MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements

2 posters

Go down

Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements Empty Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm

We have received PM's from some of our members reporting that a new member has PM'd messages to our members regarding advertising their information. The rules on this site include obtaining permission from administrators in order to be allowed to do this (post anything self advertising whether on public forum or in PM). The fact this member did not PM admin or MJ Mod does not set well with us. It makes it appear that they only joined in order to advertise themselves with no respect or regard to this site or the administration or founder of this site.

The information being PM'd was forwarded to me and the fact of the matter is that there is no reason for the member not to have simply introduced themselves on the forum to say hello and then post that same info in a thread after having PM'd the admins for permission.

Thanks to those who reported this as I specifically founded this site on 100% respect to be paid to all members and specifically to Michael Jackson. (That includes admin Wink)

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements Empty Re: Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements

Post by Capricious Anomaly Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm

I received a PM too and couldn't understand why that was sent in a PM! I looked for a thread or a comment from the newbie but couldn't find anything. I know the admin has been someone who always talked about the subject matter of the PM. Hopefully they will PM admin Wink

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements Empty Re: Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm

@Capricious: I already asked the newbie to please post a thread with their info. It isn't a problem concerning the subject matter, I have advocated since 2010 for them. It is just that it wasn't shared with administration and the rest of the members who have a right to know about it (once admin permits the advertising of something which is a rule here).

If we don't enforce this rule (that anyone joining must request permission before advertising other sites etc..) then we will be spammed all day long. We are protecting the site from all forms of disrespect and junk posts.

This is one that I have already wholeheartedly invited to post the info! It is all about Michael Jackson and paying homage which as we all know we do all day long here on this site! So hopefully we will all be able to see the post soon.

Regarding people joining only to PM members self advertisements 3948275921

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down