MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best!

3 posters

Go down

Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best! Empty Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best!

Post by Admin Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star
By  Jim Farber

January 23, 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Finding the right halftime star isn’t as easy as it looks. You need a star with mass appeal, someone who has something for everyone.

It’s a role Bruno Mars was born to play. He’s a classic people-pleaser, a willing throwback to the kind of all-around entertainer the world hasn’t seen in so gleaming and eager a package since prime Michael Jackson.

Like Jackson, Mars has talents that span many disciplines. He can sing. He can dance. He can play multiple instruments. He’s even funny. When he both hosted and served as musical guest on “Saturday Night Live” last year, he killed the comedy skits. He also proved himself a great mimic, mirroring the vocal styles of a host of other pop stars.

Vocally, Mars’ timbre has a lot in common with — you guessed it — a young Michael Jackson. As with M.J., Mars’ songs can seem both vintage and modern, mainstream and edgy. At the same time, Bruno’s vocals balance sweetness with sting, while his look, and character, straddles the earthy and the exotic.

Mars also broadens the ethnicity of the halftime stars. Born Peter Hernandez in Hawaii, he has a Filipino mother and Puerto Rican father born in Brooklyn.

Halftime shows always feature medleys, the better to touch on as many hits as possible in a tight 15-minute display. Even with just two albums out, Mars has a wealth of likable smashes to draw from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best! Empty Re: Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best!

Post by MjjPureSoul Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:59 pm

It makes a change to have someone else with talent to perform at this event, although no one could come up to Michael's standards, I'm sure Bruno will give a great show. Good for him I say.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best! Empty Re: Super Bowl XLVIII: Bruno Mars’ Rise To Halftime Star - MJ known as THE best!

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Just heard that U2 is now performing at the half time show-not sure about this-BUT there is info that there will be a free online DL for their new song which will be announced sometime during the game. FoxNews had the story. They said you have to listen at all the breaks for the announcement. I think that is what they meant rather than that they are performing.

I used to like U2 back in the day-not so much these days tbh. They went too political and IMO a bit too much "look at me" and all that nonsense. They do a lot of good for charity though so I am not bashing-just they aren't for me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:51 pm

I don't like them Admin, they've never been my cup of tea. Big headed...YES. That's the Irish (paddy) in them. There was only "1" song I liked that they recorded in 95 I think it reached number one in our UK charts but I can't remember the name. But no, not a group that I've ever taken any interest in.

I hope they are animal charities they do a lot for.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Never really listened to U2 I guess they just aren't for me. I am pretty excited for Bruno on to be playing I'm not his biggest fan but IMHO I am happy to see a good artist play the Super Bowl, evn tho last year's was pretty good. But nobody can top Mikey!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down