MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013

5 posters

Go down

Transcripts - Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013 Empty Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013

Post by MJ Mod Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Here is a youtube video of the Mesereau/Wass interview. The interview begins about 30 seconds in:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you to WeAreTheWorld. for finding the video

~~~~~
Transcripts:

PIERS MORGAN LIVE
Aired April 3, 2013 - 21:00 ET

EXCERPT:

MORGAN: A surreal moment from Anderson Cooper's interview with Dr. Conrad Murray when the convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death burst into song on live television last night. Meanwhile, jury selection continues in Katherine Jackson's lawsuit against AEG, seeking $40 billion.

Now Conrad Murray's attorney, Valerie Wass, is here to go head-to-head with Michael Jackson's attorney, Tom Mesereau.

Welcome to you, Valerie Wass. You weren't happy watching Tom and I discussing this last night. Why not?

VALERIE WASS, ATTORNEY FOR DR. CONRAD MURRAY: Well, I felt that he was -- he was viewed in a -- in a wrong manner. I feel very strongly about Dr. Murray, and that he's a compassionate man and I believe that he is an innocent man. I believe he was wrongly convicted. And I don't know if Tom really knows the facts of the case and has read the record and all of the evidence, such as I have done for the last year.

THOMAS A. MESEREAU JR., DEFENDED MICHAEL JACKSON IN MOLESTATION TRIAL: I haven't read -- I haven't -- I haven't read the record, but I watched a lot of the trial. And every single physician in this courtroom, including the -- including Murray's own expert, thought that having propofol in the home and administering it the way he did was a gross deviation from the medical standard of care.

Nobody justified having propofol in their house. Nobody justified administering it the way he apparently did. He didn't have the equipment, he didn't have personnel assisting him. He didn't have backup equipment. He didn't have the medications you need if something goes wrong. He didn't have the power supply if something goes wrong. Everything he did, in my opinion, was a disgrace, and I think he caused the death of Michael Jackson.

MORGAN: Valerie?

WASS: Well, even if he deviated from the standard of care, he didn't cause the death of Michael Jackson because on the night Michael Jackson died, he was not on a propofol drip. And that's what nobody understands. And using propofol in a home is not -- is not illegal. It's not -- it's not illegal. It's an off-label use. And off-label use --

MESEREAU: Did you read the toxicology?

WASS: Absolutely.

MESEREAU: The toxicology -- the toxicology examined eight specimens from his body. The stomach, the liver, the heart, the veins, the femoral artery. He had propofol in every single of the eight specimens, OK?

WASS: That's correct. And the toxicology results are -- MESEREAU: I mean, he was loaded with propofol.

WASS: He was loaded from propofol from a 25 milligram bolus injection that Michael Jackson self-administered shortly before he died. It matches up with all the toxicology findings.

MESEREAU: First of all the -- the amount of propofol grossly exceeded the 25 that Mr. -- Dr. Murray said he administered. First of all. Second of all --

WASS: That's right. Because Jackson administered another 25 milligram dose.

MESEREAU: Well --

WASS: And when he administered rapidly, that's what caused cardiac arrest and it comports with the toxicology results.

MESEREAU: Well, the jury came back in eight hours, finding that Michael Jackson did not self-administer propofol, that your client was grossly negligent and caused his death. And now listen, I don't think he intentionally did this. He wasn't charged with premeditated murder, he was charged with gross negligence, involuntary manslaughter, and every single expert that testified admitted he had committed gross negligence in a variety of ways.

One expert said there was 17 acts of gross negligence. Propofol in the home, administering it the way he did --

WASS: That's right. But he was not on a propofol drip on that night, how can he be -- there was no cause.

(CROSSTALK)

MESEREAU: Your client told the police --

WASS: No, the two months that Dr. Murray administered propofol to Michael Jackson on a drip, Michael Jackson was fine. It was after he stopped administering the propofol drips that he died.

MESEREAU: Well, that's your argument. I understand that. And I think you're doing a commendable job defending him. The problem is, the jury rejected it in eight hours and every single medical expert rejected it as well.

WASS: I actually spoke to one of the jurors last summer and found it really interesting that they adopted this slit saline bag theory. It was a ludicrous theory that was -- that probably came about because the prosecutor popped the tab on the Exhibit 30 bottle and they were forced to find another way to hang the bag. It was an absurd method. No -- even the prosecution's expert had never heard of such an absurd method of hanging a drip.

MESEREAU: Well, your client ordered propofol, took it into his home. I think he had it delivered to his girlfriend's apartment, took gallons into his home and that alone was a gross deviation from acceptable medical standards.

WASS: That's right. But it's not -- it's not a causative factor. That's the difference.

MESEREAU: It's not a causative factor? Then what caused his death? Every single specimen was loaded with propofol. It was a propofol induced death. That was the cause of death and nobody really disputed that. The argument was, where did the propofol come from, and Murray should not have brought it in the home. It doesn't belong in the home. It's not a treatment for insomnia.

(CROSSTALK)

WASS: Michael Jackson had his own stash of propofol when Dr. Murray first started treating Michael Jackson. There's evidence that he was on propofol --

MORGAN: OK. Let me -- let me jump in and speak -- it's been fascinating to watch you both go at it. He's obviously already been tried and is in jail as a result. Let's move to what this new trial is basically going to come down to, which involves a responsibility aspect of who was really employing Conrad Murray.

And I'll remind you of an e-mail from the AEG Live co-CEO Paul Gongaware, which has emerged. We simply want to remind Murray that it's AEG, not MJ, Michael Jackson, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him.

Now, Valerie Wass, what did that e-mail mean? What was expected of Conrad Murray, and is it true that it was AEG paying Conrad Murray directly, not Michael Jackson?

WASS: First of all, I'd like to point out that Conrad Murray never received a dime for caring for Michael Jackson. He took care of him for two months and was not paid a dime. The contract was supposed to be retroactive to May 1st and he still has not been paid a dime for his care of Jackson.

MESEREAU: But he was supposed to be paid. He signed an agreement prepared by AEG which said AEG would pay him. He signed it.

WASS: He did sign it --

MORGAN: So he was going to be paid. The reason they haven't -- the reason they haven't paid since -- obviously he was paid to take care of Michael Jackson. And Michael Jackson died in his care. So --

WASS: Isn't a doctor paid -- if you render services for two months, aren't you paid for those services if your patient dies and suddenly you aren't -- you don't get paid for the two months that you took care of a patient?

MORGAN: But that becomes an issue of litigation between Conrad Murray and AEG, I guess. But -- so what you're saying is --

(CROSSTALK) WASS: You're assuming that he was -- you're assuming that he was employed by AEG. I don't think that's been established. I don't think it's a slam dunk case like Tom believes.

MORGAN: Well, all I'm assuming is that -- I'm not assuming anything. I'm reading an e-mail from one of the bosses of AEG, saying we want to remind Murray that it's AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. It's pretty clear --

WASS: Well, AEG was advancing all three production costs. I believe it was $40 million of pre-production costs were paid at the time Michael Jackson died. Just because they were advancing those costs doesn't mean that AEG was the employer of Conrad Murray.

MORGAN: So when AEG say -- they should be reminding Murray it's AEG, not Jackson, who is paying his salary, they didn't know what they were talking about.

WASS: Well, for one thing, that e-mail did not come out in trial. Suddenly all these e-mails appeared that the defense did not have during the trial. And I'm curious why those e-mails were not produced during discovery in the criminal trial. But any event --

MORGAN: Well, Tom, I mean -- Tom, from a legal point of view, that e- mail is going to be pretty significant, isn't it?

MESEREAU: Very significant. Because AEG's lawyers drafted an employment agreement, they sent it to Dr. Murray and Dr. Murray signed it. I don't know if he actually returned it or not, AEG is now saying we never actually signed it. But that's not going to hold up. Under the law, all of this evidence, the agreement they prepared, the fact that Dr. Murray signed it, the e-mails, the discussions that took place, all of this is going to show there was an employment understanding between Murray and AEG.

WASS: Right, but --

MESEREAU: Look --

WASS: But don't you know that in Dr. Murray's statement to the police two days after Michael Jackson died, he stated that he was -- it was his understanding that he was employed by Michael Jackson, and he subsequently learned that he was to be paid by AEG. So he said Michael Jackson's --

MESEREAU: How long was the agreement --

WASS: -- lawyer and AEG was going to be paying his salary.

MESEREAU: He may have said it, but who prepared the agreement and who was the agreement with? It was with AEG. In fact, that agreement, as I understand it, required AEG to provide medical equipment to Dr. Murray. And when the agreement terminated, the equipment was supposed to revert back to AEG.

MORGAN: Well, doubtless we will -- we will find out more of this as this trial develops. So it's been great talking to you both. And a good legal battle there. And there will be more to come the next few weeks. And please come back and we'll debate it again.

Thank you both very much.

MESEREAU: Thank you, Piers.

WASS: Thank you, Piers.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by MJ Mod on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Transcripts - Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013 Empty Re: Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013

Post by Admin Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks MJM!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Transcripts - Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013 Empty Re: Transcripts & Video From The CNN Piers Morgan Live Mesereau/Wass Interview 4/3/2013

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 am

Yeah thanks MJ Mod! Tom Mesereau has done an amazing job over the past couple days with his CNN interviews. It is such a great feeling to know that this man is still relentlessly defending our MJ!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:00 am

@MJ Mod

I found a youtube video of the T-mez/Wass interview. There is a commercial at the beginning so it doesn't begin until about 30 seconds in:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am

Thank you WATW! I will add that to the OP of this thread- much appreciated Smile
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 pm

If I were in my house right now reading this on my laptop (which I have to buy) I would be screaming at the screen. I'm at my desk at work and I let out a yelp. I missed this interveiw - my blood is boiling - the Wass chick has to defend her client Dr. Death I understand that but come on it's as clear as rudolphs red nose that MICHAEL JACKSON DID NOT KILL HIMSELF!

MESEREAU: Did you read the toxicology? (That's right Mr. M give it to her)
I LOVE TOM M! I'm sure it was pre-ordained that Michael and Tom would meet. Thank Goodness.
Thank you for this post, nice to have so much information in one place
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I agree ljmissmj.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down