MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread Empty Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I know a lot of us are starting to prepare for our Christmas Holiday which entails much to do including all the cooking and baking. I love it and I am sure many others do too! I am willing to 'part' with a few recipes that are my signatures for every single Christmas for over 40 years! Watch this thread for these recipes for "Butterballs" and "Thumbrints" and "Cream Cheese Cutout Sugar Cookies" (for decorating) let me know if anyone wants any of these recipes and I look forward to seeing everyone else bring theirs too!!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3074318044 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1232696185 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3074318044

Last edited by Admin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread Empty Re: Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:39 pm

I know that I will be making these pepsi cupcakes with the MJ pepsi can pepsi for my family this christmas and will add little decorative red and green christmas tree sprinkles. This is a great idea for us to all share our Christmas recipies!:

PEPSI CAKE RECIPE (also yields 3 dozen cupcakes)
If you are making the cupcakes and you don't have enough batter to fill in an entire cupcake pan- fill the unused cupcake molds with water so all of the cupcakes are evenly cooked. Also- with the cupcakes make sure you check 5-10 minutes earlier than specified in the recipe- and test with a toothpick to see if they are done.

pixxa:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

recipe:
2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. Pepsi Cola
3 tbsp. cocoa
2 beaten eggs
2 sticks butter
1/2 c. buttermilk in which 1 tsp. baking soda is dissolved
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows

Sift sugar and flour together in a bowl. Bring Pepsi, cocoa and butter to boiling. Remove from the heat and add the flour and sugar mixture and stir. Add the buttermilk with the soda, eggs, and marshmallows. Pour into a well greased 9 x 13 inch pan. The marshmallows will be on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

FROSTING: Boil 6 tablespoons Pepsi, 3 tablespoons cocoa and 1 stick butter. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 pound of sifted powdered sugar. Add 1 cup chopped walnuts if desired and finally stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla. Spread immediately on cooled cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't have any buttermilk in your home here's a fast, easy way to make a buttermilk substitute :
Milk (just under one cup)
1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
1. Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
2. Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
3. Let stand for five minute. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3074318044 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1545505134 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 73882304 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1545505134 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3074318044
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Excellent posting for the Pepsi cuppercakes!! TY WATW!!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1363876860
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm

I have been remiss everybody-I meant to post the cookie recipes sooner-promise they will be in this thread in the next day or so-I have to type out the ingredients and baking -prep instructions which will take a bit.

Just have your baking staple goods in your pantry such as:

flour
butter (or margarine)
vanilla extract
confectioner's sugar (powdered)
brown sugar
nuts (walnuts or pecans)
cookie cutters for the holidays
red - green sugars
food coloring for icing for the cut out cookies

(and there is more which will be in recipes-those are the main ingredients)

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3747380137
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Gee, I never heard of Pepsi cup cakes WATW. Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 787932185 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 2296622751
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm

@midangerous

I made a batch of these when the MJ pepsi first came out and everyone loved them. Just make sure you use the baking instructions written at the top if you decide to make these yummy treats because the ones written in the actual recipe were meant for a cake- there are just a few slight variations you have to make when doing the cupcakes.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Ok WATW Smile It sounds like it could be good.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm

The Good Eats show is my favorite to watch on the food channel, I'd like to share a special Christmas recipe by Alton Brown:

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 2224629404 Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheel and Sugar Cookie recipes Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 2224629404

Ingredients

1 batch Sugar Cookies, recipe follows
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies

Directions

Divide the dough in half and add chocolate and vanilla to 1 half and incorporate with hands. Add egg yolk, peppermint extract, and crushed candy to other half of dough and incorporate with hands. Cover both with plastic and chill for approximately 5 minutes. Roll out doughs separately to approximately 1/4-inch thickness. Place peppermint dough on top of chocolate and press together around the edges. Using waxed paper or flexible cutting board underneath, roll dough into log. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place cookies 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat and bake for 12 to 13 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Sugar Cookie:

3 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 tablespoon milk

Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3747380137

Enjoy!

midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm

OK here is my recipe for Thumbprint cookies! You can use different fruit jams to fill the 'thumbprint' you make on top of the cookie dough ball when you bake them after the cookies cool or you can press a Hershey's kisses candy into the top before putting in the oven. Yummy cookies both ways!

Ingedients:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

I always triple this recipe (or double it)-if you want plenty to have around-just double or triple the recipe.

>>>Optional - 3-4 oz walnuts (chopped up small to roll the balls in before you press your thumb on balls before you bake-you don't need to coat the balls heavily-just a little for the tops)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake time is 11-13 minutes (watch your oven for the 1st batch you bake-you want cookies browned on bottom and the nuts just starting to brown (if you use nuts) - don't burn the nuts.

Directions:

Cream together in a large bowl the butter and sugar, beat in beaten egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. When well mixed together-add the dry ingredients into the butter sugar mixture in the large bowl.

After all mixed togther place the dough into a container and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour (makes it firmer and easier to roll the balls). Take a teaspoon and get small amounts of dough to roll each ball - roll all the dough into balls- when finished - make sure oven is heated to 350 -

NOTE: if using nuts: separate 1 egg - keeping only the whites - whip the whites up with a fork until frothy-roll all the balls in the whites - then roll wet balls in the chopped nuts-

If you are putting Hershey Kisses on each cookie-press on top of the balls once they are on baking sheet-If you are planning to fill with jam after they bake-then press your thumb into the balls once on the baking sheet.

When all balls are rolled (and prepped with nuts if you use them)- place on baking sheet -allow space between these as they will spread a bit as the bake-either press your thumb into the balls or press the chocolate kisses into them

Now pop in oven and get these cookies going!

Cool cookies and store in airtight tin-or wrap plate with foil.

I wait until I am prepping gift cookie plates to add jam (my fav is blackberry) as this keeps the cookies from being all messy while storing-and are in nice shape to make gifts - I put out a big platter when family comes for Christmas with all the different cookies and add the jam in the thumbprint cookies then. If you used Hersheys kisses -they are all done and store nicely!

ENJOY!! Merry Christmas!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 625713513
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 pm

I just made a triple recipe of dough for the thumbprints and put in freezer! 1 type of cookie dough made - 2 more to go! lol Then I have to make my sheet of fudge too! I can post my fudge recipe if anyone wants to see it.

Next recipe I will post is for Butterballs!! I know that is a fav of WATW's - we talk about them a lot every Christmas lol!

Then I will post my recipe (My sweet Grandmother's recipe - LOVE You My Angel Grandma RIP with all the other angels!) for Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies!

They will look like this lol Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3142898280

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Here is the Butterballs recipe:

Heat oven to 375 degrees - baking time = 10-12 minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 Tablespoon vanilla

3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar is the other name)
2 cups flour
1/4-1/3 cup walnuts (chopped very fine)

Optional: My mom used to put 1 little whole clove in cookie dough before baking-if you like this idea - try this - I like the flavor of the walnuts alone eithout cloves myself so I dont use them.

Directions:

Cream butter and vanilla together. Add the flour and confectioners sugar and walnuts-mix well-put dough in fridge for 1/2 hour (or freeze for later in airtight container.) Take the dough out of fridge-use a teaspoon to get small amount of dough to roll the balls. Place 1" apart on cookie sheet and bake (10-12 mins. - remember to watch 1st batch-you want browned bottoms but not browned cookie overall). Before the cookies are done baking, get a large plastic bag (like a gallon ziploc bag or similar) and put about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in it-when the cookies come out of oven-they are very hot-wait about 3-4 mins then put 3-4 cookies at a time in powdered sugar bag and shake-remove to plate and do all quickly-the sugar coats the cookies and sticks really well when still warm. If you wait until they are all cooled - the sugar wont stick as well. Store in tin container or foil covered plate. I always put a piece of foil between the layers in the cookie tins to prevent the cookies from getting messy or sticking together with the sugar.

This recipe is for all but especially for WATW because we love them so much! lol

Enjoy your Chrismas butterballs everyone!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 48926182 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 868278926 Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 48926182
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:12 pm

I love butterballs lol! A few years ago I started making these drawings in paint. Through the years they have progressively gotten more and more detailed. I have over 100 drawings that vary from parodys of situations to pop culture and just different scenarios that my little smileys might get themselves into in every day life lol.

I made one in Christmas of 2010 of a butterball factory that was done on a really crappy desktop pc on which the mouse barely functioned. I thought I'd share it here. I'd really appreciate if the link to these pix stayed on this site and that it is not posted anywhere else.

I also want to share one from Christmas last year. As you can see it looks a lot cleaner and is definitely more detail oriented.

Let me know what you guys think of these. Maybe I can share more later if you all want
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 pm

OMG those pix are so great-I remember when you made them before I LOVE IT!! I could never make those in the "Paint" program-I cant even draw a straight line in 'paint' - you are so funny WATW!!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 73882304
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks for the great recipes admin! (and everybody!) AND those are the cutest ever pictures you made WATW!! I cannot believe you can do that in paint! That is amazing and really FUNNY!! You have a great sense of humor too lol I am no good using paint either I only use to grab screenshots Cool

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Just baked 5 dozen butterballs - still wish I had the WATW butterball factory!! lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Whoopie Pie Recipe:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1 cup of lard

2 eggs

1 t. of salt

3/4 cup of cocoa

2 cups of sugar

5 cups of flour

1 cup of sour milk

Last of all add:

1 c. of hot water

2 t. of soda

Mix lard, eggs, sugar, set aside. Mix flour, salt, cocoa together. Add to lard mixture alternately with sour milk. Last add hot water and soda. Drop cookie sheet and bake 375 degrees 10-12 min. Frost when cool and stick 2 together.

For the Filling:

Beat 2 egg whites

Add:

2 T. of vanilla

4 T. of milk

2 cups of powdered sugar

Beat thoroughly.

Add 2 more c. powdered sugar and 1 c. crisco. Mix well.

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 3626891790
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm

@admin

I made butterballs yesterday. I had never heard of them before until I read your recipe a couple days ago. I gave some to my roommates and they loved them and so do I! I will definitely make butterballs every year at Christmas from now on Smile
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 pm

@Mod

I really love b-balls myself- admin gave me the recipe back in Christmas of '09 and they are amazing!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 pm

@WATW

I will probably make another batch on Christmas eve and have a couple with my homemade Reese's waffles that I always make on Christmas morning. Some of these other recipes sound really good, I'll probably put a couple of mine in this thread in the next couple of days.
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 pm

I'd love to read your Christmas recipes MJ Mod. I'm helping my grandparents make their desserts for when my family comes over on Christmas day and I told them I have some great new Christmas yummys recipes (most of which came from this thread!) and they are all anxious to try them.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Wow you guys lol!!

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1319305797
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Everybody remember to check out the other Christmas threads for new posts!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I know this really isn't a recipe but for Christmas I just made a gingerbread house and I'd like to share it here:

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 am

That house looks beautiful WATW.

Favorite Christmas Recipes Thread 1363876860
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:08 pm

If it's ok, I'd like to share some photos of my sugar cookies:

midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm

Well it's New Year's Eve and time to put the Christmas things away. Thanks everybody for all the recipes and fun-we will bring this thread back next Christmas and add more to it - Have a Great 2013!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down