MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson

5 posters

Go down

American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson Empty American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm

American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson
by WENN

16 January 2014

American Idol creator Simon Fuller turned down the chance to manage Michael Jackson during his ill-fated comeback after advising the pop icon not to tour.

Fuller, who guided acts like the Spice Girls to fame, was offered the chance to take charge of the singer as he prepared to return to the stage with a residency at London's O2 Arena in 2009.

The King of Pop died just weeks before the tour was due to kick off.

Fuller admits he now regrets turning down the job, and reveals he actually advised Jackson not to commit to a gruelling tour.

Speaking during a BBC Radio 2 documentary, titled The Fuller Picture: The Simon Fuller Story, he says, "There was a minute there where I was going to become his manager. I had lots of ideas, and I think about it actually every now and again about what I was going to do with him and they were very different to anything he'd done previously and it wasn't about touring for sure...

"I actually advised him not to do touring because I felt that he'd already been seen touring and I felt there was more to offer in a different way.

"It was quite a complicated situation and complication isn't something I crave in life, but the people around him would have made it challenging. If it had been just down to me working with Michael, I think we'd have done something extraordinary, but I thought better to just let it go; it was a shame."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson Empty Re: American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 pm

This is pretty sad here. One of those if only scenarios.
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson Empty Re: American Idol - Simon Fuller Turned Down The Chance To Manage Michael Jackson

Post by midangerous Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Crying or Very sad 
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Aww that sucks. Sad
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:41 am

No wonder he feels dreadful. Silly man. I often think as well "why" did the SG's sack SF  confused He's supposedly a better manager than Simon Cowell. He's a lot wealthier  Cool 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Hey Purely, what does: "SG's sack SF" mean?
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

(S)pice (G)irls. They sacked (S)imon (F)uller  Wink Our british term for saked means 'Fired' in your term  Cool 

So they (the Spice Girls) thought they were clever dicks. Clever enough to carry on without him. Little did they know....it finished their career LOL. Serves them right.

Fuller. Where was his taste?  Mad  He should have been determined and stood by Michael.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by VC Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

Sorry, I'm not buying this story. There's a world of difference between managing a fluff act like the Spice Girls and the King of Pop. There's never been any previous indication that Michael had any interest in working with Simon Fuller, or that he even met him. Seems like yet again an instance of someone looking for reflected glory by exploiting Michael Jackson's name.

VC

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am

You know what, VC, I thought the same thing. I didn't really want to mention it lol. It has made me wonder though as these things have happened too many times where it involves our Michael. All they have to do is mention his name. I see exactly what you mean.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down