MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs.

5 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs. Empty "This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 pm

On January 30, 1989 Eddie Murphy presents Michael with the Special Award Of Achievement at the 16th American Music Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, Ca.

Michael was honored for his ground breaking artistry and technology in video, and for the record breaking success of his BAD album and tour. Cashbox magazine awarded Michael the Video Pioneer Award in recognition of his excellence in video as captured in the Triumph video for Can You Feel It, THRILLER, and Moonwalker. The inscription on the Video Pioneer Award reads:

For his pioneering efforts in the field of music videos epitomized by 'The Triumph', a pre 1980's breakthrough in concept and special effects, and THRILLER, an innovative combination of drama, music and dance. The Video Pioneer Award is given to Michael Jackson on the occasion of his new feature length anthology, Moonwalker becoming the largest selling music home video of all time.

The second special award Michael received was an American Music Award of Achievement. Its inscription reads:

Because his album, BAD, is the first ever to generate five number one singles, because it has been a number one best seller for a record breaking twenty five countries around the world, and because it has been the largest international seller in each of the last two years, the American Music Award of Achievement is presented to Michael Jackson on january 30, 1989.

Both of these special awards were presented to Michael by Eddie Murphy, at Michael's request.

Before introducing Michael, Murphy narrated a 14 minute tribute to Michael Jackson showcasing his international tour and recapping the BAD album's five number one hit singles. Walking shyly toward center stage to gather his awards, the audience greeted Michael with deafening applause and a standing ovation. Michael was dressed in black and red, buckles, and no sunglasses.

As the applause subsided and Michael began to speak, his soft voice could bearly be heard over the microphone, which was on a very low stand. He had to bend over and speak directly into the mike to be heard. Holding his awards, he asked Eddie to adjust the mike stand for him, "Could you lift that up please?" Eddie tried to adjust it but it wouldn't budge. "You do it" Eddie told Michael. Michael replied, "I can't, I need your help." It became a joke when Eddie told the audience what was happening. (Their conversation was bearly audible.) "He said, 'Pull it up Eddie', like I was working for him! And do it! Yes Michael!" So, bent over, Michael spoke briefly as always:

I'd like to thank God, who makes all things possible. I'd like to thank my mother and father, Katherine and Joseph Jackson. I'd like to thank Berry Gordy, who gave me my first professional start in show business, the Epic family, Walter Yetnikoff, Larry Stessel, Glen Bundman, Frank Dileo, Quincy Jones, and Bruce Swedian. I love you. And the public. Thank you.

While he was very shy, Michael appeared to be enjoying himself and seemed to be genuinely honored with the awards, the tribute, and the overwhelming response from the audience.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs.

Post by Admin Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" January 30, 1993 ~ MJ Wins The "Special Award Of Achievement" At The AMAs.

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:45 pm

OK can anyone look better than MJ in that suit? Wow!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 pm

He looks so awesome and very handsome!!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Woah! He looked so good!!! I thought this was in the late 80s ab tho?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down