MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" July 5, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Announces Tour Proceeds Will Go To Charity.

2 posters

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 5, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Announces Tour Proceeds Will Go To Charity. Empty "This Day In HIStory" July 5, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Announces Tour Proceeds Will Go To Charity.

Post by MJ Mod Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm

On this day - 5th July 1984

After receiving a letter from an eleven year old fan, Ladonna Jones, in which she accuses the Jacksons and the promoters of being 'selfish and just out for the money', Michael holds a major press conference from Tavern On The Green to announce changes in the tour's organization and also to announce that the whole of his share of the proceeds from the Victory tour will be donated to charity. Michael's tour profits will be split between three charities:The United Negro College Fund, Camp Good Times, and the T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukaemia and Cancer Research. Furthermore at each gig, 500 places are reserved for invalids and hospital patients, taken on stretchers into the stadiums.

Ladonna Jones, later receives VIP treatment to a concert in Dallas.

Here is the speech that Michael made at the Press Conference:
"We're beginning our tour tomorrow and I wanted to talk to you about something of great concern to me. We've worked a long time to make this show the best it can be. But we know a lot of kids are having trouble getting tickets. The other day I got a letter from a girl in Texas named Ladonna Jones. She'd been saving her money from odd jobs to buy a ticket, but with the current tour system, she'd have to buy four tickets and she couldn't afford that. So, I've asked our promoter to work out a new way of distributing tickets, a way that no longer requires a $120.00 money order. There has also been a lot of talk about the promoter holding money for tickets that didn't sell. I've asked our promoter to end the mail order ticket system as soon as possible so that no one will pay money unless they get a ticket. Finally, and most importantly, there's something else I am going to announce today. I want you to know that when I first agreed to tour, I decided to donate all the money I make from our performances to charity."

Watch a brief video of Michael at the Press Conference here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FYI: Anyone unable to view videos, pictures and links, you are welcome to register and have access to everything on this MJ site. We would love for all to join who visit us. Smile
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 5, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Announces Tour Proceeds Will Go To Charity. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" July 5, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Announces Tour Proceeds Will Go To Charity.

Post by Admin Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 pm

7/5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down