MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson's former bodyguard wasn't surprised his family lost their court case against AEG Live.

Go down

Michael Jackson's former bodyguard wasn't surprised his family lost their court case against AEG Live.  Empty Michael Jackson's former bodyguard wasn't surprised his family lost their court case against AEG Live.

Post by Admin Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Michael Jackson's bodyguard not surprise at case result
By: Lucy Hobson

October 3rd, 2013

Michael Jackson's former bodyguard wasn't surprised his family lost their court case against AEG Live.

Matt Fiddes, who worked for the late star briefly in 2002, predicted the jury's decision before the trial kicked off five months ago, as he believed Michael's mother Katherine - who accused the company of negligently hiring Dr. Conrad Murray - had filed for a case too big with little evidence to go on.

Speaking on ITV's 'Daybreak', he said: "She's a lovely lady and very soft hearted and I just feel sorry for Katherine because she's been through so much pain throughout her life, it's just been one thing after the other and I think everything rested on this case."

The jury, comprised of six men and six women, decided within just six days that Dr. Murray - who is currently in jail for the involuntary manslaughter of the 'Thriller' hitmaker, who died of acute Propofol intoxication in 2009 - was competent for the job of looking after Michael that he was hired for.

Matt added: "I'm surprised how quick it [the verdict] came back. I mean as soon as I heard that it'd come back so quick I knew that they had most likely lost but it was a long shot, there's no doubt about it. It was a long shot and no, I wasn't surprised at all."

Katherine, 83, and the Jackson family were suing the company for not carrying out background checks on Murray before hiring ahead of Michael's 'This Is It' residency, which would have seen him perform 50 concerts at The O2 venue in London.

However, AEG Live argued they had nothing to do with Michael's drug use and were unaware he was receiving a nightly dose of Propofol - which is not normally used outside of hospitals - for insomnia from Dr. Murray.

The disgraced physician was sentenced to four years for his role in the King of Pop's death, but it was recently revealed that he could be released as early as October 28 due to his good behaviour.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down