MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

+5
MjjPureSoul
Ploppy
Capricious Anomaly
ljmissmj
Admin
9 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 Empty XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

March 31, 2014

It was announced today that on May 13th Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid. After mining by the Estate of Jackson’s archives, Reid was granted unlimited access to the treasures spanning four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals. Reid then teamed up top producers to “contemporize” the songs while retaining Jackson’s essence and integrity, creating the best music you’ve never heard.

The list of producers include global hitmakers Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain.

The new album will feature eight brand new recordings. A Deluxe Edition of XSCAPE will include a selection of the recordings in their original form. Both the standard and Deluxe Editions are available April 1st for pre-order on iTunes ( Smarturl.it/xscape ) and elsewhere.

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

Full press release below and more news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON
OUT ON EPIC RECORDS MAY 13

EPIC CHIEF L.A. REID TEAMS UP WITH TOP PRODUCERS TO “CONTEMPORIZE” SONGS FROM ICONIC ARTIST’S ARCHIVE

March 31, 2014 — New York, NY — On May 13, Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the internationally beloved music icon and King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The project features eight new tracks, which the world will be hearing for the very first time on the new album. For the ultimate fan experience, XSCAPE will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The XSCAPE standard and Deluxe Editions are available for pre-order beginning April 1 on iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid, who, after an initial mining of Jackson’s archives by the Estate, was granted unlimited access to the treasures representing four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson’s essence and integrity. It’s a process Reid calls “contemporizing.” The album’s lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson’s work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome “Jroc” Harmon and John McClain.

“Modern music and artistry would look and sound completely different if not for the groundbreaking contributions Michael Jackson gifted to the world,” remarked L.A. Reid. “Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project. Written by Michael Jackson and Jerkins, and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, “Xscape” has further significance in that it is the one track on the album that was ‘contemporized’ by the producer who recorded it originally in the studio with Michael.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

XSCAPE is a long awaited collection of exciting new music that will thrill the legions of fans of one of the world’s most revered and best-selling artists, as well as attract a whole new generation discovering his artistry for the first time. In conjunction with the release of XSCAPE, Epic / Sony Music will launch an unprecedented global campaign with the One Sony sister companies, Sony Corporation, Sony Mobile Communications, and Sony Network Entertainment International drawing from all of Sony’s strengths and consumer reach.

"Michael has long been a treasured member of the larger Sony family," said Kazuo Hirai, President and CEO, Sony Corporation. "Starting with the release of ‘Off The Wall’ in 1979, Sony Music Entertainment has since released all of Michael’s recordings. We are thrilled and privileged to be collaborating as One Sony to celebrate Michael’s latest legacy, and bringing his fans an exclusive experience through our upcoming initiatives with our products and services."

More news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by MjjPureSoul Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 pm

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478 cheers 

Ploppy, your brilliant contributions to this forum are a real perk up. Yours too IJCSLuMJ. I truly believe Michael brings us together in a certain way  Wink 

I love your cat story but how sad one had passed away two years ago, it's heartbreaking losing a pet, I know the terrible feeling too well. The Russian blue? I guess those are the ones that have a distinctive 'meow'? quite loud? lol. Or am I thinking of the Siamese?

LMAO about the Xena warrior pics and collectables  Laughing  I used to be a big fan of Xena in the early 90's. Not as bad as being a Bay City Rollers fan from the 70's right?.  Embarassed Laughing that was me too. We all had our fun crushes lol
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:55 pm

The Russian Blue were the royal cats of the Tzars in Russia. It is the Siamese that has that deep meow. Quincy knew she was suppose to be a princess.
Now I do remember Bay City Rollers - S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. night was that their song? They wore plaids something like Rod Stewart did at times. Don't know anything about Xena but do remember Wonder Woman.

I, too, believe that Michael bonds us.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3906354512 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Silly me, of course. I just googled both the Russian blue and the Maine Coons and WOW! Those Maine Coons are ginormous!  Surprised I've never seen those before. I wouldn't like to guess how much they need to eat daily? Are they as independent as the smaller cat? As for the Russian blue, I love! their look. Such a shame you had to have them adopted out, but good they went to someone you could trust to take care of. Don't ever see the manx cat like we used to anymore. Not in our part of the country now anyhow, they tend to be in the Isle Of Mann which is where they come from.

The BCR's lol, correct! the tartan brigade with platform boots and feather cut hair styles. That's right Rod Stewart was from around that same era. All glam rock.

Sorry Plops, forgot to let you know here in the UK it's Sunday night 11.34pm as I type.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:06 pm

The Maine Coon doesn't eat overly but they do inhale it so their food has to be bigger chunkier kibble so it forces them to chew. The are more cuddlier than the normal cat - they love cuddling and being warm even with all that hair. They like to play but usually if they are taking toys from the other cat or dog at times. The reason I had to adopt them out was because I was going to be in the hospital for at least 3 months with the health problems with my lungs and that's too long for them to be alone and depend on people stopping by for visits and feedings and litter box cleanings. Also I wasn't sure whether I would be allergic to them with my breathing and Melody and Shelley had been eying my babies when I had moved in a year before I got sick. They would often come up and visit the cats, and me.
So you must be about 5 hours ahead of me in time.
Well I guess you are off to bed...your 17th sleep haha
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Me again. Just remembered a part of Frank's book where Michael and kids moved into the Cascio's home in New Jersey and they brought along their dog and a cat. I guess MJ liked cats too. I knew he liked dogs - remember how he tricked Dominic, Frank's father, into allowing Connie, his wife, to accept a dog that Michael had bought her (really Frank had done all the checking out) a dog for Christmas one year.
Did you ever see Michael in concert just around where you live or anywhere?
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Main Coon cats are beautiful!
Yes Michael loved cats! Here is a pic of him holding one, not sure what the name of the kitty is but sure is CUTE! My 2 favorite things together! Click on the link to see the pic Smile
I remember Michael saying that he was scared of dogs, but he got over it so his children could have one. And Paris had a kitty which is AWESOME!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

That's a big aaawwwwww
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Gee!  Surprised  While on the subject of cats! and looking at that cute pic of Michael with a lucky black cat, thanks for sharing IJCSLuMJ. I just had to go search this Youtube goodie which I couldn't resist  Wink so enjoy ladies  Smile This is one of my favourites of Janet's.

Quote from Michael in 1993 he said "I hope this will be finally put to rest.... something that has been said for too many years!.... (pulls his sister Janet close to his side and says:... "Me and Janet really are two different people"..

WOW precisely! and look at their likeness on this vid  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3480612478 

Ploppy, that's interesting stuff on the Coons. Yeah I saw Michael at the Roundhay Park concert (Dangerous tour August 16th 92) then again in Tenerife the following year.  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 1978086825  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 2307242536  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 744714710  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 4229425672  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 3998962363  Anything you want to ask please feel free, I'll be happy to share   XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 1840725692  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 817141282 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm

You are just too lucky...you saw him twice. Wait until Jane hears that when she arrives tomorrow to do the laundry. What did it feel like MjjPureSoul? I know that is a silly question but I had to ask it. Rolling Eyes scratch 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks for sharing MjjPureSoul! You are too lucky, getting to see Mikey TWICE! how amazing!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey girls your XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 936075699 

I can only say it was the best experience I've had. The first time at Roundhay I went by myself whereas other gigs I've been to there was no way I'd have gone alone. For whatever reason, I was just drawn and pulled to this one. It was like a unique 'invitation' to Michael's personal event (even though we knew too well it was a concert) but it felt like something very personal which was how I managed to attend it alone for that one. I managed to get to the front just a few feet from the barrier bar so I got an exceptional view. As soon as Michael exploded onto the stage it was like ... Surprised Shocked people were dropping like pins being so overcome by him. There were tears, screams, over joyous you name it. I was speechless and in awe. He resembled a very fragile doll he looked absolutely amazing. Played a solid 2 hour stint. My favourite performances had to be Billie Jean, Beat It, Heal The World, She's Out Of My Life, Smooth Criminal(with that terrific 45 degree lean) and not forgetting Man In The Mirror. I walked back home after the show in a complete daze lol. I was like it for the following 3 days after. It was brilliant.  king king The attendance was 60,000

If I'd got onto that stage to dance with him for She's Out Of My Life I'd have asked him to call round for a cuppa after the show lol.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:24 pm

OMG! amazing! You are very lucky!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:29 pm

And this is the only bit of the concert on TY from there. I've searched and searched to see if there's any longer footage but there isn't. I don't understand why.

Same from the Tenerife concert except that it shows different parts from the build-up to it. All I can assume is that it's because it was all that time ago and no one had decent recording equipment then. Not like now where everything is digital and hi[tech.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Rats that is short but just think you were there. I have to go rest on the couch for a minute or two.

Wow oh Wow.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 pm

At least there is some footage! Thanks PureSoul!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:06 pm

Well my MJ fan~mily it is time to set the correct number of sleeps until we get our own copies of Xscape

15 sleeps as of Monday April 28      XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 242871577 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

15 SLEEPS!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Be still my heart XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 21926744 

I'm still trying to get over that far too lucky MjjPureSoul seeing Michael not once but twice AND I just learned from my cleaning lady, Jane, that the 2nd time PureSoul saw him was in Spain, not just around the corner from her house in Roundhay Leeds!!!  She didn't walk home from that concert she floated XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 694993440 

Yes 15 wonderful sleeps.  It is quite overcast and rainy here in Ontario Canada today and my joints from Rheumatoid Arthritis are aching so much I couldn't drag myself to our little exercise classes this afternoon.  Just playing some Spider Solitaire and watching for any Magical LOVE coming may way XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 407633263
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Well here is a short bleep ladies...I'm still feeling achy and tired

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 8 242871577  14 sleeps as of Tuesday, April 29

Oh My Gosh
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 am

Don't forget to check on michaeljackson.com for info about Xscape' s single being released Thursday! Sleep well Ploppy Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 am

Yes just heard about that and will stay up a tiny bit longer and look into what that is all about. Thanks ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8