MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond

Go down

Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond Empty Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond

Post by Admin Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 am

Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond BY MARIANNE GARVEY, BRIAN NIEMIETZ AND LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT WITH MOLLY FRIEDMAN

July 1, 2013

Michael Jackson is gone, but that didn't stop him from helping Jamie King create a tribute show in Las Vegas, says King.

The latest round of reports that Michael Jackson may have spent upwards of $35 million to silence two dozen kids he molested didn’t hamper the opening of his Vegas show this past weekend. Stars including Justin Bieber, Neil Patrick Harris and Allison Janney were in town Saturday to witness the debut of “Michael Jackson One.”

According to the show’s creator, celebrated choreographer Jamie King, its instant popularity is the result of the “Thriller”-singing star reaching out from beyond the grave to lend a gloved hand.

“I have sensed from the very beginning that Michael has been with me all along. I am not just the story creator and director, but I am the co-director with Michael,” King told Confidenti@l at opening night Saturday at the Michael Jackson Theatre.

“My intention from the very beginning was to create a show that Michael would have wanted to create himself, so I do not do that alone,” he said.

King told Confidenti@l he felt Jackson’s presence all around him during rehearsals.

“Absolutely,” he insisted. “I didn't make one decision that I felt Michael wouldn't have wanted. I almost get a nod that something is on the right track. It feels right.”

MJ’s mother, Katherine Jackson, shed tears during the opening performance while sitting with her grandchildren Prince and Blanket (aka Michael Jr.). The kids' sister, Paris, who last month attempted suicide, was not in the audience.

Sound designer Jonathan Deans confirmed that as he watched dress rehearsals, he could feel Jackson in the theater at the Mandalay Bay Resort.

“His presence is definitely here. You close your eyes and he’s in the room. Hopefully he will be sitting here saying, ‘This is great’,” Deans said.

The theater, built to house the show, has more than 5,400 surround-sound speakers. The show itself — a mix of acrobatics, dance and visuals exploring the King of Pop’s music and spirit — is one of Sin City’s hottest tickets.

“It is spooky, and it’s like Michael is singing to you personally. I get chills,” King told us.

Asked if he’d consider working with aspiring actor Prince Jackson, King, who worked on “This Is It” before MJ's death, said, "I don't know if I could do another Michael show. This was a lot. It was my own personal chance to say goodbye. ‘One’ is about celebrating the legacy of Michael, and creating new fans for generations to come."

Defining Jackson’s legacy is no doubt going to be complicated — with or without supernatural involvement.

Creator of Michael Jackson tribute show says star helped from beyond 53011919kd001-jackson

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/creator-michael-jackson-tribute-claims-article-1.1386752

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down