MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" July 6, 1984 ~ The Victory Tour Opening Concerts Are Performed.

2 posters

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 6, 1984 ~ The Victory Tour Opening Concerts Are Performed. Empty "This Day In HIStory" July 6, 1984 ~ The Victory Tour Opening Concerts Are Performed.

Post by MJ Mod Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:58 pm

On July 6, 1984 The 'Victory' tour's opening concerts are performed at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri. The Jackson's draw 135,000 fans over the three sell-out shows, breaking the previous record of nearly 58,000 established in 1977.

With 55 concerts, to approximately 2 million fans, the 'Victory' tour reportedly grosses $90 million and sets a new record for the largest grossing tour. The tour commenced on the 6th July in Kansas City and concluded on the 9th December in Los Angeles. It was named after the newly released Jackson's album 'Victory' although none of the songs from that album were on the tour's set list.
The set list included songs from the Jacksons albums 'Destiny' and 'Triumph' as well as songs from Jermaine's solo career and Michael's 'Off The Wall' and 'Thriller' albums.

The list:
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Things I Do For You
Off The Wall
Human Nature
Heartbreak Hotel
She's Out Of My Life
Jermaine Jackson Solo: Let's Get Serious/You Like Me Don't You/Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' with Michael
Jackson 5 Medley: I Want You Back/The Love You Save/I'll Be There
Rock With You
Lovely One
Working Day And Night
Beat It
Billie Jean
Shake Your Body Down To The Ground

The Jacksons' Victory tour became the then-biggest tour any group had ever done. Michael donated all of his proceeds from the tour to charities.

Watch 'Beat It' from the concert here:

Watch 'Billie Jean' from the concert here:
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 6, 1984 ~ The Victory Tour Opening Concerts Are Performed. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" July 6, 1984 ~ The Victory Tour Opening Concerts Are Performed.

Post by Admin Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:30 pm

7/6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down