MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" January 23, 1984 ~ 'Thriller' (The Single) Was Released.

2 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 23, 1984 ~ 'Thriller' (The Single) Was Released. Empty "This Day in HIStory" January 23, 1984 ~ 'Thriller' (The Single) Was Released.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

On January 23, 1984 Michael Jackson's Thriller was released as the 7th and final single from Thriller—the best-selling album of all time.

It was written by Rod Temperton and produced by Quincy Jones, had originally been titled "Starlight". The song's instruments include a bassline and synthesizer. In the song, sound effects such as a creaking door, thunder, feet walking on wooden planks, winds and howling dogs can be heard, and the lyrics contain frightening themes and elements.

Jackson recorded the song at Westlake Recording Studios on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. Bruce Swedien, the songs engineer, said of the song being recorded,

When we started 'Thriller', the first day at Westlake, we were all there and Quincy walked in followed by me and Michael and Rod Temperton and some of the other people. Quincy turned to us and he said, 'OK guys, we're here to save the recording industry.' Now that's a pretty big responsibility - but he meant it. And that's why those albums, and especially 'Thriller', sound so incredible. The basic thing is, everybody who was involved gave 150%... Quincy's like a director of a movie and I'm like a director of photography, and it's Quincy's job to cast. Quincy can find the people and he gives us the inspiration to do what we do.

Swedien and Jones stated that Vincent Price recorded his introduction and voice-over rap for the song in two takes; Jones, acknowledging that doing a voice-over for a song is "difficult", praised Price and described his recording takes as being "fabulous". Swedien said of Jackson recording the song, that, "I tried all sorts of things with Michael - for instance, he would sing the main vocal part and we'd double it one time and then I'd ask him to step away from the mic and do it a third time and that really changed the acoustics in the room so it gave Michael's vocals a unique character … We recorded some of those background vocals in the shower stall at Westlake."
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 23, 1984 ~ 'Thriller' (The Single) Was Released. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 23, 1984 ~ 'Thriller' (The Single) Was Released.

Post by Admin Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30 pm

1/23
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down