MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Countries Famous Landmarks

4 posters

Go down

Your Countries Famous Landmarks Empty Your Countries Famous Landmarks

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:23 pm

I thought I'd create a subject on our area landmarks and famous beauty spots to share. I chose this as a starter :-) this is one of our UK's popular landmarks called the Angel Of The North. Enjoy the read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Your Countries Famous Landmarks Empty Re: Your Countries Famous Landmarks

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:24 pm

thats really cool!!!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 pm

This is a great idea for a thread! I love the UK and all the wonderful history and the landmarks are amazing! I will enjoy looking at all the links and pictures.

I have a question-have you ever been to Stonehenge? I never had a chance to go when I was in Europe. I was in Amsterdam and around the North Sea - took Eurail (sp) and went through Haarlem etc..

I am in SF so I will post info too. There is a few references in a few OT threads but I like the landmarks theme of this thread.

Thanks for posting! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 pm

what is SF?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

SF=San Francisco (I think anyway)

This is a cool thread - I will be back to read it all when I have a chance. Great idea PureSoul Wink
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

oh ok!!! we have the alamo here in san antonio!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

You're very welcome!

@admin, you know Stonehenge is one place I have not visited lol! even though it's talked about a great deal with tourists. I'll find some info on it and post it. I'll do that a bit later on. I have others to share too Smile Please show all your landmarks too, ladies. It's interesting to see what we all have ;-) Plus the places where Michael had visited.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 pm

This is where I saw Michael on his Dangerous tour, peeps. This beautiful place is littrally on my doorstep. I recommend if any of you guys visit here (England) at anytime to make Roundhay Park one of your destinations to see. You'll love it.

MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:09 pm

How lovely! Thanks for posting Pure!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 pm

ooh that will be on a list of places i want to in my lifetime!!!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Well this is another of our Yorkshire parks, this one has deer. For years my dream has always been to find a pair of antlers but were never successful to come across any. In 2010 I was talking to a group of park volunteers who had been working in the grounds for 15 years and also never had any success in finding any. One of them said to me it's like finding a needle in a haystack lol, you'd be extremely! lucky if you did find any because walkers are normally the ones who make it a religion to go searching for these things which means they more or less comb the place looking for them. They know exactly when to find them so they make dates and times starting from as early as dawn and take a whole day to look in groups. The area is so vast so it takes a lot of walkers to search the grounds. In june 2010 me and my hubby were there on a walk and we were discussing how Michael loved these beautiful animals as we were walking very close by some fallow - they are just amazing to look at. We continued walking on so leaving them behind when Michael's voice in my head said 'come this way'... So I said to my hubby I'm just going to take a look up here, you keep walking on and I'll catch up with you. So I went off the walk path and onto the rough area of grass and along to this tree where I was directed by Michael's instruction. I looked around the three trunk and the area around it when suddenly I saw an antler lying there near some rough. It was a paddle antler which is the one I had always wanted to find. When I saw this lying there my pulse rate went woof (excitement or what!) Shocked I couldn't believe it. It's my prized posession ladies. I believe it was Michael who lead me to find that antler cheers Your Countries Famous Landmarks 2583843358 I got it home, cleaned it up, varnished it and got my neighbour to make a fancy wooden plinth for it which now stands proud on our display cabinet. I wanted to get a metal tag engraved for it because I'm still thinking of an appropriate name for it Your Countries Famous Landmarks 3897828759 This is what it looks like, ladies

Last edited by MjjPureSoul on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photo)
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down