MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree.

5 posters

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree. Empty "This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree.

Post by MJ Mod Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:25 am

1988 - Michael Jackson received an honorary doctor of Humane Letters degree from the president of Fisk University, Henry Ponder, at the 44th Annual United Negro College Fund Awards held at the Sheraton Hotel, NY.

Michael, who was the highest contributor for UNC Fund, also received their highest honor — The Federick D. Patterson Award for his continued efforts towards alleviating world hunger, helping terminally ill children and for his inspirational example to the youth of America.

Approximately 2000 people attended the dinner, among them; Frank Dileo, John Branca, Walter Yetnikoff, Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minnelli, Yoko Ono, Whitney Houston and Michael's mom & dad.

Accepting the honor Dr. Michael Jackson says:

"I would like to say this about the United Negro College Fund. An education opens a person's mind to the entire world, and there is nothing more important than to make sure everyone has the opportunity for an education. To want to learn, to have the capacity to learn, and not to be able to, is a tragedy.
I am honored to be associated with an evening that says this will never happen. Thank you. I love you all."♥

Producer Quincey Jones made a speech honoring his friend, Michael:

"I would just like to say this tribute tonight is about growth as a human being, as a songwriter, as a singer, as a dancer, as a choreographer, as a mind, as a record producer, as a business magnate... and most important of all, as a humanitarian."

Video of the event: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree.

Post by midangerous Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 am

Wow!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" March 10, 1988 ~ MJ Received Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters Degree.

Post by Admin Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 pm

3/10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

Simply amazing
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:37 am

"I would just like to say this tribute tonight is about growth as a human being, as a songwriter, as a singer, as a dancer, as a choreographer, as a mind, as a record producer, as a business magnate... and most important of all, as a humanitarian."

God I miss him.

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down