MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards.

4 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards. Empty "This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards.

Post by MJ Mod Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm

1996 - Michael receives the special Artist of a Generation Award at the 16th edition of BRIT Awards.

Michael Jackson performs “Earth Song” at the Brit Awards. It is Jackson’s first TV performance in England in over 20 years.

Unbeknown to Michael, however, while he was swinging out over the 4,000 strong celebrity audience on the end of a 30 foot crane, one Jarvis Cocker – frontman of the Britpop band Pulp – was up on stage, creating havoc.
Cocker was, it later emerged, protesting at the supposed ‘quasireligious’ nature of Michael’s performance. At the time, 25 children from two London schools were on stage, and allegedly as a result of Cocker’s actions four of them were hurt.

Michael later expressed his discontent over the incident, however, the controversy created by the performance has led to another rise in HIStory’s sales, putting the album back in the top 10 in Europe.

And following the performance, he informs the audience on the gravity of forest depletion, children deaths and famine, including alarming statistics such as areas of tropical forests being burned every minute, 3 million children dying every minute, or 300 children dying from hunger every minute, the singer requesting for unified involvement on behalf of people, joining him in these relief efforts. He reiterates this speech after performing the mentioned song at the 1996 World Music Awards in Monaco, Monte-Carlo.

Then, as he disappeared into a corridor of glowing white light, Irish singer, songwriter, author and political activist Bob Geldoff appears to presents Michael Jackson with a special Artist of a Generation Award at the 16th edition of BRIT Awards, for which he reads the following introductory speech:

"Any words one speaks or writes are sort of reduntant in the face of what we've just seen and heard. He is probably the most famous person in the planet, God help him. He has also sold more records than anybody in the planet. And he has also written, recorded and performed some of the most glorious music in the pop canon. So, along with all the goff written about him, it is probably one such justification that he's continually referred to as the King of Pop. [...] They came up with the Artist of a Generation [award to give to him]. But Michael Jackson has been making music literally since he was baby. So, what generation? At least three had been listening to him already. And who will they give it to next year? Or is it the award in itself a one-off like the man himself? Because childhood prodigy to adult genius, when Michael Jackson sings, it is with the voice of angels, and when his feet move, you can see God dancing. So, tonight, the BRITs Artist of a Generation is: Michael Jackson."

On receiving the special award, Michael declares the following:

"I love you. Thank you – thank you BRITs Awards and Sir Bob (Geldoff). I’m humbled by this award. It is especially important coming from my wonderful family in the United Kingdom. You provided me with so much love and you’ve given me your loyalty and your support throughout my entire career, and a special thanks to Paul Russell… [To chanting fans] I love you.. I love you.. I love you all and especially, I love all my fans very much. Thank you.”

Inexplicably, as his HISTORY album was deemed a ‘greatest hits’ set (no matter it also included more than an album’s worth of new songs), Michael was ruled ineligible for any of the usual awards.

MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards.

Post by Admin Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 am

2/19
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" February 19, 1996 ~ MJ Receives The "Artist Of A Generation" Award At The BRIT Awards.

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:24 am

Artist of a generation. Incredable! What a HUGE honor
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:06 pm

MJ is THE artist of MANY generations!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down