MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001 ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing

+2
Capricious Anomaly
MJ Mod
6 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  Empty "This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001 ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing

Post by MJ Mod Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm

On November 7, 2001 Michael Jackson attended a special record signing at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square, New York.

When Michael Jackson comes to town, everything shuts down.

Frantic, screaming fans filled the streets and stopped traffic in the middle of Times Square when Jackson made what his record company called his first-ever in-store appearance, proving he still has luster on his crown.

Emerging in front of the Virgin Megastore on a small stage covered with red carpet, Jackson, clad in a blue silk shirt and matching pants, bopped to the sounds of his single "You Rock My World" and threw kisses to the crowd for about a minute before he went back inside the store to sign autographs and promote his new album, Invincible.

"Michael! Michael! Michael!" throngs of fans chanted in the hopes he would come back outside. Instead the police told the crowd to keep it moving.

"I lost my mind," said 17-year-old Sydney Torrence of Harlem, who was still basking in making eye contact with the reclusive superstar. "Michael Jackson communicated with us!"

"He's the greatest of all time, you don't even have to ask the question," said her friend Shari Griffith, 17, of the Bronx. "He's just an innovator. Who could make up words like 'cha'mon'?"

Jackson's Invincible, which was released on October 30, will debut at #1 on next week's Billboard 200 according to SoundScan data released on Wednesday (November 7. Both young women agreed the album deserves to top the chart.

"He's got Biggie on the album, he's got Jay-Z on the ['You Rock My World'] remix," Torrence said. "He doesn't just sing about love. He sings about war, he sings about everything. He's hot."

"It's real weird to see a new generation accepting Mike," said Rodney Jerkins, one of Invincible's producers. Jerkins, who was in a nearby studio working on the next Brandy album, showed up unannounced at the event after seeing a live on-site interview with Jackson on "TRL."

"That was the mission for all of us [while making the album]: 'How do we get younger kids?' " Jerkins said. "Standing out here, I can tell the kids love him. It's all in the music. Mike's an entertainer. He's gonna show you what he can do, but the music has to catch the kids' ears. It's a blessing to be part of this. It's history."

Michael Jackson granted an exclusive interview to the TV show "Entertainment Tonight." The show was aired on November 12 and 13 as a two-part special.

Last edited by MJ Mod on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001 ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Geesh imagine being at this record signing event! What a special day! All the pictures of him in that blue satin athletic warm up suit from that day WOW just GORGEOUS!!! Smile

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  246948820
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001 ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing

Post by midangerous Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean Capricious!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Another event where Michael made an enormous impact all around!! Invincible is GENIUS!!

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  2894395550
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:46 pm

11/7 TDIH
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

he's amazing! i just love seeing footage of this event
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm

And to this very day I don't know what i was doing or where I was to not be at this event. It's the weirdest thing, I have tried to remembe but I can't. I think I was vacationing in Jamaica, but again, not sure. So weird I wasn't there it had to be a good reason
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" November 7,2001  ~ MJ Attended An Invincible Record Signing  Empty Footage of Michael at the Virgin Megastore 'Invincible' signing:

Post by Admin Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Watch some footage of Michael at the Virgin Megastore 'Invincible' signing:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 pm

TY so much admin!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down