MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT!

4 posters

Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT!

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Did you ever want to dress up as a zombie and dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”? Did you ever think it would be fun to be listed in a world record?

OCTOBER 26TH, 9PM GMT
Get ready for a very special celebration of Thriller’s 30th anniversary year!

WHAT IS THRILL THE WORLD?

Thrill The World is friends, families and other local residents who each year join together with thousands of other people around the globe to break the World Record for the Largest Simultaneous Dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”! More importantly, TTW is more than just dancing to a 6 minute song–

The broader goal is unity among all the peoples of the world, humanitarianism and environmental stewardship.

WELCOME TO THRILL THE WORLD 2013!

Zombies all over the globe are already planning for Thrill The World 2013! The event was founded in 2006 in Toronto, and has now spread to six continents! Every October thousands of people/zombies around the world come together to honor the genius of Michael Jackson and raise funds for charity–oh! and to have fun, too!

How do we do it?

Every October, Zombies across the world synchronize to dance to “Thriller” at exactly the same time. Preparation for the dance is part of the fun but the feeling of being connected to people thinking and doing the same thing at the same time, celebrating a true inspirational genius of Michael Jackson, is what keeps people coming back year after year. Also, knowing what bad dancers Zombies are, it helps people indulge, renew or even discover the joy of dance, without having any fear (what do I look like? Am I any good? ) Zombies don’t do fear!!!

How does it work?

There are so many reasons for taking part in Thrill the World that we could go on, and on! Here are the basics of is how it works.

1. Volunteers sign up to be an Event Manager by registering with Thrill The World.

Then Zombies connect with their local event, learn the dance, hopefully help the Event Manager prepare and then participate on Thrill Day.

Raise Funds for Charity

Michael was all about giving back so each local event is free to choose the charity of their choice and raise funds. This can be done by requesting donations for example, at dance workshops, on your website, and on Thrill Day.

Learning the Dance

To learn the dance we all use the specially adapted choreography based on the music video. We have detailed instructions developed by TTW founder, Ines Markeljevic, who guides you through each step. Once you get started on learning the choreography, you’ll realize it’s surprisingly easy and you’ll be ready to Thrill the World!!

When?

We have decided to hold our event the weekend before Halloween on October 26th @ 9:00 GMT. You need to use a converter website (such as: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find the correct time in your time zone.

How It Works

People in cities around the world dance to “Thriller” at exactly the same time. Preparation and counting down worldwide is part of the fun but the feeling of being connected to others and dancing together as one is a Trill like no other! Celebrating the truly inspirational genius of Michael Jackson in a living and moving way — is what keeps people coming back year after year.

Participants

This dance is for EVERYBODY – all nationalities, faiths, creeds and abilities. Whether you are young or old, a professional dancer, or a complete beginner. You can adjust the routine to your own level — work up a major sweat or just take it easy. Dancing is a great way to achieve all round fitness and wellbeing, physically and mentally. Taking part is all about achieving your best – as Michael continues to inspire the world to do.

Can I start an Event?

There are so many reasons for participating that we could go on, but this is how it works. Anyone can be an Event Manager by registering with Thrill The World. Then Zombies connect with their local event, learn the dance, hopefully help the Event Manager prepare and then participate on Thrill Day.

Where?

For a list of fully registered events, visit the World Wide Dance Locations and find the city nearest you!

Raise Funds for Charity

Michael was all about giving back so each local event is free to choose the charity of their choice and raise funds. This can be done by requesting donations for example, at dance workshops, on your website, and on Thrill Day.

Learning the Dance

We all use the same choreography based on the music video. We have detailed instructions developed by Thrill the World founder, Ines Markeljevic, who guides you through each step. You’ll realize it’s surprisingly easy!!

THRILL DAY 2013 DATE SET! Saturday, October 26th, @9 pm GMT!

Last year: On Saturday 27th October at 7.00 pm GMT approximately 9,650 Zombies, at 181 registered events in 21 countries took part in Thrill the World 2012!

Special thank-you to all our Zombie dancers worldwide!

TTW website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Learn the dance: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Time zone converter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty Re: "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT!

Post by Admin Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks WATW! I had meant to post this info awhile back but the trial was time consuming and I kept forgetting. I have participated in TTW before but not planning to this year. I know Les is though tomorrow Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty Re: "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT!

Post by midangerous Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate since I'll be busy with work.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:21 pm

I might be dancing in my pajamas if I have time Lol!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 pm

I got this as my cell phone wallpaper right now:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:01 pm

@midangerous LOL I have MJ on all electronics too. Do you know how to dance Thriller? It is a great work out and so fun. I taught MJ fans how to do it for TTW a couple years back.

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! 1270025516 

Funny gif - MJ in the smooth criminal suit dancing Thriller lol

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 pm

@Admin, yes I do know how to dance to Thriller, it's fun! Smile I like that gif Lol!

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! 1270025516 2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! 1270025516 2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! 1270025516 

midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 pm

love that gif too Smile this would be fun but we'll be celebrating my moms B-day tomorow. if it was on TV i might could watch it

BTW admin how do you get MJ pics as ur phone wallpapper?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:31 am

I did the time converter, looks like I won't be able to do it on the exact time. Crying or Very sad I'll be at work, but I guess I'll try to dance when I come home.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:23 pm

TTW dancers at the Today show's plaza this morning:

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty "Thriller" Zombies Taking Over The Central Coast

Post by Admin Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

"Thriller" Zombies Taking Over The Central Coast
By Brittany Silverstein

Oct 25, 2013

CENTRAL COAST, Calif. - The zombies are rising from their graves, just in time for Halloween.  But this weekend, they're taking over the Central Coast for the fourth year in a row, as part of the "Thrill The World" dance.

"The real event is at two o'clock, the performance, when it's done around the world at the same time,"  said Susan Whalen from World Dance from Humanity.  "Everyone is lying on the ground and rise up as zombies and do the "Thriller" dance to Michael Jackson."

Dancers all over Santa Barbara County are getting ready for the big "Thrill The World' event this Saturday.  Although the dance is a lot of fun, it also raises money for two very important charities - the World Dance Rwanda Education Fund and local Boys and Girls clubs.

Susan has been teaching the dance in Guadalupe for the past two weeks and she says she does it all for the kids.

"They give me hugs when they see me, hugs when I leave, and they give it their all," said Susan.  "I don't even stop to instruct them on moves; I just dance and they follow me.  They're like sponges, they just soak it all in and they have so much energy.  They love it."

The kids will join hundreds of other children and adults for the big event at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse Sunken Gardens.

"They're doing great," said Susan.  "And it's something where it doesn't matter if you miss a steap, and it doesn't bother them at all either.  You just keep on dancing to the next move."

For more information on the event, and where you can catch the flashmobs, click here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Go to link for funny video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Wow great picture! Well, I missed the exact time to dance to Thriller since I had to work, but I did dance, I'm thinking about maybe filming myself dancing to Thriller and post it on the 31st. What do u guys think?
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty Picture of the Day: A dawn tribute to the King of Pop

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Picture of the Day: A dawn tribute to the King of Pop
By Asian Correspondent

Oct 27, 2013

Filipino dancers perform to Michael Jackson's hit song "Thriller" at dawn on Sunday at a park in Obando township, Bulacan province north of Manila, Philippines. The performance was part of simultaneous worldwide dance events to celebrate Thriller's 30th anniversary and an attempt for a Guinness World Record. Pic: AP.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013 - "Thrill The World" 2013 is tomorrow, October 26 at 9 PM GMT! Empty Thrill The World 2013 Rules

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Thrill The World 2013 Rules

Thrill the World is not just about getting lots of people or lots of media, both of which are great. The Event is about thousands of people around the world dancing together in the name of making a difference and honoring the greatest artist of all time. Here are the RULES you need to know for Thrill The World 2013.

THE DETAILS ON THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED OF ALL EVENTS.

In case of conflicts: the rules, requirements or information from this document, the TTW Final Instructions supersede and overrule any rules, requirements or information that may be found or read in other sources, such as the Manual or other documents from TTW.

The rules are subject to change, additions or subtractions as declared by TTW. Don’t worry, we won’t go changing them willy-nilly, but just in case something happens we want to let you know ahead of time that it’s possible, that’s all.

THINGS YOU MUST DO

1. Please register your event before 11 pm GMT Friday, October 24, 2013. (Global Press Release Requirements)

2. Open a Googlemail account with the name: TTW’your city’@gmail.com

3. Set up a website and/or Facebook page. If you presently have a Facebook account, you can use that, as long as your TTW event has a separate page.

4. Dance at EXACTLY the right time zone coordinate in your location, synchronized to World Thrill Time (9 pm GMT) .

5. Dance the version taught by Ines Markeljevic in the Thriller Teaching Videos and use the song provided by TTW.

6. Follow the instructions for setting up dancer registration, which will be sent to after you register your event.

7. Take photos of your dance and post them online.

8. Take a video of your dance and post it on YouTube

8. Have 1 witness, anyone over age 18, write a short statement that they witnessed the event and the rules were followed. We will send you a form.

9. Have a lot of fun along the way!!!

THINGS YOU MUST NOT DO

1. Don’t run your event for personal benefit. This is intended as a promotional and community-building event. Yes, you paid a registration fee to TTW and that is to cover the costs of running TTW. You can do the same to make sure you do not take a personal loss. You are allowed to raise funds, gain sponsorship and charge class fees or participant fees in a reasonable amount in order to cover your direct costs. Extra money should either be donated to your charity and/or a small amount can be set aside (up to 20%) for start-up costs next year. But no money should go to anyone involved in running the event for their personal benefit.

2. All events must use the TTW logo as provided. No words or graphics should appear above or to the left of the logo. Words or graphics to represent your city, group or organization name can be below or to the right of the TTW logo.

3. All events must use the TTW logo just alike a McDonald’s in India wouldn’t make their own logo in the shape of an elephant, same rules apply to all TTW events.

4. Stay positive about Michael Jackson, Thrill The World, Ines Markeljevic and other TTW events. If you don’t have anything nice to say…find a way to deflect and re-direct the conversation to something else. Michael Jackson continues to have an undeniable positive influence through his music and humanitarian work. That’s what we are celebrating and honoring at “Thrill The World!”

THE DANCE AND MUSIC

1. The countdown to Thrill Time will be on the homepage of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or you can simply tune in to our official radio station [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to hear Thriller being broadcast at World Thrill Time! DanceNow is available on all smart/ web enabled phones. Or at the precise designated time make sure to hit play on your music or video machine.

2. Have a back-up plan for music/audio! Just in case, have a CD/mp3 on site and a secondary sound system, even if it is not very good! If all else fails, yell out the words.

3. Events without internet connection should sync their on-site clocks to the countdown time on TTW’s homepage and just start dancing.

4. If one person dances, that one person is still counted, as long as they registered as an official event before the deadline. There are no minimum or maximum numbers of participants.

5. All participants must dance the Thrill The World choreography as taught by Ines Markeljevic on the website and YouTube.

6 All participants must do the steps correctly and perform the full dance. Participants who have any sort of physical limitations or pains are permitted to modify the steps for their needs as long as they are identifiable as being TTW’s Thriller.

7. All events must use the 5 minute 58 second version of Thriller and it must be at full speed.

8. Events may use the version of the song that contains the dance script and/or the video of Ines dancing at full speed.

9. Let the song or video clip play from the beginning. Do not fast forward past the 40 second intro of walking, creaking and howling. Let it play!

10. Start the dance like this: 1. All dancers begin lying on the ground and slowly get up during the creepy intro music, or 2. All dancers just stay standing in place until the choreography begins. Dancers should stay in the dance area once counted. If you want them to enter the dance area then make sure the audience members don’t walk into the area or that dancers that were counted leave and don’t end up dancing, otherwise your count will be off.

WITNESS AND COUNTING

1. Everyone who is dancing “Thriller” must be counted and signed-in right before and verified by one witness who supervises the entire counting process. The final count can be done in several ways for more help read the manual.

2. The witness must make sure everyone is doing the same dance at the same time and not doing something else like posing for photographs.

THE WORLD RECORD

1. A TTW certificate will be posted on the website under the Event Managers page and each event manager, should they wish, may send certificates to each qualified participant.

2. If your event wishes to individually compete for the Guinness World Record for “Largest Thriller Dance” in one location, you will require more than 13.000 people. Contact Guinness for details at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3. The world record that TTW is attempting for the “Largest Simultaneous Thriller Dance.” The current world record for “Largest Simultaneous Thriller Dance” (multiple locations) on October 24/25 2009, when 22,571 people in 264 cities from 33 countries danced “Thriller” at exactly the same time! These records were set with the Record Holders Republic.

Thrill The World, Inc. assumes no actual or legal responsibility or liability for the actions, omissions, or conduct of local Thrill the World event managers and/or organizers performed in connection with, or in the course of, any local Thrill The World event.

Did you read all of these rules? Really? You did! THRILL THE WORLD LOVES YOU! Please feel free to register your event.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE

-No experience necessary

-No age restrictions

-No limit to number of events per city

-All events are non-profit

-Charity affiliation is OPTIONAL and the charity is chosen by the Event Manager

-Anyone can dance

-Anyone can teach

-Anyone can lead/run an event

Note: For 2014 check if there are updated rules before doing anything at the website.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Michael Jackson fans have gathered across the globe for a simultaneous dance for his hit 'Thriller'.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down