MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread.

Go down

The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread. Empty The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread.

Post by MJ Mod Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This thread will be for the purpose of putting all of the different concert and TV performances, appearances, and any info on 'Invincible' era music into one organized thread. Feel free to share all of your 'Invincible' performance, music, and appearance stories/articles here- all are welcome! Smile
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread. Empty Re: The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread.

Post by MJ Mod Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 pm

On September 10, 2001, the second and last "Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special" was performed in celebration of 30 years since MJs first solo single "Got to be There" debuted. The tickets for both shows sold out in 5 hours and brought in $10,072,105 for both shows. During the second part of the show the Jacksons (including Michael) performed together for the first time in 17 years.

After the concert MJ said:

"Being on stage with my brothers was a wonderful experience. It was almost as if it was déjà vu, as if it happened yesterday, because I felt as if Ed Sullivan was introducing us when we first premiered I Want You Back. I love my brothers and it was just a great celebration – it was so much fun."

Pix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread. Empty Re: The 'Invincible' Era Performances, Appearances, and Music Thread.

Post by MJ Mod Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm

On September 26, 2001, The music video for Michael Jackson's lead single off of Invincible, 'You Rock My World', premiered on TRL in the United States. YRMW peaked at numbers 10 and 13 on the Billboard hot 100 chart and Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, respectively. It peaked #1 on the French, Romanian, and Spanish singles charts.

13.5 minute version of the 'YRMW' short film:

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm

August 9, 2001 began the first of MJ's rehersals with his 5 brothers for his "30 anniversary special" which took place on September 7 and 10, 2001 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

30th anniversary promo poster:

30th anniversary show pix:

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
INVINCIBLE Album
Invincible was released 29th/30th October 2001 and featured 16 new tracks.

The album was released on CD, and vinyl and released with 5 different covers those being white/silver, blue, green, red and orange, to make collecting the CDs "more fun" for fans!

The album debuted at Number One in 12 different countries.

Up to now the album has reportedly sold 8 - 10 million copies. Although a high selling album compared to other artists it was much lower than Michael's previous releases. This was primarily due to the lack of promotion by Sony Music. Michael and the music company fell out and he accussed them of not promoting the album. After the first single "You Rock My World" was released it became clear that Sony Music were not interested in promoting the album. Only 1 more single "Cry" written by R. Kelly was released and that was without a proper music video.
Album Track listings:

1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Break Of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Speechless
9. 2000 Watts
10. You Are My Life
11. Privacy
12. Don't Walk Away
13. Cry
14. The Lost Children
15. Whatever Happens
16. Threatened

Music Videos that accompanied released singles.
You Rock My World Michaels last appearance in his own video.
Cry This video had nothing to do with Michael.

Released: October 30th 2001

Produced by: Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Teddy Riley, Kenneth "Baby face" Edmonds, R. Kelly and Dr. Freeze.

Label: Epic

Sales: 8+ million

The only event that helped in the promotion of the album was the September 2001 30th Anniversary celebration in Madison Square Gardens. 2 concerts held on 7th and 10 September. A host of stars including Beyonce, Britney Spears, Usher, Justin Timberlake and many more sang Michael songs. Michael also performed solo and also with his brothers. Even this event was overshadowned by the attacks on 9/11.

Michael also attended a Virgin Mega Store in New York and signed a number of cd albums for fans.

Source link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:23 am

On November 1, 2001 ABC aired an edited version of the 11-hour "United We Stand- What More Can I Give" concert. MJ introduced other acts and was also shown performing "Man In The Mirror"

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:30 am

On November 7, 2001 Michael Jackson attended a special record signing at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, New York.

When Michael Jackson comes to town, everything shuts down.

Frantic, screaming fans filled the streets and stopped traffic in the middle of Times Square when Jackson made what his record company called his first-ever in-store appearance, proving he still has luster on his crown.

Emerging in front of the Virgin Megastore on a small stage covered with red carpet, Jackson, clad in a blue silk shirt and matching pants, bopped to the sounds of his single "You Rock My World" and threw kisses to the crowd for about a minute before he went back inside the store to sign autographs and promote his new album, Invincible.

"Michael! Michael! Michael!" throngs of fans chanted in the hopes he would come back outside. Instead the police told the crowd to keep it moving.

"I lost my mind," said 17-year-old Sydney Torrence of Harlem, who was still basking in making eye contact with the reclusive superstar. "Michael Jackson communicated with us!"

"He's the greatest of all time, you don't even have to ask the question," said her friend Shari Griffith, 17, of the Bronx. "He's just an innovator. Who could make up words like 'cha'mon'?"

Jackson's Invincible, which was released on October 30, will debut at #1 on next week's Billboard 200 according to SoundScan data released on Wednesday (November 7. Both young women agreed the album deserves to top the chart.

"He's got Biggie on the album, he's got Jay-Z on the ['You Rock My World'] remix," Torrence said. "He doesn't just sing about love. He sings about war, he sings about everything. He's hot."

"It's real weird to see a new generation accepting Mike," said Rodney Jerkins, one of Invincible's producers. Jerkins, who was in a nearby studio working on the next Brandy album, showed up unannounced at the event after seeing a live on-site interview with Jackson on "TRL."

"That was the mission for all of us [while making the album]: 'How do we get younger kids?' " Jerkins said. "Standing out here, I can tell the kids love him. It's all in the music. Mike's an entertainer. He's gonna show you what he can do, but the music has to catch the kids' ears. It's a blessing to be part of this. It's history."

Michael Jackson granted an exclusive interview to the TV show "Entertainment Tonight." The show was aired on November 12 and 13 as a two-part special.
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:58 am

Michael Jackson's single "Cry" was released internationally.

Michael Jackson's single "Cry" was released internationally. It is the second single release off "Invincible" album. It was preceded by a short film directed by Nick Brandt, and the cast included members of a real gospel choir who formed a human chain.

Music video by Michael Jackson performing Cry.

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 pm

January 10, 2002 ~ MJ Attended The 29th Annual AMAs.

2002 - The King of Pop made a special appearance at the "29th Annual American Music Awards" and was presented with the "Artist of the Century" Award.

At the 29th annual American Music Awards, which took place at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles (USA), Michael Jackson was awarded the 'Artist of the Century Award'. Actor/ comedian Chris Tucker had the honor of presenting the award to his friend:

Michael Jackson is the biggest selling artist of all time. And Thriller remains the largest selling album all over the world. For his outstanding musical contributions in the 1970's, '80's and '90's the American Music Awards presents Michael Jackson with this year's 'Artist Of The Century Award'. Ladies and gentlemen would you please welcome a good friend of mine, the King Of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson.

Michael came out on stage blowing kisses to the fans. Dressed in solid silver sequenced jacket with gold sequenced military stripes and armband, his pants were tight black leather, his black boots blending in perfectly. His hair was shoulder length and straight. Michael, of course, acknowledges his fans in the wings holding up signs for him.

As he took to the stage to accept his award, Michael was greeted with a standing ovation from the cheering crowd before he began his speech, thanking a long list of people, including actor Marlon Brando - "my other father" - and then split:

"First I would like to say; Chris Tucker, you are the funniest man in the world. Larry Cline, Dick Clark. [to Chris Tucker, handing him the award] Can you hold this for me? [while reaching in his pocket for a piece of paper] I'd like to thank people that are very important in my life. My mother and father, John McClain, Nicoletta Sotille, Rodney Jerkins, I think you're a musical genius, and Teddy Riley. I love you Quincy Jones, you're amazing. Trudy Green, Howard Kaufman, Suzzane De Passe, Tony Jones, Diana Ross, Marlon Brando, Gladys Knight, and my other father, Marlon Brando, I love you."

Acts who perform on the earlier show generally do not get invited to the more prestigious Grammy Awards in February, putting Jackson in a fix.

He had initially backed out of the American Music Awards altogether, prompting show producer Dick Clark to file a $ 10 million lawsuit against Grammys boss Michael Greene for unfair competition.
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down