MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary

5 posters

Go down

Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary Empty Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary

By: Nancy Dillon
January 2, 2014

Michael Jackson’s mom has issued full refunds to scores of fans who helped raise money online for her proposed two-hour documentary “Remembering Michael,” a rep for the film told the Daily News.

The rep provided exclusive documents showing more than 60 completed credit card refunds and said Katherine Jackson pulled the plug on her Fundanything.com website Dec. 20 because “she felt this financing route sent the wrong message to fans.”

A redacted PayPal statement provided to The News on Thursday showed refunds worth more than $2,000 had already processed.

A lead producer said the documentary remains in the works, and he and Katherine are relying on alternative financing secured overseas.

“Mrs. Jackson’s motive for this project is to present a side of Michael Jackson no one has ever seen. She put a stop to the crowdsourcing financing plan the moment she saw Michael’s fans felt it was misguided,” producer Kirk Schenck told The News.

“She has plenty of other options from international distributors and U.S. television networks,” Schenck said.

Katherine’s crowd-funding effort started with a bang Dec. 16 with an announcement on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and video showing rare sit-down interviews with all three of the King of Pop’s kids.

Video of youngest son Blanket, 11, garnered the most attention since the tyke has been shielded from the spotlight since his dad’s 2009 overdose death.

“I’m just trying to help, like Africa, because that’s a very poor continent,” Blanket said in one of the clips.

“There’s a lot of animals being killed from, like, poachers and stuff, so I want to help, like, endangered species of animals,” he said.

With a personal plea from Katherine and stated goal of $3.2 million, the online fundraising effort racked up the majority of its 70-plus donations in its first two days of operation, documentation provided to The News states.

The last donation came in Dec. 20, the day producers shut it down.

A trailer posted on Fundanything.com included video of 15-year-old Paris with the long hair she had prior to her suicide attempt over the summer.

“He promised me he would teach me how to moonwalk. Never got around to it,” Paris said. “I will definitely never forget him, ever. He was amazing.”

She and her siblings talked about growing up at Neverland Ranch in the years before Michael’s criminal trial and his ill-fated attempt at a comeback with his “This Is It” concert series.

“We didn’t know a lot of kids, like, our age. We were more secluded. We never really left the ranch that often,” Paris said.

“We had kind of like a zoo basically," recalled Blanket. "Giraffes, lions. You probably heard of it, but yeah, a chimp named Bubbles."

“It took me till I was like 6 years old to learn that his name was Michael Jackson, because he was always daddy to me,” Prince, 16, told the camera. “He wanted us to always be, like, what we wanted to be, just be greater at it than anybody else has ever been.”

The video excerpts included intimate family photos but none of Michael’s blockbuster music.

Michael’s estate owns the late singer’s intellectual property and trademarks and must authorize any use for commercial gain.

A pre-Christmas statement on behalf of the estate’s executors said the estate had no involvement in the “Remembering Michael” movie.

“The estate would never ask Michael’s fans to contribute their money to finance any speculative project,” the statement obtained by The News said.

It warned the merchandise originally offered on the fundraising website lacked licensing, and that the estate had no control over quality, as it did with the “This Is It” film and its two Cirque du Soleil shows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary Empty Re: Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 pm

I had no doubt she would refund the money. There are the usual haters out there though lipping off that she wasn't going to. smh
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary Empty Re: Katherine Jackson issuing refunds for 'Remembering Michael' documentary

Post by Admin Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:34 pm

TY for posting WATW. I agree Capricious!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:51 am

100% agreed. I really cannot tolerate the Jackson family bashers much longer.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:58 am

Me either WATW well said Capricious BTW
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:21 pm

There are other options to support the financing]

Yes I agree there has been a lot of family bashing. I just wish Katherine could have prevented it from the start. Just one thing I don't get is why Katherine didn't go for one of those other financing options from the beginning?  scratch 

Anyway, at least she's now doing the good deed by refunding the cash.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down