MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom says Whitney Houston was sick of showbiz (New Book by WH Mom)

Go down

Mom says Whitney Houston was sick of showbiz (New Book by WH Mom) Empty Mom says Whitney Houston was sick of showbiz (New Book by WH Mom)

Post by Admin Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Sideshow: Mom says Whitney was sick of showbiz
by Tirdad Derakhshani

January 25, 2013

She was inspired to the music life by child star Michael Jackson. Yet when she finally had it all - fame, glory, riches - all Whitney Houston wanted to do was quit.

So writes Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, 79, in Remembering Whitney: My Story of Love, Loss, and the Night the Music Stopped, a memoir due out Tuesday about the diva known as Nippy to her family.

"I remember Nippy watching television and seeing Michael Jackson doing his thing," Cissy writes. " 'Mommy,' she announced, 'I'm going to marry that boy. And I'm going to be a star.' "

Her fame had its costs: drug addiction and a miserable marriage to Bobby Brown.

"I'm angry she died alone, in those conditions," writes Cissy in an excerpt published by People. Her daughter died Feb. 11, 2012, in a hotel bathtub, of accidental drowning. She had a cocktail of drugs in her system.

"Was I a good mother?" Cissy asks in a chat with People. "I still wonder if I could have saved her somehow."

Perhaps if she had helped Whitney quit showbiz? "Nippy seriously considered walking away from it all," Cissy writes. "One time, she was looking out a window, and she said, 'You know, I never asked for this madness. I couldn't have imagined it.' "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal note: Feb. 11, 2013 is the One Year Anniversary of Whitney's death.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mom says Whitney Houston was sick of showbiz (New Book by WH Mom) Empty Re: Mom says Whitney Houston was sick of showbiz (New Book by WH Mom)

Post by Admin Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Anyone catch Cissy Houston on the TV show on OWN?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down