This Is It (he did the solo with Orianthi). He had a solo part at this show too and we screamed our heads off. Marlon is a great dancer . Of course no one can match Michael, but Marlon is funky where MJ is smoother and elegant more theatrical. But Marlon got down..and Jackie - he is so handsome - he reminds allot of Michael in some of his movements - Jackie is smooth in that way. And as the eldest brother Jackie got it going on. IMO. Tito was Tito - he was a cool daddy with his bowler hat on. He busted a couple of moves too. The bros tribute to Michael was very emotional and Jermaine sounded very very good. His voice was strong. HAnd of course Jermaine did Let's Get Serious and Daddy's home and the ladies went wild. But still no Michael Jackson. By the time I saw the concert at Coney Island the brothers had gotten their groove back like back when they started, they were precise, their voices were strong the choreography was sharpt They had perfected their show..this is what that family does they entertain and they did the damn thing that night. What made that show even sweeter was it was an outdoor concert by the beach near an amusement park. Every Saturday in the Summer the park shoots off fire works, so during one song I can't remember which one, the fireworks went off. It was perfection - it couldn't have been a better moment.We had the stars, the ocean in the background and fireworks....and the Jackson's on stage But at the end of the day - you can't help but look at these guys on stage without thinking about Michael - it's impossible, so I give them props and respect for going out there and giving great performances and bringing back good memories. The Jackson's together made great great music period. Their song catalog has got to one of the greatest in music industry. I may not have heard Michael sing or dance on that stage in either show, but noboday will ever convince me that Michael isn't on that stage at one point or the other cheering them on. The Jacksons will be perfoming at the Staples Center in Los Angeles I believe July 1st.

Last sentence - "The Jacksons will be performing at the Staples Center in Los Agneles I believe July 1st." I've read that other places as well. The same Staples Center owned by AEG Live, which is being sued by Katherine Jackson regarding Michael's death? Could Jermaine, Marlon, Jackie and Tito have smply forgotten????

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm

It is always something with them isn't it? That's a good point juneyny if in fact it is a fact.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 pm

The Unity Tour is on the last leg and finishing off in AUS this month (March 2013)

Seems Beyonce is in Los Angeles on that exact date:

Where: 1111 S Figueroa St., Los Angeles
Venue: Staples Center
When: July 1, 2013 20:00

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Admin wrote:It is always something with them isn't it? That's a good point juneyny if in fact it is a fact.

I believe the other source I read about this performance on July 1st has to do with either a Motown or BET Tribute by many artists, the Jacksons among them, at the Staples Center for a couple days surrounding July 1, 2013. I wondered when I first read it how could they in good conscience do it? Although the targets of their grand conspiracy (one finger on the hand according to Jermaine) have always been Sony and the execs, AEG has never escaped their wrath. Jermaine spares none of them in his book. It just leaves me cold how they can entertain on the same stage where Michael's memorial was held.

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 pm

I thought the last shows were taking place in the next couple of weeks too.

Jacksons Unity Tour has plenty to dance and shout about but Michael is clearly the missing ingredient 1794748770

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 pm

R. Kelly, New Edition and Jacksons, The BET Experience, June 30, 2013 Staples Center, the date originally posted here July 1 was incorrect, it's June 30th, 2013.

This is not part of the Jacksons Unity Tour.

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I think that if the Jacksons are doing a concert with other artists for a BET special it is perfectly fine-however I do not think they should do a unity tour show there
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 pm

WeAreTheWorld. wrote:I think that if the Jacksons are doing a concert with other artists for a BET special it is perfectly fine-however I do not think they should do a unity tour show there

@WeAreTheWorld, well I'm new here so don't want to get off on the wrong foot, but really you don't see anyting sort of wrong about the Jacksons performing at Staples Center, owned by AEGLive, which is being sued by their own mother for Michael's death, trial to start in a couple weeks unless it settles, and where Michael's memorial was held in July 2009? I think the Jacksons should have passed on this and any performances at AEG-owned Staples.

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 pm

@juneyny

I am not overly happy about that BET show being at Staples with them but it is the venue BET is having that show. I did say I wouldn’t want “The Jackson’s Unity Tour” to have a show there as I believe that would be disrespectful. So I guess what you say about it being “sort of wrong” or asking if I think it is would be sort of true.

I didn’t see you in Off Topic saying hello or introducing yourself to us all so let me say Welcome to our site right here. Hope you enjoy Michaeling with us!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:46 pm

WeAreTheWorld. wrote:@juneyny

I am not overly happy about that BET show being at Staples with them but it is the venue BET is having that show. I did say I wouldn’t want “The Jackson’s Unity Tour” to have a show there as I believe that would be disrespectful. So I guess what you say about it being “sort of wrong” or asking if I think it is would be sort of true.

I didn’t see you in Off Topic saying hello or introducing yourself to us all so let me say Welcome to our site right here. Hope you enjoy Michaeling with us!

@wearetheworld, thanks for the welcome! I'm a novice at posting on forums of this type, so just finding my way around at the present time. I wasn't aware, didn't see, a place to introduce myself, so I'll check it out! First thread that caught my eye was about the Unity Tour; however I'm interested in everything about Michael now and always.

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 pm

@juneyny: It's customary to intro when you're a new member in an established forum upon joining. Off topic forum near bottom of home page is where most people write a thread to say hi etc.. as all OT topics are put there. You'll see other members threads in the OT introducing themselves when they were new to give you examples Smile

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:21 pm

man i hoped they would be coming here so i could go Sad i wanted to go sooooooo badly i have never seen any of the jackson brothers perform or in person heck i've never seen/met a celebrity ever sad i was hoping really hard i've also never ever been to a concert Sad
we can't afford to travel anywhere Sad oh well i hope wonderful experiences to all who have been fortunate enough to go and have a great time Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down