MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE'

4 posters

Go down

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Empty Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE'

Post by MJ Mod Wed May 08, 2013 4:35 pm

A sneak peek at Michael Jackson ONE

By: Grace Bascos
May 8, 2013

Cirque du Soleil prides itself on making each new show bigger and badder than the last. And for this second combination of the spectacle of Cirque du Soleil with the musical genius of Michael Jackson, this one is bad all right (which of course means that it's really really badass). The first show, the top-grossing Michael Jackson – The Immortal World Tour is currently touring Europe. In Las Vegas, four new acts of Michael Jackson ONEwere previewed to the media as a sneak peek of the new King of Pop-driven show at Mandalay Bay.

Michael Jackson ONE writer and director Jamie King and director of creation Welby Altidor spoke briefly to the show's first "real" audience about their excitement leading up to the show, before preview performances begin May 23. King and Altidor chose four scenes they felt showcase the energy of the new show, which features more than 60 performers in a theater that has a sound system worthy of Jackson's iconic music.

Where Cirque du Soleil would normally have clowns before the show, Michael Jackson ONE features black fedora and red trench coat-clad paparazzi roaming the aisles, getting in the faces of audience members. This is a nod to the struggle the star had with the media hounding him, and just one of the instances where art imitates Jackson's life. The paparazzi don't leave quietly – they make an appearance in Tabloid Junkie, an act that's an assault on the senses, and highlights some of the crazier rumors about Jackson, including buying the bones of the Elephant Man and sleeping in an oxygen tank.

Michael Jackson's trademark choreography fits seamlessly with classic Cirque du Soleil acrobatics. "With Cirque," says King, "I can express and experience his music in a new way. There are a lot of iconic moments that are put on with a Cirque twist." Indeed, a lot of the movement in the show, according to Altidor and King, was defined by asking "If Michael was an acrobat, how would he move?"

The ballad Stranger in Moscow showcases a beautiful and strong solitary rope acrobat personifying the theme of isolation. That song was written in response to allegations and pressures in Jackson's career.

Smooth Criminal is a study in light and dark, and a testament to the innovative costume design by Zaldy Goco. The performers' seemingly black and white pinstripe suits glow neon dragons under black lights. In this choreography-heavy number, the dancers even nail the song's signature gravity-defying 45-degree lean.

And yes, there was a sneak peek of Bad itself, with a team of acrobats bouncing on lines of thin tape as if they were trampolines. But this is also where we get our first Moonwalk, courtesy of a couple of magical shoes that float from the sky and bust out the classic move as soon as they hit the stage.

Michael Jackson ONE is already full of magic, music and love, three things that defined its namesake. Prepare to be dazzled when the show officially opens June 29. For ticket information, visit cirquedusoleil.com/mjone or mandalaybay.com.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/experience/las-vegas/vegas-buzz/2013/05/08/sneak-peak-michael-jackson-one-show/2143843/
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Empty Re: Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE'

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I cannot wait until I get the opportunity to see this show!!! Is anyone going to see it this summer?
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Empty MJ One at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Pictures

Post by Admin Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:37 pm

MJ One at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Qclg0a10

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Tumblr_mn2sedMpL01qg0srho1_500

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' IuldJXn

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' X7PdCOi

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' 86VJCgu

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Rsphoto19

MJ SLOTS
Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' QmkyTQk

MJ towels/merch
Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' VXw4U5j

MJ tee
Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' S51Vstj

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' Empty Re: Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE'

Post by corlista Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Admin: These pictures are fabulous! The images in glass (??) of Michael doing Billy Jean are gorgeous. The second pic with the ONE image hanging from the ceiling was the same display they used for Immortal. They were hanging all over the hallways. It was so exciting to see Michael everywhere. I've been waiting for the MJ store ever since I checked out the Elvis & Beatles stores just to see what kinds of things they might do. Images of all things Michael are burning a hole in my pocket.

WATW: I'm going 6/28. My friend & I are also going over on 6/29 to see if they have a Red Carpet event like they had for Immortal. Can't wait!!

Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' 3274815245 Sneak Peek at 'Michael Jackson ONE' 560333705
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 am

@admin: great pix!

@corlista: that's so cool, you'll have to tell us how it went. I bet you're excited!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down