MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time.

5 posters

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. Empty "This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time.

Post by MJ Mod Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:35 pm

1983 - Billie Jean and Beat It were already on heavy MTV rotation when Michael agreed to appear alongside his brothers for Motown’s 25th anniversary television special, but only on condition that he also be allowed to perform Billie Jean in a solo spot.

Produced by Suzanne DePasse – who had been present at the Jackson Five’s audition nearly fifteen years earlier – Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever was taped at Pasadena Civic Auditorium on March 25, 1983 and broadcast nearly two months later on May 16th.

After Michael and his brothers – including Jermaine – performed a medley of their Motown hits, they left the stage while he grabbed a fedora hat while the opening notes to Billie Jean brought the crowd to its feet. In what would become his defining moment in show business, he performed his “moonwalk” dance for the first time during the song’s guitar break before the final chorus.

Video of the event: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time.

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:50 pm

OMG thanks so much for this! This TDIH YT you found MJ Mod is amazing!

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. 216589826
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time.

Post by ljmissmj Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for posting !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOONWALK!!
Is it alright to wish a dance Happy Birthday??? Oh heck when it comes to Michael everything is allowed Smile
I remember sitting in front of the TV with my family watching Motown 25.. We were enjoying show, especially me 'cause my boys the Jackson 5 were performing. I was singing and grooving along with them. My parents loved the J5 and Michael just like me and my sister and brother. The brothers walk off stage and then Michael steps out on his own, I will never forget seeing that man moonwalk across the stage for the very first time, but then he spins like a top and lands on his TOES!! We couldn’t believe our eyes - the Moonwalk was gi-normous but when he stopped on his toes, the whole family screamed at the TV and at the handsome young man smiling back at us thru the screen. My family talked about that the rest of the night. The next day at school that’s all my friends could talk about ‘DID YOU SEE MICAHEL JACKSON LAST NIGHT ON TV!! "Oh MAN DID YOU SEE MICHAEL JACKSON??? We talked about Michael moonwalking for months LOL! Right before our eyes – he changed the game with that over the top performance. Nothing
was the same after that thriller of a TV moment, the great thing is it was captured for future generations to witness for themselves. That night for me I felt the world and I fell even deeper in love with this slender man in a glitter jacket, a Jeri-curl, and large gorgeous eyes who could sing and dance like no one I’ve ever seen or will see again. MJ didn’t create the dance, but he sure did put his stamp on it and made the Moonwalk one of his signature moves, it will always be copied. Michael Jackson – the Entertainer with true God-given talent..

Everyday create your history and Michael Jackson certainly followed his own advise because he created a truly amazing moment in time! The little boy became a young man the young man became a King and the King became HISTORY!

KEEP ON MOONWALKING MY FRIENDS !!
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Yeah! Love that video! Moonwalk on everyone!

"This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. 1055860351
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm

aww man i've seen the entire show once it was amazing i'll watch it again later! "This Day In HIStory" March 25, 1983 ~ MJ Did the Moonwalk for the First Time. 1055860351 he did great concidering it was his first public moonwalk!!!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:19 pm

3/25
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down