MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONE - Awesome!!

+3
Capricious Anomaly
Admin
corlista
7 posters

Go down

ONE - Awesome!! Empty ONE - Awesome!!

Post by corlista Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Sorry to be so late with sharing ONE with you. It was partly due to an overload at work and partly because I didn’t quite know how to put the whole experience into words.  The weekend was full of great excitement and joy but also touched with sadness.

We arrived Thursday afternoon to 117’ temperatures but hardly noticed as we were so excited to be there.  We checked in to the Luxor and then ran immediately to the MJ store as had been our plan for months.  We were heartsick to find that it was closed that day but we smashed our faces to the glass in great anticipation of what we were going to buy the next day.  We met ljmissmj by accident standing at the store window which was great fun to meet a fellow MJLIMer.  When we couldn’t shop, we took pictures.  The life size images of Billy Jean Michael in glass are absolutely awesome.  I stood for the longest time just staring at them.  The doors leading into the theater are black lacquer with gold braid in replica of Michael’s famous jackets flanked by a huge image of MJ in his BJ pose with pointed finger and tipped fedora on the adjoining wall.  Between the two doors is a fabulous LED screen with changing images of Michael.  His music was playing.  We couldn’t stop watching. We snuck into the empty theater lobby and took pictures of everything we could with the silent permission of a nice security guard.  Michael’s shoes and sparkle socks are encased in the wall outside the theater and also the red bugle beaded jacket he wore to the 1983 AMAs.

The next day we spent time meeting fans and asking if anyone had information about the red carpet scheduled for Saturday night.  Then, back to the store.  We lingered over every bag, tshirt, key chain, fedora, fridge magnet, coffee mug, autographed pictures, etc.  We already had, of course, every CD, DVD and book; however Spike Lee’s new DVD was there but not in Blue Ray.  I’m sure the store will change and evolve as they decide what sells best and what new merchandise should be added.

That night was the show.  We were so excited we got there at 5:30 (show started at 7:00p).  We heard that Estate representatives had given out free tickets to Saturday’s opening to fans at Forest Lawn on Tuesday and that they might be giving out more before the show Friday night so we went early hoping to get lucky.  Several fans did get tickets but we weren’t so fortunate.  (Those people got to attend the private show w/ all the celebs and the Jacksons!)

The whole night was FABULOUS! The lobby is done in red and gold with crystal chandeliers and silhouettes of Michael on the walls. The theater was much more intimate than the Immortal arena.  When we walked in images of Michael’s sparkle socks, fedora and glove were floating quietly on the stage screen in the dark.  2 huge LED screens flanked the stage with changing images of tabloid newspapers with insipid headlines like “Woman Discover Atlantis in her Bathtub”, obviously a spoof on tab rags.

The show exploded on the stage.  The costumes were gorgeous (many with design elements Michael is famous for.)  The dancers were awesome.  The aerialists hung from above the stage, the ceiling, moved over the audience in stunning lighted colors and movements.  It was so full of creativity, beauty and energy that I hardly knew where to focus from one moment to the next.  Huge pictures of Michael flashed with the music (though not as many as I would have liked.)  Every seat has 3 speakers in the headpiece so you are surrounded by his music.  The first roar from the crowd came when the dancers did the SC lean.  Everybody went crazy.  The second came with Billy Jean. The dancers were invisible on the darkened stage so all you could see was the movement of red, blue, green, purple and yellow LED strips running through their outfits shimmering to Michael’s infectious beat. Thriller, another favorite, had zombies coming down the aisles, hanging from the ceiling and aerialists bouncing off multiple trampolines.  There was so much sound, music, dance and aerial work going on that it took your breath away. It was riveting.  The genius of our Michael was on full display in all its brilliance. He would have been so, so proud...

As I try to describe ONE I realize that I'm not doing a very adequate job.  It’s beyond trying to explain in words.  Robin Leach wrote that he thought it was the best show that Cirque had ever done and that’s saying a lot. (He and Alan Duke were at the Red Carpet, BTW.)  I know that some were concerned about the hologram and I was a little anxious, too, but it’s done gracefully and it wasn’t frightening.  Suddenly, during Black & White he appeared – kind of incandescent - among the dancers and then suddenly in a swirl of sparkle dust (e.g., Remember the Time) he’s gone. Then he came back, then he was gone.   It was a little startling at first but then it was like Michael’s essence was with us, his spirit, giving his blessing to all who had worked so hard on this show for him and all of us who love him.  To me it almost felt like a gentle angel reminding us why we love him and why he loved us.  It makes me teary just remembering it….

Saturday night we went to the Red Carpet.  There were various celebs which I’m sure you’ve all read about but about 7:00 there was huge commotion and clapping and Katherine, Prince, Blanket and a few cousins came through a back door.  Unfortunately, there was such a massive crush of people and photographers that we could only catch glimpses of Prince & Katherine through jockeying bodies and heads.  People were crazed to see them!!  Even though we were on the front row we were on the wrong side from where they stood so getting pictures was impossible.  We were told Blanket was with them in his little suit but we didn’t see him and he wasn’t in any of the photographs that I saw in the media the next day.  Perhaps the family was being protective.  

As I thought about the kids, I was struck by what it must be like to know that your father, YOUR FATHER, is the reason for all that excitement and passion and adoration; that your father – who was just daddy until a few years ago - was the greatest superstar the world has ever known. Your daddy was a phenomenon loved by millions.  It must be overwhelming for them at times.

So that was our weekend with Michael.  I’m sorry if this has been too long but I needed to write it and wanted to share it.  We met so many wonderful people from all over the world.   We found out again, Michael’s fans are like no others.  There are no strangers.  If you love him, you are a friend.

I love you, Michael.  And I miss you…..so much.

ONE - Awesome!! 3256681198 
ONE - Awesome!! 3274815245

Last edited by corlista on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

ONE - Awesome!! Empty Re: ONE - Awesome!!

Post by Admin Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

What a fabulous review Corlista!! I am in tears reading this - so well done!! Thanks for sharing this memorable experience with us! ONE - Awesome!! 3480612478

BTW: The info on posting pix in in PM for you Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:24 pm

@Corlista: Thanks so much for this heartfelt and terrific review! Great job and so well written! I too welled up with the misties reading about your experiences while in LV at MJ's "One"

ONE - Awesome!! 175525469
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

ONE - Awesome!! Empty ONE pics

Post by corlista Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks, Capricious & Admin for your comments.  It means a lot.  This was another Michael pilgrimage for me...  Thx, also, for helping me post pics, D!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by corlista on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:35 pm

More ONE pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Janet & me in our MJ tshirts - I'm on left

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] going into show - so excited

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Red Carpet set up

corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 am

Wow great pictures C! You and your buddy J, look adorable in your MJ gear.

That store would have wiped my bank account right out! I was trying to make out the long coat on the display-did that have an iron cross on the back? I have to have if it did! lol

(TY for sharing and for figuring out the image maker)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 am

It was so great to read your story Corlista and the pictures were fantastic. I'd have to agree with admin, my wallet would be running away screaming if I went into that store lol.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:28 am

A: I don't think the coat was for sale but don't know for sure. No cross on the back. We couldn't figure out if it was supposed to represent paps - because paps in long red coats were shooting pics of everyone before the show - or SIM or something else.
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 am

@Corlista: Thank you so much for your story about your experience and the pictures! It is so cool you went and had such a wonderful time!

ONE - Awesome!! 3274815245
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:34 pm

corlista wrote:More ONE pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Janet & me in our MJ tshirts - I'm on left

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] going into show - so excited

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Red Carpet set up

could u tell me where u got ur shirts!!!!! BTW u both look amazing!!!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Thank you, Capricious, for your comments.  The show was amazing!  I can't wait to go again - maybe this fall.  I hope you can go sometime!  It's wonderful to "feel" Michael's presence.

For tee shirt info please PM Smile
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by beagleladywv Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 pm

You made me cry with your description, Corlista, especially the part about the children realizing what their "daddy" meant to the world.  It is such a shame that Michael isn't here to see this.  He would have been laughing with joy, and would be so humbled.  I hope that he "knows" about it in some way.  I'm sure Paris must be devastated that she had to miss this.  That poor child is suffering so without her father.  I pray she can be pulled out this darkness soon.

Can you tell me something about the seating?  You mentioned you were in the front row.  That seems to me as it would be too close to the stage.  I was thinking the row behind the "golden circle" might be a good place.  Can you share your thoughts about which seats might be best?  Is there a balcony?

I'd also like to ask you about your hotel.  You stayed at the Luxor?  What made you choose that one?  I had thought about staying at Mandalay Bay, but I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas, and she says it is at the very end of the strip and it would be better to get something more central, like The Venetian, Caesar's Palace, etc.  Is the Luxor centrally located?

Did you get to see the homes where Michael lived while he was in Vegas?  I know one was on Palomino Drive.  When I go, hopefully in February, I want to see all the places where Michael walked, just like we did in California a few years ago. I need to find out the addresses. Do you know them?

Can you share any tips, etc. about the trip that would be helpful?

You were so lucky to be there on opening night!  I saw the first Immortal show in the U.S. in Detroit, and I've heard this is so much better.  It seems a lot of thought went into the show.

Thank you again, for sharing your "great adventure" of "escapism" as Michael would say!

beagleladywv

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Beaglelady:  Thank you for your kind words.  Now that I've been home a couple weeks I find myself going back to so many memories about that trip and Michael's show.  It is a dream especially for those of us who are devoted to MJ.

As to your questions:

Seating:  We were in Section 204 in row EE.  It is the area up from the floor seating.  Our tix were $165 but I noticed when I checked recently they were a bit more than that now (we bought during pre-sale).  There were more expensive tickets and also cheaper but our seats were great.  In fact, with all the aerial work that came out over the audience and hung from the ceiling I was glad we were back a bit because we had a better view, I think, than those on the floor who would have to turn to see some of it.  (One of the ushers told us that, too.)  When I mentioned that I was in the front row, that was at the Red Carpet.  At the theater, I personally would not want to be that close.  Too much happens behind you.  There is no balcony - just an upper tier where we were.

Hotel:  We stayed at the Luxor for 3 reasons:  1) price (the lower priced rooms at MB were sold out but still more expensive than the L)  2) it adjoins MB so you can walk directly w/o going outside 3) we were only there for the show and didn’t plan on other sightseeing. The room at the Luxor was large and very nice.  The MB & Luxor are at the south end of the strip.  If you have many things you plan to do in LV, I would agree that you should stay more central, ie, Bellagio, Caesars, Venetian and further north Treasure Is, Wynn, etc.  There are so many options depending on your wallet and personal preferences.  LV is a walking town; either that or you take cabs which are everywhere!  There are also trams that connect some hotels.  We were only there for the show so we were fine on the south end.  Last year, my friend & I went for an MJ week of sorts and stayed next to the Bellagio at a time share.

There are several Michael sites in LV.  He did have 3 homes there - that I'm aware of - at different times; one on Palomino which was on the market at the time, one on Monte Cristo and another on Spanish Gate Dr (a gated community - can't get in).  We saw the first 2 and also found the one he was negotiating to buy during the run up to TII.  He has a star in Brennan's Theater at the Palms Hotel and also did a lot of recording at the studio in the Palms in 07/08.  (I snuck my way up to the studio on an earlier visit w/ the help of a nice "employee" who was sympathetic to my search. cheers   It was awesome just to peak in and see where Michael recorded.  Then I went to Westlake in LA....  OMG!!!).  He also stayed at Green Valley and the Mirage.  I'll PM you about details but here's a pic of the Palomino house which has now been sold and the star.

I attended Immortal, also, in Las Vegas when I went to Fanfest.  I loved Immortal but I agree that this show is better, much more high energy and visually explosive.  I have heard though that they are working on several changes for when Immortal returns to the US and I would definitely go again.

I would be happy to answer any other questions that you might have.  You will have a wonderful time.  PM me if you want.

PS - I also felt very sad that Paris couldn't be there for opening night.  Her presence was sorely missed.  She is like Michael's little beacon of light....

ONE - Awesome!! 3897828759
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello Darling dear! I will check out yr story later when I get home, I've been bombarded with work too!! (hugs, Lesilie)

by the way my ankle turned out to be fractured too ugh
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Hey, girl!!  Would be great to connect.  Sorry abt your ankle. :-(  Janet's fall turned out to be a fractured lumbar.  You 2 are a pair!  Wld love to hear how the opening night show was!  ONE - Awesome!! 3480612478
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Shamone Les! We are waiting for your review in your thread!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 pm

LOL
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Ok - I'm coming with the story ...it's gonna be a book though Smile  !  Michael worked his magic that first day- to think two friends from this site could actually meet the way Corlista and I did Shocked - it was Michael all the way - I can imagine him saying "gotcha". Knock it off Michael! I do know one thing for sure Michael's presence was felt by all fans.. getting goose bumps now...lord now I'm getting emotional.
I don't know how I'm gonna make it thru my story without bawling -holding back tears now..a hot mess
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:06 pm

(((hugs)))
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down