MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference

2 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference Empty "This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference

Post by MJ Mod Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On January 26, 1993 Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference held at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, Ca.

Michael accepts a cheque of $100 000 from the NFL and Frito Lay (Sponsor of the Superbowl). Neil Austrian, president of NFL, presents him with a custom-made Superbowl jacket. He also receives 500,000 dollars from BEST Foundation for his Heal The World Foundation.

Heal LA, new United States Children's Relief Initiative is announced by Heal The World, Michael Jackson and Former President Jimmy Carter in Los Angeles. This collaborative effort - beginning with "Heal LA" sustained by "Cities in Schools", "Big Brothers/Big Sisters", "BEST Foundation", "Watta Health Foundation", and "Partnership for a Drug Free America" - will provide immediate action to help solve the pressing needs of America's inner-city children and youth through instructive programs featuring AIDS prevention, a substance-free living. The initial Los Angeles effort will include drug prevention/education, as well as counseling, mentoring and immunization campaigns.

The singer declares:

"We have to get out the message of the need to heal our children and heal the world... to recognize that we need each other and must care for one another, help inspire us to develop this relief effort for children. To make a real difference, we must all care and commit to be a part of the solution. I know you all share my concern for inner-city children who are spread all around us. We must join together to make this world a better place for each of them. "Heal LA" is only our first step in making things better. I'm very happy to tell you today that former President, Jimmy Carter, and I are going to be working together to help children in cities all over our country. President Carter will join me as co-Chair of our new national Heal Our Children Initiative. We'll work together here in L.A. to start, then go city by city to heal children all over America. I would like to express my love and appreciation to all of you who have already been so generous to this important new Heal The World program."
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference

Post by Admin Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm

MJ knew how to do it!! He more than likely would mention that his foundations could use an injection of capital right? He gave so much that it was the least others could do!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 26, 1993 ~ Michael attends the Superbowl XXVII Pre-Show Press Conference

Post by Admin Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 pm

1/26
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down