MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk

4 posters

Go down

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk Empty Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk

Post by Admin Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk
By Seth Rosenthal

Oct 19 2013,

MICHAEL JACKSON IS ALIVE AND HE'S 53 YARDS TALL.

Perhaps you read that headline and figured you'd see each of the members of the Ohio State marching band doing the moonwalk. In fact, you will see all members of the Ohio State marching band combining to form ONE GIANT SUPERORGANISM MOONWALK during a performance of Michael Jackson songs:

Ohio State's marching band playing Michael and making him moonwalk!

They may actually each be doing moonwalks of their own. Hard to tell from a distance. Either way, for all the impressive subtleties of the performance (the knee-bends in particular), it's a bit too slow to achieve the desired effect. Let us correct that for you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk Empty Re: Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk

Post by ljmissmj Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am

literally bawling my freaking eyes out right now...
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk Empty Re: Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk

Post by midangerous Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Wow!!! That is so cool! How did they get that band to do that?
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:23 pm

aww Les Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 pm

HOLY CRAP! thats so cool!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Ohio State's marching band does one huge moonwalk Empty Michael Jackson’s mother thanks Ohio State Band!

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Michael Jackson’s mother thanks Ohio State band!
by Elizabeth Tzagournis

October 30, 2013

After Michael Jackson’s mother called the director and two consecutive halftime shows went viral, it seems the Ohio State Marching Band might be starting a streak to rival that of the undefeated football team.

A BuckeyeTV video of a Michael Jackson tribute halftime show during the OSU football game against Iowa Oct. 19 had more than 7.8 million views as of Wednesday evening, and a YouTube video of the “Hollywood Blockbusters” halftime show during a game against Penn State Saturday had more then 8.7 million.

With all the attention it’s getting, the band, often referred to as “The Best Damn Band in the Land,” appeared on NBC’s “TODAY Show” Wednesday and has been fielding calls from media around the world, OSU Marching Band director Jon Waters said.

Katherine Jackson, the late Michael Jackson’s mother, contacted Waters Oct. 24 to thank the band for its tribute to her son, Waters said.

“She was very gracious (and) wanted me to thank the band members and said that on several occasions,” he said. “She was very impressed by the performance of the band and extended the congratulations and thanks of the whole family for our performance.”

Waters said the attention benefits the entire university.

“This has given us global outreach and that is a wonderful opportunity for us and our university and for our great students,” Waters said. “(If) that inspires some fifth grade or some fourth (grade) kid to say to his or her mom, ‘Hey, I’d like to play in the band someday,’ then we’ve done our job. We’ve inspired the next generation of musicians and I think that’s a great thing.”

Brothers Athan and Kosta Nicolozakes both play baritone for the band.

Kosta Nicolozakes, a third-year in biomedical engineering, agreed with Waters about the importance of inspiring the next generation.

“If this show convinces an extra fan to stay and watch their show at halftime, or even an extra child to pick up an instrument in elementary school, it’s worth it,” Kosta Nicolozakes said.

Athan Nicolozakes, a first-year in biomedical engineering, said he appreciates getting recognition from his classmates.

“I have (received) countless compliments from my peers who have seen the (‘Hollywood Blockbusters’) show,” he said. “It is amazing to see the band get this much recognition … (it’s) truly an honor to be a part of this organization.”

But Waters said the recognition will not change the band’s focus.

“This has been an opportunity for us to create new traditions through being innovative today,” Waters said. “What we say to our students is, ‘Today’s innovations become tomorrow’s traditions,’ and I think we’re able to do that with our halftime shows.”

He added that the Marching Band members deserve the attention.

“I’m very proud of the fact that they’re getting recognition for the hard work that they put into what we do,” Waters said. “We have really dedicated students.”

Kosta Nicolozakes, though, said much of the reason for the recognition lies with the directors.

“So much of this success is a result of Jon (Waters), (associate director) Chris Hoch and our wonderful staff. Shows like this are a product of their genius combination of innovation and tradition, and the future of the band is bright simply because of the year long work they all put in,” he said.

First-year in nursing Ryan Salem was one student who was impressed with the band performance at the Penn State game.

“It was honestly the greatest band performance I’ve ever seen,” Salem said. “It was the loudest part of any game I’ve been to this year.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down