MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!!

5 posters

Go down

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! Empty Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!!

Post by Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I want to say this to WATW:
You have worked very hard to maintain your perfect grade point average and I am SO proud of you! I KNOW you will love this experience at the Mechanical/Electrical Engineering experience this weekend! You have the brains and the abilty to accomplish ANYTHING and you will land a scholarship to the university you want when the time comes to choose!

Good LUCK!! Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 3776838684

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 101009747
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! Empty Re: Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!!

Post by midangerous Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Wow you are super smart WATW! Good luck and have fun learning!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! Empty Re: Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!!

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks admin having fun. Tonight we talked about how people in under developed countries had to dig through landfills and made stuff to sell to make their living- and a lot became super successful. So we had boxes of sterilized cans bottles etc and we used some of the raw materials on campus to make a product that we could sell. So I made a working suitcase out of cardboard cans bamboo string and pink zebra duct tape lol. Tomorrow we make geometric shape drawing machines.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 pm

You go WATW!! Take pix of what you engineer ya hear? lol Love to see your 1st contraptions!

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 3642766813
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:27 pm

I got home a couple hours ago- exhausted from all that engineering and driving and traveling lol. Something happened to Friday's projects and we never got the chance to take pix of them but I have tons of pix of our drawing machines that I will probably post here when I get the chance to. They were really cool- mesmerizing to watch in person lol.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Cool WATW!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:50 pm

I know you had so much fun! Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 1915011633 Looking forward to the pix too!

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 2428593789
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm

@WATW

Hope you had a fun time at your engineering weekend! Can't wait to see pix- engineering is a very exciting field!
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Here are some pix from my geometric shape drawing machine!

First I'll just give a little info. on how these were made. We all split into groups of 2 and used different types of electrical pieces to create a circuit that connects to this small motor, which then spins in a circle thus making the arms move. We had to come up with a way to make the arms of our machine move in such a way that when the motors rotated it would create a pattern, so we put some paint sticks together and drilled a few extra holes to move the screws and create different shapes and patterns. We also had 4 or 5 places to put pens and at one point had 3 pens going at the same time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This was the first shape we made by just using 1 pen at the tip of our machine.

You can't see this one very well but I have a video of it being drawn. This was made by making the motors turn in opposite directions.

This pix is a really good picture of our machine. The little things that look like switches that are connected to the wires make the motors go slower or faster by adding more or less resistance (I'm drawing a blank as to what their names are- I'll think of it and put it in here lol)

This one is by far my favorite drawing. This was the one where we had 3 pens going at the same time, I have a video of them all 3 drawing that I will post later.

Thats it for all the pictures I have. All together we made 12 drawings and I have vids of all of them. When I get them up on youtube I'll post them here periodically- some of them are really cool and they are really mesmerizing to watch them draw.

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 pm

This looks like a lot of work and even more fun!! It is so great that you went to this engineering weekend, and the pictures are great! Looking forward to seeing your YT vids-great job WATW!!

Good Luck to WATW at the Engineering for HS students weekend!! 3776838684
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm

I might be going to a really cool NASA space camp this summer!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down