MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality

5 posters

Go down

Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality Empty Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:44 pm

At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality: The Emancipation Proclamation and the March on Washington
Dr. Carter G. Woodson realized the importance of providing a theme that would focus the attention of the public when he established Negro History week in 1926. The ASALH dedicates the 2013 Annual Black History Theme to celebrating the anniversary of two important African American turning points - the 1863 Emancipation Proclamation and the 1963 March on Washington.

The Emancipation Proclamation, decreed by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1st, 1863, declared slaves in all confederate states then at war with the Union "forever free" and made them eligible for paid military service in the Union Army. Although it did not end slavery in the nation, it did transform the character of the war. After the proclamation was made, every advance of Federal troops expanded the domain of freedom and black men were allowed to serve in the Union Army and Navy. By the end of the war almost 200,000 black soldiers and sailors had fought for freedom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom took place on August 28th, 1963 in Washington D.C. More than 200,000 demonstrators took part in the walk. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his ‘‘I Have a Dream’’ speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, noting that the Emancipation Proclamation gave hope to black slaves. The following year Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as a concrete step towards fulfilling the promise of the Emancipation Proclamation.

1863 Emancipation Proclamation Lincoln reading the emancipation proclamation to his cabinet [Grisaille oil on cardboard].

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by WeAreTheWorld. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality Empty Re: Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality

Post by May Michael Jackson Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:38 pm

I love reading articles about Black History Month. It is a celebration we don't have in my country and I love it. Thanks for sharing. Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality 2314032827
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality Empty Re: Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality

Post by midangerous Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 am

Thank you for sharing a little about Black history WATW. Smile
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Here is a great picture of MJ and Sammy Davis Jr. for the celebration of Black History Month!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Lovely pic!!! Two great Black American men. God bless them.

Thanks for sharing! Smile
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm

thats soo cool i don't get to talk about black americans when my dad is home because if i do my dad will come back with a demeaning comment about the black americans, but he does know that if he says ONE bad thing about michael or his race i will choke him (not for real)lol this was cool
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:59 pm

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

The more I get to know the History of black American people the more I respect them. I am so proud to say I love Michael and to have the beautiful black American friends I met. Black History Month 2013 Theme: At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality 246948820
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Since it's currently Black History month, thought I'd bump this up.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down