MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview Valerie Wass, Conrad Murray’s Attorney w/BBC News

Go down

Interview Valerie Wass, Conrad Murray’s Attorney w/BBC News Empty Interview Valerie Wass, Conrad Murray’s Attorney w/BBC News

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Interview Valerie Wass, Conrad Murray’s Attorney

October 28, 2013

Valerie Wass: There are several grounds, one is insufficient evidence, there’s some evidentiary issues. The trial court did not allow evidence of Michael Jackson’s finances to come in or the contract with AEG. There’s some ineffective assistance of trial counsel grounds, there’s multiple grounds, I believe there were nine raised in his opening brief.

Q. Just in his release from jail, there were hecklers outside the jail I understand as he came out, although I think he managed to avoid them. Does Conrad Murray fear for his safety at this point from angry Michael Jackson fans?

VW: I don’t think so, there’s a small group of these Jackson fanatics, they are annoying but insignificant, he’s not concerned about them. Dr. Murray has had a lot of support from around the world during his incarceration. This is just a small handful of people and I don’t know if their point has any significance in his appeal. The appeal is based on the evidence of his criminal trial. That’s it.

Q. Does he believe he has a strong chance of winning after one of the most high profile cases that America and indeed the world has seen?

VW: He does, he’s very optimistic and if he doesn’t see a favorable result from this appeal he’s prepared to take it to the next step which is the California Supreme Court and then on to Federal court if necessary. This is just his first step in fighting for justice.

Q: And if that appeal, I appreciate you still have a way to go with that, but if that appeal was to fail what other plans does he have for his future?

VW: He wants to practice medicine again, that’s his ultimate goal, so he’s pursuing that avenue right now by trying to get his medical licenses back.

Source: BBC News Entertainment

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down