MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2

3 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2 Empty Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2

Post by Admin Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History Tour RARE  
NEW NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE  

Approximately twenty minutes of never-before-seen footage filmed during Michael Jackson’s private HIStory World Tour rehearsals has appeared online today.

The tour, which kicked off in September 1996 and finished more than a year later in October 1997, visited 58 cities, hosting 82 concerts in 35 countries across 5 continents while reaching an audience of 4.5 million fans and grossing $165 million.

Much like the This Is It film, the newly-leaked footage takes you behind the scenes of Jackson’s rehearsal process, showcasing the King of Pop singing, dancing and brainstorming with his collaborative partners.

The footage also features candid interviews with a number of tour personnel including choreographers, drummer Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett, and co-director Kenny Ortega.

“It’s always a partnership with Michael,” says Ortega in the footage. “I was co-directing, co-conceptualising and co-staging… I had a strong partner there who really had belief in the potential of this tour from the very start.”

And as with This Is It, preparations for the HIStory World tour were a race against the clock as opening night approached.

“The challenge I think was in the physical time we had,” explains Ortega. “Could we get everything built? Could we practise with everything in time…”

As far as concert tours in the mid-90s went, Jackson’s HIStory was a logistical monster. The sound and lighting rigs were enormous. There were several hydraulic-powered people launchers, which Jackson called “toasters”, built into the stage. There was the “MJ-2040″ rocket ship from which Jackson would triumphantly emerge dressed as a gold-plated space soldier seemingly inspired by C3PO from Star Wars. There was a giant “cherry picker” crane rigged with a high-powered fan, smoke and lights that would take Jackson out above his screaming audience during the show. And there was a military tank that would invade the stage in a moving theatrical rendition of “Earth Song”.

“We looked at each other kind of like; Do we dare actually build a tank? Where will it come from and how will we get it up there?” remembers Ortega. “So we basically designed the stage around being able to accomplish this feat.”

Although there do not appear to be any plans in place to officially release this captivating rehearsal footage, there has been some work done on preparing high-definition footage of the HIStory World Tour itself for a possible 3D cinema presentation.

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2

Post by MjjPureSoul Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:10 pm

I found this yummy photo ladies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Rehearsing for History tour NEW - RARE ~ Parts 1 & 2

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:38 pm

OH MY GOSH!! I sware Michael Bush had the best job ever lol!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

See updated YT video-the old Part 1 and 2 were missing Wink

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down