MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records.

4 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records. Empty "This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records.

Post by MJ Mod Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:06 pm

February 20, 1990- At a breakfast press conference held at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, Michael was honored with the "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" award by CBS Records for selling 110 million records during the 80's.

CBS Records' Tommy Mattola presented Michael with the award, a figure of Michael in a pose from the "Smooth Criminal" video against a large disk reading "100 Million". Mattola reads a list of Michael's accomplishments and states, "If I stood here 10 years ago and told you any artist would accomplish what Michael Jackson accomplished, you would have probably laughed me off the stage."

Michael attended the press conference dressed in red and black sequined military jacket, black gloves, and sunglasses.

As usual, his thank yous were brief: "Thank you Tommy, and thank you ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure it won't surprise you that I'm gonna make this one short again, but I have to say, however, that no album sells itself. It's up to the people out there to buy it, and so, I not only want to thank CBS Records and Epic Records, but I especially want to thank everyone everywhere who helped make this award what it is, first a possibility, and now a reality. Thank you Quincy Jones, thank you Dave Glew, thank you Bruce Swedien, John Branca, Mother and Joseph, Walter Yetnikoff and Hank Caldwell. And all of the children of the world. I love you Goodbye."

Among those in attendance were Michael's parents, Berry Gordy, Little Richard, Elton John, Gladys Knight, and Siedah Garrett.
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records.

Post by Admin Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks MJ M! As usual GREAT job on MJ's TDIH!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" February 20, 1990 ~ MJ Receives The "Top Selling Artist Of The Decade" Award By CBS Records.

Post by Capricious Anomaly Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 pm

I love that sweet speech MJ made!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 pm

1/20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Yay Capricious thank you for the video!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down