MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013

4 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013 Empty Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013

Post by Admin Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013

8/6/13

Excerpt:

Meanwhile, Disney’s purchase 10 months ago of Lucasfilm turned the plans to remake Disneyland’s Tomorrowland on its ear. Out were ride concepts based on Tron and Marvel, and in was a Star Wars invasion of nearly the entire land. Disneyland operations teams don’t want the park in construction mode for the 60th Anniversary, so the plan to remake Tomorrowland is now being broken up into two phases.

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60th, and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60th Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013 Empty Re: Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013

Post by May Michael Jackson Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Such bad news...Sad 
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013 Empty Re: Michael Jackson's Captain EO Disneyland slated to close winter 2013

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh so there is a lack of Star Wars activities? Really? This seems to be a rather ill conceived idea on the part of Disney Corp. yet again. Nothing tops MJ ever!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:04 am

For some reason I thought this was resolved and Captain EO would remain. It seems like they've been trying to "do-away" with EO for a few years now and then they keep it. I hope they find a home for it.. EO is a main attraction for me anyway.. and it's so much fun to watch with a large group of fans! We are so noisey and sing all the songs and dance in the seats.. it's a cool experience..that's a big part of Michael's Legacy and for me, going to see EO is a very big reason why I have gone to Disney Day (fan event) in the past.
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down