MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order

+2
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
Ploppy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 Empty Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order

Post by Ploppy Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey there fanmily - couldn't sleep last night so went window shopping online at Amazon.  Here are the titles I'm thinking of ordering.  If any of you have read them or heard bad stuff about any of them please let me know.
Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days by Bill Whitfield; Javon Beard; Tanner Colby - it's a pre-order - not released yet

Defending a King: His Life and Legacy by Dr. Karen Moriarty

Michael Jackson the Maestro by Chris Cadman

Earth song:  Inside Michael Jackson's Magnum Opus by Joseph Vogel

Featuring Michael Jackson: Collected Writings on the King of Pop by Joseph Vogel

Michael Jackson: Visual Documentary Update by Adrian Grant

Michael Jackson: Life of a Legend 1958 - 2009 by Michael Heatley

Thanks for any of your in put.  Next I'll send what I've purchased and read and thoughts about them.

Admin edit: Due to the personal convo's happening in this thread it is being moved to Off Topic Forum. We love this personal quest for MJ books and encourage asking for suggestions for what is acceptable MJ material. There is much that is not. Just a word to the wise. Wink

Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:27 pm

Ladies, I can't find that section where Greg talks about Michael's normal speaking voice, so I've put on the whole one and a half hours. When you get time to watch it all do enjoy. I used to have this on video tape when it was first shown on MTV. I recorded it. But as it's now on HD it's tons clearer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Wow thanx PureSoul, I'll watch it later!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah that's his natural voice  Smile You've got me on a roll now lol, I'm off searching for some more voice footage.

Have you heard his voice on 2000 Watts single?  That gets me absolutely melting!

You're very welcome x  Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 936075699 Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 3967602901 

Last edited by MjjPureSoul on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Yes PureSoul I was just telling IJCSLuMJ about 2000 watts where silly me was waiting to see if I could hear when he switched to it and here he's doing the whole song in Baritone. Yes, it melts me too. I can't believe how every time we chat we find more and more stuff that makes Michael even more magical and soooooo talented Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 21926744 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Okay before I let you go...you've probably read that I've tried setting up my own fan forum and finally achieved it but went to try to load a picture in...couldn't figure out how to and now I've lost my forum. I just looked up its name and I'm going to see if that brings it up but for your info it is called Ploppy's Michael Jackson Favorites - Pictures and Stories of Michael Jackson. The address is dylan.canadian-forum.com. Hopefully that is where I find it. there is nothing on but a hello and I'm going to post a favorite picture but obviously I don't. I sent an MP to Admin for help. I'm sure I'm her worst nightmare!!
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:28 pm

lol! yes when I'd first heard 2000 Watts I thought the same, but like you say, it's Michael all the way through. Super sexy voice he should have used it all the time!  Laughing 

Here's another clip. This time from the Sweden gig (History tour) In The Closet. Have a listen to his voice here when he talks. My goodness....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think we are going to need a cool shower after this lol.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:15 pm

OMG I'm on the way to the shower how do you know what to scout out. The stuff you send to watch are unbelievable. The man was so gifted but seeing these certain couple of things makes him even more gifted if that is possible!!

What time is it in Roundhay Leeds? Because of my disability I get a "cleaning lady who does my laundry every 2 weeks". She is British and I asked if she knew where Roundhay Leeds is and she did. I'll reconfirm the story but I think she lived just down from you. I think it's hilarious when people say they are from say Canada and then they're asked Oh do you know my uncle he lives in say Alberta. Or even asking if you no someone right from the same city!! We are a funny bunch.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Me again, I'm wondering if I can make a file and post these songs that you are sending so I don't have to search for them on You Tube,hmmmm.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 pm

OK I see that I have to Bookmark each of them. Have to see if I can make a folder in Bookmarks otherwise it is growing quite large.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:14 pm

OMG! sorry ploppy, I have been away from the puter for a few days with being busy looking after doggies and other duties etc. So sorry I missed your posts. Thanks for liking the youtube clips and your nice compliments, much appreciated.

I'm stunned that you know someone who may be from my area  Surprised That is quite increadible isn't it. Shows what a small world we do live in. If she did live near this area she will certainly know Roundhay Park where Michael played his two concerts on both his BAD and Dangerous tours. Ask her if she went to them  Smile Does she still have the British accent?   It is very funny though. e.g Because I live in England I have had friends in the States who used to be penfriends. When I first started writing to them they asked me if I knew the Queen LOL. Very true, they did  Laughing However, I don't know her. I have seen her a few times though when she's visited different towns and cities. She's real tiny too.

Yes Ploppy I can only suggest that you put the YT clips into your own personal file/bookmark/favourites (whatever it is you have on your pc) I have a favourites file, I put all my MJ music clips in there.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm so happy to hear from you. I was a little worried that I had ticked someone off. I see Jane on Tuesday so I will get the whole lowdown on what she knows about Roundhay Leeds. I know that she has not seen MJ in person though as she is just crazy over all the stuff I've collected so far. In my "will" I've left her all of my Michael Jackson DVD stuff including the BAD 25th anniversary "suitcase". And since I'm not planning on going too soon I got her just the DVD of the Wembley 1988 concert. She blasts it while she does her own housework and now has her husband liking MJ's music. I've go to log in to MJ's LOVE is Magical and see what news is posted if any. I posted in General chatting like we do that I saw the first "promotional" clip about Xscape being released May 13th. It was in the magazine called HELLO Canada. Same as your only Canadian actor/celebrities etc. It was awesome so I cut it out and the HELLO cover page showing the date and I'll put it on my MJ bulletin board when I get it up in my bedroom. Then I was at the doctor's office and read in People magazine that Debbie Rowe is engaged to Marc Schaffel one of MJ's past producers. Then a neighbour said that she heard that Debbie was going to start a custody suit against Katherine to get full custody of the 3 kids. She claims that TJ is on the road too much to fully help Katherine and that...this will make you chuckle...Prince has the worst potty mouth Debbie has heard and she is afraid that Blanket is getting left out of a lot of stuff and the other cousins are just hanging around for the money. She stated that she doesn't want a cent from the estate just the kids. Don't know where my neighbour heard this "gossip". Just a couple of hours ago a friend had picked up some groceries for me and she said that last night she saw a video (short film) on Much Music of Michael and Akron. I'll have to check that out. It's exciting seeing so much coming out about him...it probably is to promote the new CD. Although I had read in one of the many MJ books that I have bought that he was doing some work with Akron and some others who were on the edge as Michael always to stay ahead and in touch.

How are your babies doing PureSoul? It must be sad when they go home or get adopted but it is awesome of you to give them a happy loving home until those times come.

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 242871577  17 sleeps as of Saturday, April 26th we're soon going to have to have drum rolls!!

Luv you so much
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Oh the song with Akon is Hold My Hand, its on the Michael album! Its a beautiful song.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:13 pm

Well I must get busy and get listening to that. I'm so happy that they are playing on the music video station in Canada.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello ladies  Smile Good to see you again IJCSLuMJ.

Ploppy, don't ever think you've upset us, you are too kind a person and we all have a great deal in common with each other here  Smile If there are big gaps in visits here it'll be b'cause we are just busy and in demand at home etc. We love to see you here as well with your delightful contributions that are always full of brilliant chat/information and laughs. Thanks for being part of this site x  Wink 

Yes it'll be interesting to see what your cleaning lady has to say about Roundhay. I can't wait now lol  cheers  You are lucky that you're able to get these magazines. We don't have this info on Michael in our version of HELLO mag at all. You'll be able to fill us in Ploppy. I can believe how Debs described young Blanket LOL, the last pics I saw of him were on this forum and he looked a real sir! Can imagine he'll have a lot of balls when he gets to his mid teens. Do you think Debs has applied for full custody or do you think it could be just the usual media rubbish again??  scratch I never know what to believe any more. What do you think, IJCSLuMJ?

Ploppy, thanks for asking about the little 4 legged furry treasures  Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 3480612478 Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 3480612478 You're right, it is very hard having to let them go but at the same time I feel good knowing they are going back home to their owners into a safer environment away from their evil abusers. Doing this fostering is such a rewarding thing, keeping them safe and well. They are so precious and a huge part in our lives. We ask to be kept informed and updated too on how they are doing once they are back with their owners.  flower Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 1492882007 Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 3967602901 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:48 pm

That's interesting that the Canadian version of HELLO is different from the British one because it is my belief that it originally started in Britain. I am going to try to scan it into my pc so I at least have a copy of it and when I finally learn how to download pics into our forums I can show the notice to everyone. I wonder if you go online and see if you can see the article. I'll try it and then let you know. Wow I have to thank you for those You Tube articles about MJ's Baritone voice when we were discussing that as I have found a concert that he did with The Jackson in Toronto about 1.5 hours away from me and I found the Oprah interview which I've saved to my Bookmarks. And I was watching something called Michael Jackson's Dangerous Diary 1992 and Greg Phillanges talks quite a bit in it and it comes down to about 4 minutes before showtime and he's still chatting up the lady interviewer - just too funny. I found a lot of things to save and gradually watch.
Don't know what to think about the Deb thing...she supposedly doesn't want any money from the estate but just full custody of the 3 children.

You never told me what time it is at your place. Right now it is 4:40 pm on Saturday, April 26th.

Oh when IJCSLuMJ questioned me about Michael's middle name being Joe not Joseph I had thought it was in Moonwalker but when I quickly went through Jermaine's book it was on page 43 and listed the funnies names that the other boys got. I also remember seeing a picture of a copy of his birth certificate but again can't remember the book right now. And the funniest thing I've either read or heard is that the original 4 Jackson 5 would always complain to Katherine "mother, Michael has white socks on again"...too funny...even as a kid he liked his white socks because they would be seen more than black or brown!!

Talk to you soon

Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 242871577  17 sleeps as of Saturday, April 26th

Can you believe how fast we've gone from the 40s when we started this. I'll be a basket case when I start counting down the last 10 sleeps. I wish there was a way to install a drum roll sound for those. Remember you and IJCSLuMJ must tell me the excitement of going to the actual store to get your copy and I'll tell you how exciting it was for me to wait for the delivery man to come...I sure hope he comes in the morning and that I don't have to wait all day Rolling Eyes 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm not too sure what to believe guys, I guess its hard to believer anything nowadays because of all the falsehoods. But whatever the decision ia I hope the children are well and provided for.

I love reading that part in Moonwalk, I love everything about that book!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Anything about Michael is so darn awesome. I too just hope the children are being looked after properly. It's a little sad that after 5 years the custody battles start to appear their ugly heads. Although I don't think I would like to take on Katherine Jackson...she seems like a big mother tiger watching her cubs.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morphine Sun May 04, 2014 8:11 am

I have read Moriarty's book. She was the lady that was originally co-writing with MJ's bodyguards, but then decided to get it finished all by herself. She got a lot of information from the bodyguards and Thomas Mesereau as well. It's very positive and supportive of Michael. The author reflects her own views and it reads like an essay in some ways, but while reading, you can't help but feel sorry for MJ and the unique circumstances that he faced.

His two bodyguards have now finished their own book, too and it'll be released in June.

J.Morphine

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 04, 2014 9:25 am

Hello All: In regard to Karen Moriarty. We have posted info about this copy paste self aggrandizing "author" and do not suggest buying this book period! This person used to mass spam MJ sites and was prevented from doing so on most. She was removed as a member as well from most sites.

We DON'T advocate Moriarty's book on this website.

Welcome to MJLIM J. Morphine. We hope you enjoy your time you spend here with us!  Smile 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sun May 04, 2014 10:17 am

WELCOME TO OUR FORUM JOANNA!!! Michael Jackson Books I personally want to order - Page 2 2314032827 I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE!
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks for the heads up Admin. We all love Michael so much and can easily get dragged in to books whose authors name drop or push the right buttons to get our attention. Unfortunately then they go on to destroy Michael again as so many have tried to do all of his life. What a gift we had in having him if only for 50 short years.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun May 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Hey Admin!! Thanks for the info, I guess its a good thing I've never heard of or seen that book. Thanks so much for the heads up Smile
welcome to MJLIM J.Morphine Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morphine Sun May 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Admin wrote:Hello All: In regard to Karen Moriarty. We have posted info about this copy paste self aggrandizing "author" and do not suggest buying this book period! This person used to mass spam MJ sites and was prevented from doing so on most. She was removed as a member as well from most sites.

We DON'T advocate Moriarty's book on this website.

Welcome to MJLIM J. Morphine. We hope you enjoy your time you spend here with us!  Smile 

Hi! I've never been a big supporter of Dr. Moriarty personally, but at the same time, I wasn't aware of her "history" with MJ fans. So, I apologize.

J.Morphine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2