MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly

4 posters

Go down

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly Empty A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly

Post by Capricious Anomaly Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Michael Jackson museum in Gary fizzles by Michael Puente

On birthday, no extra 'thriller' for fans as project money dries up

August 31, 2012
It’s been a week of celebration in Gary for what would have been Michael Jackson’s 54th birthday. Fans from near and far have descended on MJ’s boyhood hometown.

Just a couple of years ago, former Gary Mayor Rudy Clay announced plans for a $300 million museum and performance arts center to honor Jackson’s legacy and memory.

But two years after that announcement before media lights and cameras, the plan is dead. Chelsea L. Whittington, spokeswoman for current Gary Mayor Karen Freeman W When the permilson, says without a funding plan, the museum cannot be built.

“That is no longer in play. No one has reached out to her in that regard,” Whittington told WBEZ on Friday. “The Mayor has stated that until someone approaches her with the funding dollars and a plan, this project will not be pursued.”

The news that a muesum will not be built came as bad news to a dozen fans gathered outside Jackson’s boyhood home at 2300 Jackson Street in Gary on Friday.

“A muesum could be the biggest inspiration because if that child could do that and that child’s family could do that, any child can do it,” said Tina Hall of Ohio.

Katina Chowning of Indianapolis says although she loves visiting Gary to see where Michael Jackson grew up, there's not much else to do.

"You can't even buy a real T-shirt from the Michael Jackson Estate," Chowning said. "They need to have something. You can't even really spend your money."

Events so far have included a candlelight vigil outside Michael’s childhood home on Wednesday, his birthday. Jackson's mother, Katherine and his three surviving children, earlier attended a game of the Gary Southshore Railcats where his eldest daughter Paris threw out the first pitch.

A Friday night dinner will honor Katherine Jackson. Festivities wrap up tomorrow with a concert of Michael Jackson’s music performed at West Side High School in Gary on Saturday night.

Michael Jackson died at the age of 50 in June of 2009.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Personal note: This a sad announcement but not a surprise in the current economy. There needs to be a global effort to assist in this MJ Museum IMO-Perhaps a well organized fund raiser with the proper legal backing and with the blessings of the MJ Estate. When the Estate has no issues that they are concerned about regarding trademarks and copyrights infringing enterprises they are usually happy to take a stance in a positive way which encourages those MJ fans to contribute - knowing it is a reputable and realistic plan.

Gary Indiana deserves to have this Michael Jackson Museum become a reality. We all want this to be built as it should be and it would undoubtedly help the local economy which would be so pleasing to Michael I am sure.
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly Empty Re: A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly

Post by CKrulles16 Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Thats really sad but it would have been a very intresting museum.

CKrulles16

Back to top Go down

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly Empty Re: A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly

Post by Admin Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:48 am

I think it would be productive to campaign for Gary, Indiana to reach their dreams for MJ and build the primary MJ museum there!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by love.u.michael Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Admin wrote:I think it would be productive to campaign for Gary, Indiana to reach their dreams for MJ and build the primary MJ museum there!

MJ museum or Jacksons museum?
I agree with Jacksons museum and I prefer MJ museum to be in CA or Las Vegas, somewhere easy and safe to acces.

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly 1792145769
love.u.michael
love.u.michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:56 pm

A Jackson 5 museum in Gary, IN is a cool way to go-with an MJ wing lol - I still want a 'special' tribute to just Michael in Gary lol - but that is just my mad LOVE for MJ!!

Living in CA I would love to see a museum effort eventually (never know now) at the former NVRL Valley Ranch now renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch (as it was named before MJ) I know all the fans go on about MJ never wanting to go there again but that was because of TS and the railroading horror of a trial that was a NIGHTMARE for Michael-I feel he was so happy there when it was his dreamscape and fav home which is how I feel MJ would always think of NVRL. It would never be the same-but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a new MJ tribute of fanlove!! I am all for multiple MJ museums! Just need at least one right?!

A Michael Jackson Museum in Gary Indiana is a no-go again - sadly 2347364501
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down