MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Day at Holly Terrace

3 posters

Go down

My Day at Holly Terrace Empty My Day at Holly Terrace

Post by corlista Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 am

I visited Holly Terrace for the first time in May of last year and it was completely quiet and peaceful with hardly a soul around.  I returned again in June (my first 6/25 visit) which was a completely different experience being with all the fans. Both were amazing and moving visits.  The sidewalk and steps to HT are blocked on that day but there is still much to experience with all the floral arrangements, fan tributes and meet and greets with fans from all over the world. Last year Randy came from 11:00-1:00p and Joe made an entrance in his red Mercedes convertible not long after RJ left. Both events created chaos. We weren't much interested but others were. The 10,000+ roses were so beautiful and an amazing tribute to the enduring love people have for Michael.  This year there will be 13,000!  What a sea of beauty and love Michael will see when he looks down at his beloved fans.

On a practical note, we went around 10:30a. We knew nothing about what to expect and loved our day there but next time we might go a bit later. Alot of people came around 12:30/1:00p. A little after 2:00p everyone gathered in a circle for a prayer/blessing. At 2:26 hundreds of monarchs (a resurrection symbol) were released into the air in memory of Michael. After that a lovely woman whose name I can't remember walked through the crowd handing out little sunflower pins with black ribbon  (which I still have on my dresser) announcing there would be a service at 3:00 for those who wanted quiet, meditative time with Michael (the earlier hours had more of a reunion feel) which, unfortunately, we couldn't go to because of other plans we'd made. We were sorry we couldn't go but our hearts were so full from the day that it's hard to put into words. To be in Michael's presence (if you walk around the back of the building you can stand right below the windows where his crypt lies), to meet fans from all over the world, to be in communion with people whose only reason for being there is that they love him as much as you do is a powerful, deeply moving experience. It is complete sanctuary.  If you love Michael, you are an immediate friend. 

We witnessed a beautiful event while we were there.  We kept running into an Italian family (grandmother, aunt, mother and daughter about 9/10 yrs old) at various sights starting with Gardner Elem. We saw them at Neverland, they were on our Westlake tour and, of course, we were with them at Holly Terrace. They could speak very little English and I speak even less Italian but we managed to communicate (universal love of Michael) and we became friendly. The day we were at HT, Randy Jackson - who had been standing on the terrace watching everyone - walked out into the crowd and picked this same little girl who was wearing a fedora and her mother to go inside to view the crypt with him. We all watched in awe. This child who came all the way from Italy with her family to honor Michael got to go inside and kneel at the crypt and say a prayer and be with him. Writing about it brings tears even now. Sometimes Michael lets us into his heart even from the grave...

I'm sharing these details because it might help others plan their day at Forest Lawn and be able to participate as fully as possible. I don't know what is planned this year and I can't go as I'm travelling to Las Vegas to see ONE but to those of you who are going - especially if it's your first time, it will be a blessing in your life. Guaranteed!

My Day at Holly Terrace 2848523593
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

My Day at Holly Terrace Empty Re: My Day at Holly Terrace

Post by ljmissmj Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Corlista I am going to be in Vegas, I'm going to pm you
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 pm

i'm sitting here crying omg i miss him sooooooooooooo much!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down