MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush

4 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush Empty Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 am

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush
Added: 5th October 2012
Author: Kellie Griffiths

Thursday night on “The Street” at Stratford’s Westfield shopping centre became alive with a celebration dedicated to the life of the late Michael Jackson. As part of a UK exclusive, the Getty Images Gallery exhibited some of the most iconic costumes worn by Michael himself, designed by Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush.

Walking up towards the event, you became instantly drawn in by the distant sounds of Man in the Mirror and Thriller. An executive VIP area allowed guests to interact outside the store before entering the much anticipated store showcase. Champagne and Mexican canapés were served, giving a chilly October night much needed warmth.

With a Michael Jackson impersonator giving an added commemoration to one of the greatest men of all time, the doorway to the shop was illustrated with life-size black and white photos of MJ and the Jackson 5. The store itself presented items worn by Michael himself, as well as never before seen garments that he had worn whilst touring in different continents.

With Jackson playing such an intimate role within the design of his costumes, his role within the change of fashion was key. With the duo of designers working with Michael for 25 years, they shared a very personal relationship with him and the exhibition demonstrated the journey they went on throughout Michael’s career.

Guests were left feeling simply amazed at the work that went into each of the pieces. From the infamous hand-sewn embellished Swarovski Crystal glove to a Thriller jacket worn in 1987 for the Bad Tour in Japan that included reflective LED panelling to be seen in large stadium venues, the craftsmanship in the work was overwhelming. Intricate detailing demonstrated elements of fashion, but also highlighted Jackson’s cultural style too.

Outside the venue, Navi, the world’s number one Michael Jackson dance impersonator entertained not only guests but the public too. With much delight to visitors of the centre, a highly energised and somewhat perfected performance of MJ classics continued the celebration of his life.

The night gave memory to a true style icon and unique insight into the King of Pop’s world. If you are a die-hard MJ fan, then this a must-see event for you.

The exhibition can be visited until 4th November 2012.

Source link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush Empty Re: Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush

Post by Admin Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:21 am

This is happening now in London-one of our members is attending tomorrow (Can'tStopLovinMJ) - we should hear all about it from her when she returns! Have fun CSLMJ!! Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush Empty Re: Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:14 pm

@CSLMJ

Did you go to this? If so tell us about it! Hope you had a great time Smile
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovinMJ Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh hi!!
Yeees I did go there and it was just amazing to see all the clothes..! although they had changed the clothes since a friend of mine were there. When he was there they had the HIStory-promo jacket, the dangeroustour golden suit and some other things, but now they were changed.
Anyways it didnt matter because there were the Thrillerjacket from Badtour, Beat it jacket, the red shirt from This is it with a lion on it - the one Michael wears in many of the clips in the film, the HIStorytour-jacket, the black costume from the Pepsi commercial......and also they had on display one pillow on which Michael had written a message to his fans.... <3 they also had an umbrella withe his signature on it, and of course signed loafers, the glove, hats....
The gallery had huge walls covered with one big MJ-picture on each, and the live-cd from wembley were playing when I was there....
It was not only a joyful feeling to visit and see the clothes, it was quite hard too...Sad when I stood like 50cm fro his hat, or glove....with just a wall of glas between I got a big lump in my throat. I struggled with holding my tears back Sad To know that he could´ve been here, and that the clothes never should´ve needed to come here....that was hard..

But all in all I´m very happy that I went, even though the clothes never were supposed to end up in an exhibition... Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 3039099791
CantStopLovinMJ
CantStopLovinMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 pm

@CSLMJ

So glad you got to go to the exhibition! But what do you mean by 'even though the clothes never were supposed to end up in an exhibition' just curious is all. I'm happy that you're happy you went Smile

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 246948820
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 pm

@CantStop: I bet seeing the MJ costumes were emotional! I know I feel very sad when I get out some of my MJ collectables-especially things from shows and such. I think it is so special that some of MJ's things are exhibited for many reasons but particularly for the many who never saw him in person and would never have the opportunity to experience his actual presence. Good to hear you had a nice time! Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 4068112048

Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 1978086825
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovinMJ Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm

@WeAreTheWorld I only meant that they were not supposed to be there because Michael was never supposed to leave us... Sad that´s why it was so many mixed feelings...because we were supposed to see the clothes on Michael..you know Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 3480612478

@CapriciousAnomaly Yeeah, that exhibition was the closest I´ve been to Michael in my life...next will be Immortal on friday and saturday... Michael Jackson’s wardrobe VIP exclusive: The Collection of Tompkins and Bush 3480612478
CantStopLovinMJ
CantStopLovinMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down