MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness!

5 posters

Go down

May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness! Empty May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness!

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Thu May 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Lupus Awareness Month Activities

May is Lupus Awareness Month!

Lupus Awareness Month is the time of year we invite everyone to take time to educate their families, workplaces and communities about lupus. Education can be as modest as sending an email to your friends and family about lupus and including a link to the LFAI to organizing a Lupus Awareness Day at your office, complete with a lunch and learn and fundraiser. We encourage you to get creative as you raise awareness about this often misunderstood disease.

Please let us know what you're up to - you may inspire others in the lupus community to take action! We have listed some opportunities and ideas and look forward to seeing what you come up with! For more information on any of these ideas, contact the LFAI at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or call (312) 542-0002.

Put On Purple

On the national level, this year, we ask you to “Put On Purple” to help raise awareness about lupus in your workplace, neighborhood and community. The Put On Purple campaign asks that you wear purple on Friday, May 17, 2013 AND invite your family, workplace and community to do the same!

Although Put On Purple culminates in ONE DAY, the preparation can start NOW!

Walk to End Lupus Now™

Create a team of family or at work and participate in one of the spring Walk to End Lupus Now™.

Go Purple for Lupus

Invite individuals to use purple light bulbs or string purple lights around their home or work place. The idea being whenever someone asks about the color change, there would be a teachable moment about lupus. If lights don't work, decorate with anything purple (a purple ribbon, purple balloons, etc) that might invite anyone who sees it to ask about it.

Lupus Awareness at home, in the workplace or in your community!

Invite libraries and schools to have children color a Butterfly or a Wolf in honor of Lupus Awareness Month.

Pass a Lupus Awareness Month Proclamation in your community government!

Include an article about lupus in your company's newsletter (LFAI provides the article)!

Post information about lupus on your website!

Change your Facebook status to "LUPUS AWARENESS!"

Hang a Lupus Awareness poster in your front window or at your workstation!

Wear your purple wristband every day in May!

Share a lupus fact a day or weekly via email- LFAI supplies the facts!

Host a “jeans day” at work benefitting the LFAI and hand out a lupus bookmark to everyone who participates.
Invite someone from the LFAI to speak at your workplace (or church, bookgroup, etc) about lupus and the foundation’s programs and services.

Click here for downloadable flyers and posters!

For more information and materials contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Let us know what you're doing to recognize Lupus Awareness Month! email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or call (312) 542-0002!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness! Empty Re: May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness!

Post by midangerous Thu May 16, 2013 8:02 pm

I'll be wearing purple!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness! Empty Re: May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness!

Post by Admin Fri May 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I am wearing my purple MJ tee! Thanks for posting!

May 17, 2013 is 'Put on Purple' day for Lupus awareness! 1872607463

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I put a purple grill on my teeth (jk) I found a purple hair tie and lobbed it all up in that - thanks for posting WATW!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm

well i know its not a lot but i have my purple stud earrings in my second holes and green earrings in my first holes!
admin u have a purple MJ shirt???!!! awesome!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 pm

I wore my lavender v-neck today along with purple with black polka dots ribbons in my hair from volleyball season.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 am

Well, I wore a light purple shirt with purple flowers on it. I also am wearing tomorrow a purple Cystic Fibrosis bracelet.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down