MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Magazine

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

People Magazine Empty People Magazine

Post by Ploppy Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:13 am

Hi Fan~mily

I just bought the People "special" book and it is worth the $15.99 Canadian dollars.  Awesome pictures and great writing, telling about the pictures and Michael's life during that time AND they got the children's names correct Shocked 
Besides wanting everyone to know about the book and you all probably already know, I wanted to address something that surprised me and now has me wanting some more answers.

Capricious Anomaly I have always loved your name but wondered how it connected to MJ like some of the others are so obvious. So looking through my new People book what do I read on page 7 (which we know is MJ's favourite number - but I think this was just a coincidence).  The page says "1984 - Jackson (pensive at the height of Thriller madness) could have a sense of humour about his quirks.  Asked once what planet he was from, he replied, "It's called Capricious Anomaly in the Sea of Space...Just beyond our solar system, I think."".  Now I know how Capricious' name is connected but is there more of a story or did you just see the interview?  Anyway I love it.  Check the book out, I think it will be a great collectable in years to come.  Apparently Rolling Stone has something in also but I think it was to do with the most favourite of MJ's songs.

Have a great evening or day wherever you are.  I miss him so much and my heart goes out to Prince, Paris and Blanket this coming week.  I pray that they get the privacy that they need.
 People Magazine 744548625       People Magazine 2976365378           People Magazine 4249913962          People Magazine 3039099791           People Magazine 401032820                      People Magazine 691570954 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

People Magazine Empty Re: People Magazine

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 am

I got that one a few weeks ago, its a great magazine! Capricious Anomaly is actually a phrase in Michael's poem Planet Earth, you can find it on the This Is It soundtrack, make sure to get the one with the extra disk which is where you can find it, along with some demos! Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:29 am

Thanks ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ. Does everyone see this posting. I'm getting confused and want everyone to read my postings unless I send them PM which I know how to do.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 pm

No problemo! Wink
yes everyone sees this post. The only ones they don't see are the ones in PM Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Everyone
I would guess that there are quite a few emotions floating around out there this week and I'm not any different but I would like to lift a few and give us something else to think about.  We will always miss Michael and the one's of us (not me) that got to see him live will have even more to remember but all of us have that wonderful music and those remarkable short films to listen to and watch forever.  He will always be the King of Pop and isn't it amazing how the media is much more truthful about what they print about him?  I don't have anything big planned for Wednesday.  In fact I am looking forward to Tuesday as my cleaning lady, Jane, is bringing me a DVD unit to hook up to the TV so I can finally listen to Xscape.  I'm probably the only one on the Plant, within reason, that hasn't heard the amazing album.  Then Wednesday I need to get some gluten-free food and then on Thursday I smile because it would have been my dog, Dylan's 18th birthday.  Now I know that he has passed away but I pretend that I'm his Mommy and that my son is 18 and still a good boy.  I know that's not the real world but one has to visit sometimes as long as you come back to the real world and I do!

We are very lucky to have this MJ fan~mily to share and celebrate and help our family members who are down and not taking the day as well as they could.

This may help some come to a better understanding of Michael and how he ended up as he did.  I just finished Remember the Time and at first I was not really enjoying it as most I had heard from all the other books I had read about Michael, but when I got to page 249 Bill is talking and he finally explains Michael Jackson.  He agrees that when MJ says how he missed his childhood like playing with toys and riding roller coasters, having sleepovers and this and that.  He goes on and agrees that that is some of what he missed out on.  He states that there is lots more to childhood - "clean up your room", "take out the garbage", apologize to your sister" - all part of a childhood.  It's not just about playing games and having fun.  It's about becoming an adult, because you will eventually become an adult whether you want to or not.  Michael loved all the stories about Peter Pan but Bill wondered if MJ really got what the story's about.  Bill thinks Michael just took what he wanted from the story because what happens in the book is that the children leave Neverland go back to their parents and grow up and that's the point, that reality, you do have to grow up.  But if the people around you never pushed you to do that?  If nobody taught you the things that you needed to learn?  Then you're not going to have the skills that you need to be able to deal with the world.  BIG QUESTION/ANSWER:  Did Michael Jackson miss out on his childhood?  He missed out on a lot.

My heart went out more to MJ than ever before because I too only thought of him not being able to play with other kids, always having to work and seeing things that an 8 year shouldn't be seeing...strip clubs.  The other thing that makes me happy because I have read it a few times and that was that Lisa Marie Presley really did love Michael and he really did love her as much as he could love a person, so he did have love in his life with someone he trusted and was safe with (before the children).  From all I've read Lisa was a strong person and did do some house cleaning of the enablers in MJ's life but not enough.

Well enough of that story I just wanted to tell you about what I had found out in Remember the Time.  Michael was so much a child...they had gone shopping at a big name toy store and came to pay the $10,000 checkout.  Michael handed the clerk his credit card which nearly floored Bill(MJ with a credit card)...but the credit card was not authorized.  Michael looked at Bill and said yes it was, he had authorized Bill to use the card. Bill asked him if he called the telephone number to authorize the card to activate it.  MJ didn't know what that meant so they were able to call a "friend" and put the bill on his card at 4:00 am over the phone and MJ paid him back in the morning.  That's funny but it is also sad.  Such an intelligent man and he didn't know how to activate a Visa card.  Of course he was known for carrying suitcases full of his money.

We have so much love to think about on Wednesday so let's be happy for having this bright star in our lives if only for a short 50 years.  I certainly hope my posting has brought some bright spots as I mean only L.O.V.E. to all and very honoured to have found this little extended family.  A special hug to Prince, Paris and Blanket, the 3 heart breakers in this story.

Talk to you soon

People Magazine 744548625              People Magazine 2034332820             People Magazine 3947476145
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Oh Ploppy, thank you so much for posting this, I definitely needed it. I still miss Michael horribly. But I have a nice day planned; wearing my R.I.P MJ shirt, watching Bad 25 the night before the 25 and watching the Wembley concert the night after ,watching TV specials, and participating in MJ World Cry.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:51 pm

I'm glad you liked it ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ and I know there will be a lot of very sad people on Wednesday.  We somehow have to try to find some happiness in realizing that we did have him even for a short time and how much he loved us and how much he has left behind for us.  He left us Prince, Paris and Blanket to watch over as well.  And as overused as it is we have to realize that Michael is at peace.  He is probably writing all day and finally having good sleeps at night.  Don't forget as much as we love him he Loves Us More...he always told us that and he wouldn't lie to us.

People Magazine 3906354512
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:00 am

All very true Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:44 am

What else is there to say?
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm

I Love You Most Michael
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:39 pm

We all love Michael so much and miss him so much.  Our prayers go out to Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Hey there ladies  Smile Im giving out a big wave to you. Ploppy you do write a lot of beautiful things. How lovely and very emotional straight from the heart. You should have been a novelist  :lilhug

Well we all know how hard it's been today don't we. I've had a candle burning most of today for Michael, we each like to remember him different ways by doing our own celebrations. I've given up with the Chinese lantern release as last time I let one up it got caught in a tree and nearly set on fire  Shocked Embarassed I absolutely bricked it. Luckily it went out as there was a slight breeze. But hell, .....I could have been arrested and charged with arson even though it was a genuine accident. I can't beleive they are still being sold in the shops these things. They should be banned. Mad 

I love you ladies and hope your day went ok.

Chat with you soon xx  People Magazine 3998962363 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:53 pm

forgot to say, there isn't one single magazine here about Michael. No tributes or anything which is a total disgrace. I was expecting to find at least 1, but we have nothing. That's so disrespectful especially as we are a nation of Michael supporters, I don't understand why there hasn't been a murmur. People Magazine 1414187595   Mad   People Magazine 246948820 People Magazine 1594344529 People Magazine 3480612478 People Magazine 3480612478 People Magazine 3480612478 

I shall keep checking the shops each day anyhow.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:13 pm

What do you mean PureSoul? There is tons of info here about lots of publications. The most recent is ZOG's book I think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 am

Hey girlies, I've had a nice day pushing thru my depression to celebrate Michael's life. Ploppy my messages aren't going thru right now so check them sometime tomorow ok Smile

Oh PureSoul I know how you feel, there is no sort of anything anout Michael here Sad the only thing is the Immortal show which I'm going to!!! Beggars can't be choosers I guess Laughing

*waves to Admin* good to see you on Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

People Magazine Empty People Magazine Tribute to Michael Jackson - His Life in Pictures

Post by Ploppy Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Hello Ladies

First to PureSoul thank you so much for the compliments...I just love telling anything that I think people will want to know about MJ and may not have heard or read.  Funniest thing, years ago ('70s) I went to a "psychic" and she said that I would write a book...just didn't say when!  But if (and I really hate to use this example, I apologize) Colonel Saunders could "discover" KFC in his 80's then I have a few years yet to write my book!
Now about this lack of finding memorial books on Michael.  My friend found the People Special Edition at the grocery store check out where most of us try to avoid because of the tabloid BS but that was where it was.
Here are 2 places to track down this People Special Edition - Michael Jackson His Life in Photos - the cover photo is the one that was used on Jermaine's book You Are Not Alone - such a beautiful picture of Michael.
Time Home Entertainment Inc., 1271 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020

People Books, Attention: Book Editors, P.O. Box 11016, Des Moines, IA 50336-1016.  Added line they had but might help in contacting someone - "if you would like to order any of our hardcover Collector's Edition books, please call us at 1-800-327-6388 (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m., or Saturday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Central Time)"

My book is not hardcover.  MjjPureSoul I know that will be a lot of work for you but just a minute I just had an idea be right back. Hi, I'm back even though 2 days have passed. I couldn't find my "draft". Thank you MJ Mod. You go to profile and click on Drafts and then click modify...could it be any easier! Anyway MJ Mod put this as off topic because it didn't talk about about MJ but I think it does but she is the moderator, so I hope that everyone sees this. The important information that I needed to look up was for MjjPureSoul in the UK. PureSoul simply Google People Magazine and you will get the usual listings about People Magazine, scroll down a tiny bit and you will see a "section" that lists where all of their offices are and there is one in the UK and I'm sure with your prowess you can track down a copy of the magazine/book. Well I am going to hit send and hopefully this goes to general chatting. If not I will post a quick note to look in off topics to see this as I do believe it has a lot of good information for my fan~mily...especially how to find a draft! Smile  Wink 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Heyy Ploppy you found your draft!!! YAY! 
well I found all 3 magazines at Walmart,  I am always lookimg in the magazine sections to se for any new MJ magazines,  I wish they wouldn't put them with the tabloid magazines but oh well.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Ticks me off too. They obviously don't know the difference between tabloid BS and good reading material. I just hope that PureSoul has some success in what I found for her to try.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:02 pm

I know me too! I bet Midangerous found ot as she works a Walmart!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:34 pm

I am so happy that so many of us are now on the upside of losing our Michael.  It really shows that if we all talk and throw out suggestions and experiences that we can get through such a heartbreaker.  We were all dreading the 25th and well we should have been, we were robbed of our Michael and now I'm noticing that the postings are getting a happier note because of a few books and people who actually cared about us and took the time to put some "specials" together Smile  Even silly me fretting for 2 days because I couldn't find my "draft" that I had worked hard on putting together to try to lift the spirits of my fan~mily and then MJ Mod coming to the rescue and it was so easy to fix.  We love each other and that was what Michael wanted most in the world...L.O.V.E.

Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Exactly Ploppy! I think its so nice that these magazines put together something special for our Michael.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey there ladies  People Magazine 3967602901 Thanks for your patience sweet Plopps. Glad I had chance to pop by this evening after a hectic week again. My god! girl you have done some serious research for this magazine, and I still haven't found any mag here in the UK on our shop shelves so I'm going to google your suggestion. You're a little star, Ploppy, and I want to thank you so much! for helping out  People Magazine 3480612478 People Magazine 3480612478 People Magazine 2848523593 Now as it's late here in the UK I'll have to check it all out tomorrow sometime on Google. I'll of course let you know if I have success in getting a copy, right? Smile  I really don't understand why our newsagents haven't sold any issues on Michael this year unless I have just gone into the wrong newsagents and they'de sold out. But I've been into loads of them and still nothing on Michael. The only time we got any magazines were in 09 after his passing and there were lots of different tribute mags, but since then there's been nothing except books which were mainly sold in the music stores and all those I bought.

So we'll see. I'll get back to you on this People magazine search. Thanks again sweet Ploppy xxx  flower People Magazine 351303059 

Waving to IJCSLuMJ too  cheers 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:40 pm

*waves to MjjPureSoul*
Have you looked in Walmart or something? I found mine in Walmart Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:26 pm

I never got the people magazine, but I had gotten the MJ Life Magazine, Remembering Michael 5 years later.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:54 pm

I got that one too. I also have the one that has his life in pictures!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh dear  Mad 

Firstly, hi ladies  Smile Good to see you. Glad I've found a little time to call in and chat. Where's Ploppy?  Shocked Hope all is ok with her. Just to let her now I haven't been successful on finding this People mag  Mad  I googled it but I still couldn't see a UK address for it  scratch And I didn't see any of them in the list on Michael. I wonder if I've looked at different version of it, I don't understand. But never mind. I'm just happy to chat with you sweet ladies here about our man. It gives me great pleasure.

Ploppy, let us know you are ok please.  People Magazine 3480612478 People Magazine 694993440 And how is Jane?
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey PureSoul!! Sorry you couldn't find the magazine,  maybe try ebay? If you haven't already?
Ploppy is fine, I got a message from her yesterday, I bet she'll be on later Smile
Once again its so wonderful to hear from you, I hope you're doing well Smile talk soon Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey again sweets.  Good to be able to call by again swiftly. Not bad for 2 nights running lol.  It's close to midnight...  Wink really that's true, and I have another mega early start tomorrow so quickly just to say thanks (a HUGE! thanks for your suggestions IJCSLuMJ)  believe it or not I haven't tried Ebay for the mag. I keep forgetting about Ebay and it's the ultimate place to get anything at the end of the day isn't it?.  Absolutely.  So I'll check it out hopefully sometime tomorrow or during the week.  I'll get back to you on it.  Thanks petal  flower Good to know also that Ploppy is ok.   See you both soon xx  People Magazine 1840725692 People Magazine 4229425672

Ladies, ladies.... I just went onto Ebay (I couldn't wait to check it out IJCSLuMJ)  Smile and I have found it. Does it have Michael on the front in his Billie Jean performance pose? and is it in hardback? It also says Tribute? If this is the one then I'm in luck! lol. It's second hand but in mint condition and for sale at £7.00 which I would think is about equiv to your dollars cost?. I have 6 days to bid on it. I hope this is the one. Up to now there are no bids but I can bet when it gets to the 5th day there will be. I will go back to check if there's a 'Buy It Now' option then that way I can purchase it straight away at no extra cost except for postage which is just a bit more.

Catch you later xx

Last edited by MjjPureSoul on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition info)
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh sweet PureSoul! No I think thats an actual book, could you provide the link so I can make sure? I have both a magazine and a book with the same cover and title.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Heya IJCSLuMJ  Smile  Please say yes this is the one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or am I looking for the wrong item? I was thinking it was a hardback issue. I thought Ploppy mentioned it was hardback but it might have been something entirely different that she was telling me about. Is it just a magazine?  scratch 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next