MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover

+4
May Michael Jackson
Capricious Anomaly
midangerous
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

fair - Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover  Empty Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover

11/13/13 1 hr ago | Vanity Fair

Because of the overwhelming response to Vanity Fair 's century-spanning cover contest-a competition in which you can rank your favorite magazine covers-we've extended voting until Friday, November 22. As of today, Michael Jackson's December 1989 cover and Robert Pattinson's April 2011 cover lead the pack with 46,657 votes and 45,613 votes, ... (more)
[I assume this should continue to say MJ's votes]

Note: As most are aware we have been voting for MJ's cover for a couple weeks-however the VF website crashes and it has to be due to the many MJ fans voting as more found out about it! lol

I can't even open this story from my MJ news search to put the entire thing!

Here is the link that just doesn't open if anyone gets it please post the rest of the story lol:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

fair - Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover  Empty Re: Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover

Post by midangerous Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

and 45,613 votes, respectively. Both were photographed by Vanity Fair contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.

So far, legions of fans have campaigned for their favorites throughout the competition. What’s at stake? One lucky voter will win a stay at the London Edition hotel, while the subject of the reigning cover will be treated to a special photo retrospective on VF.com.

Browse through hundreds of choices here, and be sure to vote for your favorite. Remember, voting ends next Friday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

fair - Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover  Empty Re: Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover

Post by Admin Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks my dear midangerous! I cannot get on VF! Like for real! For days! I have that VF and I LOVE IT!! (The MJ edition of course)! Bye bye Twilighters!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:07 pm

I cannot get on VF either. Thanks midangerous-keep voting all! If you can get on the site that is! lol
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Keep us updated! I still can't get on VF Sad
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Eureka-I clicked this article link and got on the site! I still need to try to vote but this was added to the article from yesterday:

"UPDATE: We've noted complaints about other technical issues in the voting system. To clarify: Users may only vote for the same cover once a day. We are aware of technical issues and are actively working to solve them. Thanks for your patience!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:05 pm

OK I got to the vote page and clicked on NUMBER 1 Michael Jackson with 47950 votes! BUT the vote didn't go through. That is not cool.

Twilight boy is sitting at 46327 votes so with the fact that having problems getting on the site at all-then when getting on-not being able to vote for MJ seems shady to me. Is VF shutting down the function for MJ voters? I will try to vote for the Twilighter to see if that vote works and if so I will send a complaint!

Here is the message when I tried to vote fro MJ's cover:

Error
An error occurred processing your vote.
Close

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Here's the page to the covers to vote-choose "SORT BY VOTES" on the top of the page and MJ is the 1st choice. VOTE!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey Fan~mily! I too just got on the VF site but was not able to vote. So I went to the link of the article (see in OP and below) and saw several comments so I posted this (read the bottom comment first):

CapriciousAnomaly
4 minutes ago

After reading a few of the comments here, I see there are many stating they cannot vote for the MJ cover which as I just posted took me days to just get on the VF site, then to finally get on and then NOT have my vote count. ERROR messages. I liked the idea of one poster saying the comments should be recognized. I think that could be a great idea!

SO-If you cannot vote, post a comment and head the comment with: "THIS is a VOTE for the MICHAEL JACKSON cover. PLEASE count this post as 1 vote and add to totals since my attempted vote did not register due to site malfunction. Let's play fair here. Thanks.

CapriciousAnomaly
14 minutes ago

It still errors when attempting to vote for the Michael Jackson cover! It took days to even access the site-then to not be able to vote fairly seems shady. Is this only a problem voting when trying to vote for MJ? This contest should be closed if it is not working correctly. Michael Jackson is in 1st place as he should be so just close this and declare him the #1 winner!

So go to that link if you cannot vote and make a comment asking it to be counted as 1 vote. Do it 1 x daily until 11/22 and see if they make another announcement regarding this now. It is clearly not fair and VF needs to rectify the problem IMO.

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:10 pm

I see your post on that VF page is getting comments Capricious! Looks like people took your idea and are voting using the posts when they can't vote on the system. Great idea!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Well I finally got 1 vote in after trying several times through this day. MJ is still #1 with 48045 votes. The kid from Twilight has: 46405 - It's about time the votes have been added and after 5 days I could get 1 vote in! MJ is ahead by a little over 1500 votes-get to voting everyone!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

48377 votes for MJ now
46464 votes for the other in 2nd
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:48 pm

#1 MJ - 49415 votes
#2 - 46809 votes

lol

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:34 pm

MJ - 49915 votes

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 pm

MJ 53487 votes today at 3 pm Buenos Aires time.
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

MJ = 53570 votes  

That is nearly 100 votes in a 1/2 hr! But again the vote I tried to cast DID NOT work. VF is shady with all this imo. MJ has been winning and had won when the original closing date occurred but they want more traffic to their site so they extended it until 11/22! People are on to them though. Just keep voting. #2 is also gaining at 47857 votes right now. MJ still leads with more votes and a widening lead as each day goes by. Smile

Hi May! Good to see you! fair - Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair's Best Cover  3480612478 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:57 pm

MJ 54335 votes at 6:57 pm Buenos Aires time.

@Admin So good to see you, too, Sweety! <3
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 pm

I just voted for the MJ cover and I believe it went through, it says "thankyou for voting"
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Me too midangerous-it wouldn't work again today for awhile then it went through. You see Capricious all over the comments on the article VF page about the battle between MJ and Twilighter lol

Please post the most recent number of votes when you go there OK?

You go Capricious!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

MJ: 55093
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Voted again!

55171 votes for MJ

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:12 pm

57840 votes for MJ that is a gap of more than 9,000 votes against the 2nd one. MJ is the greatest ever!!!
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes Michael! Always NUMBER ONE!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:18 pm

YAY MICHAEL!!! always ahead!
i'm about to vote!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

i can't vote? i hit the vote button and nothing happens?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 am

PLEASE KEEP VOTING. I HAVE JUST VOTED AGAIN. 60,506 AND THIS IS A GAP OF MORE THAN 11,000 VOTES FOR MIKE AGAIST THE SECOND ONE... YES!!!
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:46 pm

@May: We are MJ Strong! lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:33 pm

I tried to vote and again it wouldn't allow-said I already voted and to try again tomorrow! I didn't vote today or within the last 24 hours so they are still "shady" IMO!

#1 MJ = 61733 votes
#2 RP = 49288 votes

If all votes were allowed MJ would be way further ahead lol

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Keep trying Capricious-I have had that happen several times too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:24 pm

Did u already vote Capricious?
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next