MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela.

4 posters

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela. Empty "This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:20 pm

July 17, 1996 Michael visits South Africa for a few days, arrives in Johannesburg, where he attends a private birthday for President Nelson Mandela. Mandela invited about 2000 children to the party.

Nelson Mandela poses with Michael Jackson before cutting a birthday cake for his 78th birthday at Hilton College in Kwazulu-Natal.

Michael took time off from touring, to visit South Africa where not only did he attend a private birthday party for the country’s President Nelson Mandela, he revealed he was writing a song about him. "I was working on it last night (19th July)," he said. "This is a wonderful, lovely man. I love Nelson Mandela very much."
Mandela, stepping out on to a patio to greet the media, turned to Michael and said,
"I can see who is the world leader. I have never seen so many journalists!"

During the press conference in Sun City, Michael announces that his upcoming HIStory World Tour would reach South Africa.

While in South Africa, Michael also took time to visits the black township of Soweto, where he laid a wreath of flowers at the memorial to honor the youngsters who were shot dead by South Africa’s security forces during the 1976 Apartheid riots; and renders a bouquet of white roses, carnations and lilies in remembrance of 11-year-old leukemia victim, Jaymee Bowen.
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela.

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:05 pm

I didn't realize it was NM's birthday today! 95 I think?
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" July 17, 1996 ~ Michael Jackson Attends A Birthday Party For Nelson Mandela.

Post by Admin Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Yep - 95 years young and recovering from his latest health scare. TG Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:17 pm

is he doing alright admin? i've been so worried!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 pm

7/17
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down