MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread

+5
midangerous
juneyny
Capricious Anomaly
WorldTour
Admin
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread Empty Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 am

This case is sparking up and reminding all of many aspects of the CM trial as well as what is happening now regarding this civil case. Many of our members (and guests of course) have knowledge and expertise in specific areas such as law and medicine that is helpful now in clarification of certain topics.

There will be much more in the Conrad Murray Trial forum in the next few days which will be helpful in answering many questions. However there is so much to put on the site that I thought I could load the info onto the site as questions are asked to speed up the learning curve so to speak.

Please feel free to pose questions and to answer as well as this thread begins to build up. Thanks everyone.

(You do need to be a member to post on the site)

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread 1965541534

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread Empty Re: Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread

Post by WorldTour Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

This thread is a good idea. I've heard that in a civil law suit you can use evidence that is not allowed in a criminal law suit. What kind of evidence is allowed in a civil law suit but not in a criminal law suit ? Thank you!

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread Empty Re: Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm

That is a great question! I do know a bit about these matters as a LNC (I'm an RN-with legal nurse consultant credentials) however my knowledge is medical related. There is someone who is a paralegal who just recently joined who would perhaps answer this clearly. I do know that criminal charges can be pressed when new evidence is uncovered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 pm

This thread is a great idea. There are many unanswereed questions in this case. I am reading up on all of the news from the other threads here too.

Last edited by Capricious Anomaly on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by juneyny Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi there, I'm a paralegal who recently joined, but I'm afraid my background isn't in criminal law, so can't help with this question. However, here's a FindLaw link that talks about some differences between criminal and civil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope this sheds some light.

juneyny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks for the link juneyny, and welcome to our site!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:41 pm

I have a question that's been bugging me at times, was Michael really frail in health like what was said? I've watched This is It again, and he seems quite strong, while at other times IMO he seems slightly frail. Does anyone know? Thxs.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Frankly speaking I don't believe you can seriously judge a person's condition if you don't know him or her very well and even if you do it's difficult. You can't do it by watching a movie. I don't think anybody here can really answer the question. Making speculations about MJ's health (that's what it would be in my opinion) won't help anybody and I guess we've had enough rumours since 2009.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Oh, and one more question, will this trial be televised like the CM trial? Thanks for your answer World Tour.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm in Germany. Sorry I don't know what will be aired on US television. I haven't found any information online yet.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm

You should also keep in mind that This is it is a cut movie. It's not a continuing footage.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Ok, thank you World Tour
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 pm

The order from the court shows there will be no broadcast etc..

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Thxs Capricious.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 am

I found this article which explains why Murray might refuse to testify.

Sounds a little weird, but Conrad Murray -- who has already been convicted and serving time for killing Michael Jackson -- will exercise his 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination in Katherine Jackson's lawsuit against AEG.

Michael's mom is suing AEG, claiming the company negligently hired and supervised Murray, which resulted in her son's death. Katherine has subpoenaed Murray to explain his arrangement with AEG.

Sources connected with the case tell TMZ ... Murray's lawyer, Valerie Wass, will file legal docs ... arguing she is appealing Murray's conviction, and if it's overturned it's likely he'd be re-tried. If that happens, what he says could still be used against him, so Wass wants Murray to keep his trap shut.

It's pretty crazy, since Murray has already served almost a year-and-a-half. By the time his case is appealed, he'll probably be out.

Note: I posted the article-removed the TMZ link because that site has clickpay which makes TMZ money each time someone clicks anything on that site. We do our best to not use that site as source due to them making money from all MJ news etc..

We have a non TMZ sourced thread with this same info-please read:

Conrad Murray to plead the Fifth at Jackson trial

My question is if Murray's appeal was successfull after having served his time in jail would he be able to request compensation? Thank you

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Murray will not have a choice whether he can testify or not if he is summoned by the court. If he takes the fifth he likely will be considered a hostile witness and then the questions will become much more difficult for him to tolerate which hopefully will cause him to melt down!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Can anybody tell me what's the difference between the deposition the kids had to file and a testimony in court? Prince wants to testify so why did he have to file a deposition?
Thank you!

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:18 pm

I found the answer in legal definitions & terms. Thanks for the link Admin. It's really helpfull.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm

@WorldTour: Oh great you saw that! I hoped everyone would notice the thread. Would you mind posting that answer you found to your question please? Others may not know and would appreciate you providing that insight.

It is highly appreciated when people assist with posting information especially now with this trial coming next week and the huge amount of news and info that will be a daily effort to keep on top of-thanks everyone!

There are quite a few new additions in the stickies also-check those frequently as I add to threads and often to already posted comments which do not "show" as recent posts. I add to (edit in) the previously posted comments.

As a matter of fact I do that often, it pays to revisit threads and comments made to see edits.

BTW:The edits are on my own posts-and not changed info or removed-just additional info that directly pertains to that exact posting. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 am

Sorry Admin the link currently doesn't work. I'll try again later.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Deposition Law & Legal Definition

Deposition is an out of court sworn testimony of a witness that is reduced in writing for later use in court or for discovery purposes. It is also referred to as examination before trial and is a pre trial procedure.

During a deposition a witness is placed under oath and swears to tell the truth. The parties involved in the case will be represented by an attorney and that attorney will have an opportunity to question the witness (referred to as a deponent for deposition purposes). A court reporter is also present recording every spoken word. Depositions can be either video or audio recorded. After the completion of the deposition the court reporter will create a written transcript of the deposition. The transcript will be made available to all parties.

Depositions are taken for several reasons which include:

Basic evidence gathering
To have a record of the witness’s testimony so that the witness may be impeached if he/she deviates from that testimony at trial
Gives attorneys an opportunity to ask questions that they may not be allowed to ask at trial (the rules of evidence generally do not apply to depositions)
To have the testimony available as evidence in case the deponent is not available, for any lawful reason at the time of trial (this is especially important for a witness who is near death).

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks very much WorldTour. Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread 1851779145
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 am

If there will be no cameras allowed in the courtroom(which is very ridiculous), how will we know what's going on?
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:24 am

There will be reporters in the courtroom-they say they will tweet out everything during the breaks because NOW this judge has denied live tweets from the courtroom! This is 100% unacceptable and there must be a change here! This judge has no idea what trouble this will cause!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:09 am

Did she tell the reasons for her decisions?

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 am

@WorldTour: Check out the most recent tweets (4.5.13) here:

I posted quite a bit on this subject in this AEG trial forum-look for the newest threads and posts from the last 2-3 days (MJ Mod posts as well)

Good to see you!

Katherine Jackson v. AEG Live Q & A Discussion Thread 2428593789
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:21 pm

I haven't slept very well last night and one question had been bugging me, is there any way that we can write letters to the judge concerning her ruling on the cameras, or will that not do any good?
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WorldTour Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:17 am

Judge: No TV coverage in Jackson trial
By Jeff Gottlieb

April 5, 2013, 5:43 p.m.

A Superior Court judge ruled Friday that there will be no live television coverage of the wrongful death suit that Michael Jackson’s mother and children filed against Anschutz Entertainment Group, the entertainment giant that was promoting Jackson’s ill-fated comeback tour.

CNN and NBCUniversal Television Group had filed a motion asking that they be allowed to televise the trial, which is being held in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom.

In her ruling, Judge Yvette M. Palazuelos wrote that while the media has the right to cover public court hearings, it is up to the judge to decide whether to allow TV coverage.

Brian Panish, the attorney for Katherine Jackson, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II, declined comment.

But Panish had supported television coverage in an April 2 court filing in which he criticized AEG’s attorney for “making numerous unrelated and disparaging remarks about Michael Jackson” in a CNN interview.

AEG’s attorney, Marvin Putnam, could not be reached for comment.

Jury selection in the case began Tuesday, with potential jurors being asked if they could take off the four months the trial is expected to last. Questioning of potential jurors who pass that first test is scheduled to start April 15.

The suit alleges that AEG negligently hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who -- in an attempt to help the singer sleep -- gave him a fatal dose of the surgical anesthetic propofol. They suit says that AEG pushed Jackson to prepare for a tour that he was not physically capable of handling.

AEG says it was Jackson’s decision to hire Murray, and that the company had recommended a British physician.

Jackson died in 2009, two weeks before his "This Is It" tour was scheduled to debut in London.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011.

WorldTour: If there is something that can be done CNN & NBC will try it. That's for sure.
In the article it says KJ's lawyer supported that request. Maybe they can do sth about. I don't know. But I guess you or me can't do anything about it.

WorldTour

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:07 pm

WorldTour: People are gathering info about the judge-check out the thread. Also regarding the cameras - The CA laws on this are posted (see that thread)

Yes, KJ wants cameras-AEG contested saying "frenzied MJ fans would swarm the courthouse" when it is the exact opposite! Fans will be more inclined to "swarm" that courthouse to get inside the courtroom if they CAN'T see it televised IMO.

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah I agree Capricious.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next