MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :(

5 posters

Go down

Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :( Empty Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :(

Post by Admin Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Just came home from my corner store where I purchased my last 10 packs of Hostess yummies! They were already sold out of Twinkies-but I did get Hoho's and 1 last Apple fruit pie, cupcakes and 1 pkg of pink snoballs and a couple others ~ It is a sad day for America to lose this beloved icon of snacks! I heard about this on the news:

Due to a walk out strike of the bakery workers with no agreement reached to end the strike and declining sales due to the US gov banning sweets all over the country i.e.: school lunch rooms (not a bad idea for kids IMO) and offices and factory workers vending machines being ruled by Big Brother-the Hostess Company officially went OUT OF BUSINESS!! I believe adults with free will in this country should HAVE THE RIGHT to still have access to whatever they want to snack on and the gov needs to stay the hell out of the food business and stop trying to control OUR RIGHTS to choose wth we want to buy!

This action sadly puts 18,500 people OUT OF WORK!! This is the worst part of course BUT if it would have just been an agreement made with the union and the owners of Hostess they would have stayed in business. These nearly 20,000 people who have families and kids to provide for are OUT of work and just before the holidays! So very tragic!!

Another massive loss of jobs - increasing people needing to depend on the gov to survive because they need to apply for UE benefits-and medical care on Medic-aid which in turn costs the tax payers more and more money because the US gov is determined to force their will upon the people! This is not my opinion - it is FACT!

So goodbye to another American business and one of my very favorite childhood (and still to today) memories of these goodies. I guess we have to try to bake and try to make these ourselves if we want to ever taste these again, huh? Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :( Empty Re: Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :(

Post by Capricious Anomaly Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Wow this is so messed up! I just got home but I HAVE to go back out and see if I can get at least a couple Hostess cupcakes and Twinkies-if they aren't already sold out-I just heard on the news that people all over the USA are cleaning the shelves out of all the Hostess products! They said Amazon and Ebay have people selling packs of these treats for lots of money - never fails does it? Rolling Eyes Goodbye to a great American treat! This sucks! Mad
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :( Empty Re: Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :(

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

This is such a sad day. I remember when my grandparents took me to this summer ski resort every year since I was in 4th grade I would play volleyball and swim all day for a week and every day i would go to the vending machines and get a pack of vanilla hostess zingers- my favorite sweet snack Sad . And the mighty hostess pink snowball- I remember getting orange halloweeny snowballs one year too- such a delicious snack. I'm going tomorrow to my local target to buy out the zingers and snowballs and to get my special holiday Starbucks pumpkin spice latte and enjoy one of my last snowballs Sad
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Sad Less nummies and more unemployment!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:40 pm

So I was in my local target today with my dad and sister. I leave to use the restroom for 1 maybe 2 mins max and my dad goes there's 1 pack of vanilla zingers left on the shelves. I got to the shelf and someone had taken it! Mad . All that was left were some stupid hostess doughnuts. I didn't know who I was madder at my dad for not picking them up or the pig that took my zingers Sad lol.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am

Oh I'm sorry about that WATW. I'm really gonna miss Hohos! Crying or Very sad
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm

I heard that a mexican company might be buying the twinkies- no word on the other treats yet.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Oh great news! I needs mah twinkies!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 am

I'm on the bus right now and 5 mins I saw get this- a hostess truck!!! Hopefully that means more shipments in my area and I can finally get my zingers lol.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Say ByeBye Twinkies-HoHo's-H.Cupcakes-Donettes-SnoBalls & More! :( 1915011633 That is great! Yay for you WATW! Hope you get your Zingies lol!

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:13 pm

YAY!! Twinkies are back on 7/15!!! Wee!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I know somebody that'll be camping outside of Food Lion or Seven Eleven on 7/14.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i always loved my hoho's my mom will be soooo upset!! we have our own stash of snackies!!!!!! crap this sucks!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Love my Zingers lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:30 pm

I saw a funny pic of a tomb stone that said: RIP Twinkies and hohos. Lol!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum