MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday.

4 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. Empty "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 am

Michael Jackson: 'I Feel ... Very Young' at 50

By SANTINA LEUCI, SABINA GHEBREMEDHIN, CHRIS CONNELLY, LUCHINA FISHER (@luchina) andMICHAEL S. JAMES (@bymsj)
Aug. 28, 2008

He first became a star as a young boy, then endured superstardom, scandals and a legal prosecution, but as he turns 50, Michael Jackson told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview that he's "having a wonderful time, just relaxing."

Speaking by phone from his home in California, at times so softly he was barely audible, Jackson said he was listening to James Brown and preparing for his 50th birthday Friday, when he will "just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons" -- before he gets right back to work.
Does turning 50 mean he now has an AARP card?

"Not that I know of!" Jackson said, laughing.

He said he still can do all his famous dance moves and "more."

"I feel very wise and sage, but at the same time very young," he said.

Reflecting back, Jackson said the happiest time in his life was probably when he was recording his hit solo albums "Thriller," released in 1982, and "Off the Wall," released in 1979. Those albums -- which were accompanied by a string of hit singles and videos and corresponded with the 1983 debut of his signature dance, the "moonwalk" -- propelled him to the height of his stardom.

"That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world," he said. "I enjoyed it very much."

Asked to pick a single song as his greatest achievement, Jackson went back to the same period.

"Oh boy, that's a hard one," he said, before singling out "We Are the World," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller."
But Jackson was not content to rest on his laurels, saying, "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things."

He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.

"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it."

Music and Fame
He said he hopes to "be myself" in his future work, but also that he is "inspired by many great artists," noting he wished he could have worked with Brown or Fred Astaire.

He sees his influence in some of today's artists, specifically mentioning Chris Brown.

He said he sacrificed his childhood with "a lot of hard work," and that he remembers "giving up your life for the medium."

But he'd do it all again.

"I think I would," he said. "It is very much worth it. I have always loved show business and have always enjoyed making people happy through that medium. I love the celebration of music and dance and art. I just love it."

Asked if he'd like his two sons and daughter to have the same sort of upbringing as him, he said he'd prefer to let them "enjoy their childhood as much as possible."

"I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things," he said. "I want them to get to do the kind of things I didn't get to do. So, I fill them with a lot of enjoyment that way -- a lot of amusement. You know?

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he added, "when they are on a ride and they are screaming and they are happy. ... It makes me emotional, 'cause I see they are having a real good time."

Jackson said his kids "love music ... they are very much into the arts," but that, "I don't push them."

If he could go back and give himself some advice at age 9 or 10, the approximate age of his oldest children, he would advise himself, "if you are going to do it, commit yourself, know your craft and be really involved." He'd say to be strong and to have "rhinoceros skin" when it comes to dealing with the pressures of fame.

Perhaps Jackson learned to have a thick skin after enduring years of controversies.
Born Aug. 29, 1958, in gritty Gary, Ind., Jackson rose to fame as the youngest member of the brother act, The Jackson 5. The group released its first single on the Motown label in 1969, when Jackson was 11 years old, and enjoyed a string of hits in the early 1970s.

Source link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 3897828759 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 2761027566 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 1723794159 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 1722810769 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 1723794159 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 2761027566 "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 3897828759
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday.

Post by Admin Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Knowing this was his last BD at 50 years of age is so heartbreaking - beyond words. The fact he said he felt young at 50 was his real feelings and he was still young - and so vital and wise. Today will be a special commemorative day - almost a spiritual holiday to me-for the rest of my life! TY MJ Mod for posting this for today's TDIH

I L. "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. 3897828759 .V.E. & MISS YOU MICHAEL ALWAYS & FOREVERMORE!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" August 29, 2008 ~ MJ Gives a Phone Interview on Good Morning America on his 50th Birthday.

Post by Admin Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Happy Birthday Michael!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I love reading this interview! Happy Birthday Michael!!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:21 pm

I do too M!

Happy Birthday Michael! L.O.V.E. you and MISS you so much!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 pm

oh Michael i'm sobbing my eyes out right now, i miss you so much
happy birthday sweetheart!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down