MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added

+2
midangerous
ljmissmj
6 posters

Go down

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added Empty THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added

Post by ljmissmj Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:07 am

I wanted to share my super fantastic day today that I experienced  with Thrill The World New York City. This year I decided I am going to participate in the global dance of Thriller.  I've been to the event for the past four years to watch and also I've been a volunteer to help with organizing.  Last year I actually pushed the button on the smoke machine to add atmosphere while the dancers performed, oooo ahhhhh. Hey it takes skill and timing to push that button LOL! But this year I said "Michael I'm gonna do it" (cause I have these conversations in my head with MJ at times....admit it I know you do too!) Not to mention to dance Thriller has been in my "bucket list" if you don't know what a bucket list is - it's a list of things a person wants to do before they leave this planet either with wings on their back or by space ship (kidding about the space ship), or are too old to do. So last Sunday, was my first "official" rehearsal which was in Central Park (in a public area no less). Mind you, like so many of us I've seen Thriller like 90,000 times, I've followed a few steps here and there, but to actually DO the dance and learn REAL steps is a tad intimidating. Even though the group has rehearsed for a month or so, yours truly attended my first rehearsal last Saturday in Central Park. Rehearsal space is scarce and expensive in New York, and Central Park is free! So me and 2 other fans decided to go learn together... our instructor Amada Anderson and Moses Harper old pro's took us step by step thru the routine. Boy... after the first 10 minutes I admired Michael even more... I can dance (or so I think) I mean I can boogie with the best of them but to learn a dance routine is an entirely different animal.  And even though I've had 5 years of dance training as a teenager, all that flew out the window as I fluttered around wondering to myself when I had acquired these two left feet? But our darling MJ never gave up so I wasn't either, as we continued to rehearse I got better and let's leave it at that.  The cool part is people would gather and take pictures.  That was a nice feeling. However, from Sunday I didn't practice anymore , even though I told myself I would practice every day when I came home from work.  WRONG!!  Now the day has arrived, I get up this morning, and I think, omg, I have to look at the training video on Thrill the World website. I go thru the routine step by step. Not good, so I  do it again. This time not a awful, but I'm no Michael Jackson ugh..  We have to be at the park by 2:00 pm which allows us time to practice because this time we dance at 5:00 pm EST.  I arrive at East River Park (zombiefied) around 3:30 pm and lo and behold there's only a handful of zombies and curious on-lookers. Gosh 90 peoples registered on-line where are they??? panic... I ask Amada (the NY division creator)if  she needs help setting up. Yes!  I am to register the dancing zombies as they come in because there has to be an official count of how many folks dance globally so we can break the record.  Zombies start to walk in and boy there's lots of realistic make up applications and creative costumes.  Time is ticking, around 3:45 the DJ starts the music of course he's playing nothing but Michael to get us hyped and ready to dance. As more zombies trickle in I had to stop dancing and sign them in, but  everyone is partying and having fun.  Now it is 4:15 and Amada announces that we will be going thru two rehearsals before dance time.  Yay!! I need it.  The 1st rehearsal begins, I forgot just about all the steps - duh, people are going left I'm going right, bumped into folks, you get the point.. HORRIBLE.. UGH!  The rehearsals end and more zombies are coming up to register....tick toc tick tock.. 4:50 pm.. the zombies are called to the performance area. Our fearless leader gives us a pep talk.. the excitement builds... she says EVERYBODY DOWN!..all the zombies lay on the ground...I'm so excited... more on-lookers approach...5, 4, 3, 2, 1....the creaking door ....we begin to rise.. I'M DOING IT!!! AAAIIIEEEE! OH MY GOD! I'M ACTUALLY DOING THRILLER...everyone of us zombies are doing our thing..oh joy!...the song and routine come to an end... we fall back on the ground....breathe. It's over.. I look to my right and one of my fellow zombies is crying, with tears falling she says "I did it, I really did it, I did it for Michael".  I smiled and we helped each other off the ground (my knees cracked) cause neither one of us are exactly Spring chickens if ya know what I mean Wink . Amada tells us to come together to take group shots..then she says we're gonna sing.... I hear those familiar notes...we all come together we have our arms around each other...I'm going to stop here to tell you about the weather, it's been freezing all week, but today was a gorgeous sunny Fall day...I hear those familiar notes...Michael's sweet voice..."Gonna make a change...we are singing our lungs out..people on the side lines are singing..we sounded so great like a choir..at this time I'm looking at the sun which is slowly setting between two trees, it's yellow and red and orange all at once....I thought "Michael"....the song ends ..we just start grabbing each other and hugging screaming.. not to sound hokey or corny.. honest it was a moment a real spiritual moment. We sent love out into the world. A friend of mine later said, "ya know the dance was cool, but the best part was the song at the end, that was a great moment." She said, "this was all Michael's doing"...I nodded because I was thinking the same thing.. yes indeed, MJ's Love Is Magical....
OK, so today I can cross off one more thing on my bucket list...

ps. Thrill the world NYC performed at 6:30 am for ABC or NBC..it was only supposed to be shown locally, but the producer loved it so much she told Amada - this is going National!  I didn't make it to the 6:30 am performance, I mean I love MJ, but a girl does need her beauty sleep.

Last edited by ljmissmj on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added Empty Re: THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added

Post by midangerous Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 am

Wow! awesome experience!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added Empty Re: THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Great experience you had ljmissmj! Thanks for sharing and also for letting us all know how much L.O.V.E. for Michael was all around!

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added 3948275921 

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! I saw a pix of TTW people from NYC at the Today show plaza, they all looked great! Were you there?
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

WOW!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am

thanks guys, it was great fun and a beautiful experience. Thriller NY also sponsors a program called the pajama drive, we collect pajama's for children in need. So even though we're out there having fun we also incorporate Michael's message of giving. It's the best of both worlds!
@we are the world, no it was way too early for me to get up - the dancers had to be at Today show by 6:30 am.
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Sounds like you all rocked it Les! How did that zombie look work for you? lol Got any pix?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 pm

There were lots of pictures taken, when I find some I will let you know.. I'll need help getting them posted on site, you know me and technology -- duh
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added Empty Thrill the World in NYC Youtube video

Post by ljmissmj Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey love muffins - here's the link to Thrill Day - New York
Now, I am all the way in the back more to the right, I have on sunglasses cause I'm a cool zombie, and a white top well it's really allot of spider webs draped over my shoulders and black jeans.. i fade in and out of the scenes.. .. enjoy..  you can tell it was a beautiful day
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Les!! Gurl!!! WOWEEWOW! NYC Thrillin' the World baby! BRAVO!!! Thanks for posting the YT and for loving our KING!!

L.O.V.E. you MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!

THRILLER DAY IN NEW YORK CITY (Global Thriller Day all around the world)-Youtube added 4249913962 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down