MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released.

+3
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
midangerous
MJ Mod
7 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released. Empty "This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released.

Post by MJ Mod Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
INVINCIBLE Album
Invincible was released 29th/30th October 2001 and featured 16 new tracks.

The album was released on CD, and vinyl and released with 5 different covers those being white/silver, blue, green, red and orange, to make collecting the CDs "more fun" for fans!

The album debuted at Number One in 12 different countries.

Up to now the album has reportedly sold 8 - 10 million copies. Although a high selling album compared to other artists it was much lower than Michael's previous releases. This was primarily due to the lack of promotion by Sony Music. Michael and the music company fell out and he accussed them of not promoting the album. After the first single "You Rock My World" was released it became clear that Sony Music were not interested in promoting the album. Only 1 more single "Cry" written by R. Kelly was released and that was without a proper music video.
Album Track listings:

1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Break Of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Speechless
9. 2000 Watts
10. You Are My Life
11. Privacy
12. Don't Walk Away
13. Cry
14. The Lost Children
15. Whatever Happens
16. Threatened

Music Videos that accompanied released singles.
You Rock My World Michaels last appearance in his own video.
Cry This video had nothing to do with Michael.

Released: October 30th 2001

Produced by: Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Teddy Riley, Kenneth "Baby face" Edmonds, R. Kelly and Dr. Freeze.

Label: Epic

Sales: 8+ million

The only event that helped in the promotion of the album was the September 2001 30th Anniversary celebration in Madison Square Gardens. 2 concerts held on 7th and 10 September. A host of stars including Beyonce, Britney Spears, Usher, Justin Timberlake and many more sang Michael songs. Michael also performed solo and also with his brothers. Even this event was overshadowned by the attacks on 9/11.

Michael also attended a Virgin Mega Store in New York and signed a number of cd albums for fans.

Source link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released.

Post by midangerous Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:04 pm

I have the Invincible CD, I love it! Smile 
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released.

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 pm

me too! "more fun for fans" thats really sweet! i want those versions, i wonder is there anything diffrent about them besides the color?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I bought Invincible CD the second it hit the stores and wore it out! lol

"This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released. 2428593789
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Listen to Invincible on the "MJ music player" on our site!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 pm

LOL Capricious! i loveden i first got it!! it was my 4th album by Michael
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Me too Capricious, me too in spades girl! Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 pm

My favorite album and the first album I ever received when I was just 6, brings back so many memories "This Day in HIStory" October 29, 2001 ~ 'Invincible' Was Released. 3480612478 
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 pm

aww WATW, what ur fav song from Invincible?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 pm

In my opinion (and you know I have many Embarassed) Invincible is most underrated. I love this CD - I think History was a mature CD as well but Invincible showed even more growth and range of Michael's vocal skills. 2000 Watts for example I love MJ's deep voice. Some say it was thru technology that made his voice deeper, but I don't think so. Not only do I appreciate Michael's vocal talents on this CD but he also played with so many diverse musical genre's on this CD. I recall reading that Invincible caused the crack in Sony and Michael's relationship. SONY didn't want all these songs on one CD, they wanted to have two separate CD's (two separate CD's makes more money than one, hmmm). Michael chose not to do that, so SONY decided not to promote it properly - (so I've read). I have so many favorites songs on Invincible, the most alluring and captivating song -the one song that makes my heart skip three beats is BREAK OF DAWN.. be still my foolish heart, if I'm ever blessed to meet and marry the man of my dreams -preferably a MJ clone lol! - our first dance will be Break of Dawn.. that song says it all for me..IT'S HOT!! Whatever Happens with the great Carlos Santana is amazing as well, not only am I a fan of Mr. Jackson's but I've been a fan of SANTANA, Carlos' self titled band since high school - one of their most famous classics is the infectious Oye Coma Va and the classic hit Black Magic Woman. I could go on forever about Invincible but I'll spare you all.. I may be back to give more opinions ya never know... in the meantime give Oye Coma Va, by SANTANA
a listen..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down