MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls

3 posters

Go down

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls  Empty Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls

Post by Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls
By Tom Von Malder - Oct 02, 2012

(Hip-O Select/Motown, 2 CDs, 102 min.)

This is a very exciting new release featuring one of the best brother acts of all time: Michael, Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson. The youngsters signed with Berry Gordy in 1968, and proceeded to release 10 albums while becoming the sensation of the nation. The year 2009 brought us 12 unreleased tracks in “I Want You Back,” and now there are about three more albums worth of songs in this sparkling collection. Much of this material was produced by Deke Richards, both solo and as part of The Corporation with Freddie Perron, Fonce Mizell and Gordy. The Corporation is credited on nine of the 32 tracks and Richards on four. Another 12 are produced by Hal Davis.

The set opens with the bright, should-have-been-a-hit “(We’re the) Music Makers” and “If the Shoe Don’t Fit.” Many are covers, including the nice version of William Bell/Booker T. Jones’ “I Got a Sure Thing” and a funky cover of Randy Newman’s “Mama Told Me Not to Come,” a hit for Three Dog Night (although it is a bit strange hearing the boys sing about smoking and womanizing; the speeded-up Mamma‘s voice is fun, though). This new funk direction also is reflected in “Iddinit” (another winner) and “Keep Off the Grass.” Many of the songs were covered by other Motown artists: The Temptations did “Since I Lost My Baby”; The Supremes did “Keep an Eye” (a fine Ashford & Simpson song), “I’m Your Sunny One (He’s My Sunny Boy)” and “You Can’t Hurry Love”; and Jackie DeShannon did “Movin’.” Another unreleased cover is Dave Mason of Traffic’s “Feelin’ Alright,” which the Jackson 5 actually performed often in concert. There is an interesting arrangement of the Goffin-King staple “Up on the Roof,” the Willie Hutch-produced “Going My Way” with strings, and Jermaine singing lead on “Our Love.” Another example of the funk direction is Perren’s “Would Ya Would Ya Baby.” The ballad”Love Trip” presages the direction Michael’s solo career would take, while horns spice up “Jumbo Sam.” There are three bonus tracks and a 7-inch vinyl single of “If the Shoe Don’t Fit/Feelin’ Alright,” as well as a sticker. It all comes in a 7-inch hardcover box. Grade: B+

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I meant to post this when the news broke - overlooked but never forgotten - so here it is now! Anybody have this yet?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls  Empty Re: Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Three more albums worth of songs!! Can't wait Smile

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls  3260566286
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls  Empty Re: Jackson 5: Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls

Post by May Michael Jackson Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Seems great! Wink
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down