MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV.

3 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV. Empty Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Sony/ATV Music Publishing, which is a joint venture between Sony Corp. and the estate of Michael Jackson, will take over worldwide administration of Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog, which has been handled by Warner/Chappell Music Publishing since its inception in 1980.

In addition to Michael Jackson's own songs, Mijac includes the Sly and the Family Stone catalog and songs by Philadelphia soul legends Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff, as well as songs made famous by artists such as Ray Charles, Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin.

Sony-Led Group Closes Purchase of EMI Music Publishing

In a statement, Sony/ATV chairman and CEO Martin Bandier, said "Everyone at Sony/ATV looks forward to finding innovative ways to use these songs while protecting their legacy."

The agreement comes in advance of the September 18 release of "Bad25," a new two-disc-package and DVD that marks the 25th anniversary of Michael's landmark "Bad" album. The Warner/Chappell agreement was fulfilled with the release of the "Michael" album in December 2010, sources say.

"We are excited that the company Michael helped found, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, and in which his Estate remains a 50% partner, will represent these amazing songs along with a rich collection of other music recorded by some of our greatest popular artists," John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, said in a statement.

In addition to Sly and The Family Stone and Jackson's own songs, the Mijac catalog includes "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now," "After Midnight," "Ease on Down the Road," "Great Balls of Fire," "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher," "I Got A Woman," "If You Don't Know Me By Now," "Love Train," "Mr. Bojangles," "People Get Ready," "Runaround Sue," "Shake, Rattle and Roll," "Sixteen Candles," "The Wanderer", "What'd I Say," "When a Man Loves a Woman" and "You Don't Know Me."

Source link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV. Empty Re: Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV.

Post by Capricious Anomaly Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 pm

This is interesting! Mijac Catalog has moved from Warner Chappel into Michaels 50 % owned Sony/ATVCatalog. making it even more valuable. This doesnt mean Sony/ATV owns the Mijac Catalog - They are just administrating the publishing rights. The MJ Estate still owns Mijac Catalog 100%

Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV. 175525469
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV. Empty Re: Michael Jackson's Mijac Music Catalog Moves to Sony/ATV.

Post by Admin Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks for posting this MJ Mod - I keep on eye on the MJ Estate activities-they have done a stellar job managing for Michael's Legacy to stay very lucrative - worth 1 billion dollars now-wow that is amazing work - I hope the Jackson's appreciate how hard they work to protect these assets and grow the businesses! The children will not have access to their inheritance until they are 30 years of age-by then they should have proper financial managers in place and also the acumen to oversee it themselves-hopefully!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down