MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.

3 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.  Empty "This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.

Post by MJ Mod Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:32 pm

On January 19, 1993 Michael performed Gone To Soon and Heal The World at "An American Reunion" the 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala held in Washington, DC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He walked through the crowd to the stage dressed in black pants and a red military style shirt, with his hair pulled back in a ponytail. He first addressed the very soon to be new President on the need for continued and increased funding for AIDS research.

Before performing song Gone To Soon, in memory of his friend, late activist Ryan White – who passed on due to AIDS – he speaks on White and their friendship, his immune system malady and on the necessity of supporting AIDS cure research by the incoming presidential administration: "Thank you, Mr. President elect, for inviting me to your inauguration gala. I would like to take a moment from this very public ceremony to speak of something very personal. It concerns a dear friend of mine, who is no longer with us. His name is Ryan White. He was a hemophiliac, who was diagnosed with the AIDS virus when he was 11. He died shortly after turning 18, the very time most young people are beginning to explore life’s wonderful possibilities. My friend, Ryan, was a very bright, very brave and very normal young man who never wanted to be a symbol or a spokesperson for a deadly disease. Over the years, I’ve shared many silly, happy and painful moments with Ryan, and I was at the end of his brief, but eventful journey.

Ryan is gone, and just as anyone who has lost a loved one to AIDS, I miss him deeply and constantly. He is gone, but I want his life to have meaning beyond his passing. It is my hope, President elect, Clinton, that you and your administration commit the resources needed to eliminate this awful disease that took my friend... and ended so many promising lives before their time. This song is for you, Ryan."

Michael then performed his anthem to his friend Ryan White, Gone Too Soon, his voice cracking with emotion at the last lines. Several children joined Michael on stage next for Heal the World, which he dedicated to "all the children of the world". Michael later joined a specially reunited Fleetwood Mac and several other celebrities to sing Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow).
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.  Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.

Post by Admin Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:56 pm

1/19
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.  Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 19, 1993 ~ MJ Performed "Heal The World" and "Gone Too Soon" At Bill Clinton's Inauguration.

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:14 pm

I've seen that. Very beautiful, made me cry
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down