MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judith Hill On 'The Voice'

+2
midangerous
MJ Mod
6 posters

Go down

Judith Hill On 'The Voice' Empty Judith Hill On 'The Voice'

Post by MJ Mod Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 pm

‘The Voice’: Judith Hill, Former Michael Jackson Duet Partner, Takes On A Christina Aguilera Song
By:Caila Ball
March 26th, 2013

Excerpt:
Judith Hill, 28 — Los Angeles
Arguably, Judith Hill has already had a blessed career. She was selected to duet with Michael Jackson on “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” on the This is It tour, and rehearsed with him for two months before the pop legend’s untimely death. Judith sang “Heal The World” at MJ’s funeral, and even though her phone was “ringing off the hook” after that performance, she decided it would be in poor taste to use his death as a career booster.

Judith sings Christina Aguilera’s “What A Girl Wants” and gives it her own flair. Her pitch, range and style are absolutely outstanding, if the Michael Jackson background didn’t already tip you off, and her powerful voice earns spins from all four coaches, who are filled with praise.

“Not only will you win The Voice, you’ll win the world over,” insists Usher. “It’s like a star just hatched out of a shell,” says Blake. “You need a girl like me next to you,” coos Shakira. “I’m going to light myself on fire,” threatens Adam.

Judith picks Adam. Probably because he offered to light himself on fire, and that’s always good ace in the hole if the pyrotechnics go on the fritz. An elated, and miraculously un-singed Levine declares, “She’s going to be a Grammy-winning superstar and she’s on my team.” Fighting words coming out of night one, indeed!

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by MJ Mod on Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Judith Hill On 'The Voice' Empty Re: Judith Hill On 'The Voice'

Post by midangerous Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:29 pm

I saw her, she was great!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Judith Hill On 'The Voice' Empty Judith Hill Speaks About Michael Jackson

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:15 pm

‘Voice’ Frontrunner Judith Hill Talks Michael Jackson Past & Usher’s Memory Lapse
By: Lyndsey Parker
March 28, 2013

When Judith Hill auditioned on "The Voice" Season 4's premiere this week, she wowed all four coaches and 13 million-plus viewers with her dynamite diva vocals. But this wasn't the first time that she'd performed for a massive TV audience: Back in 2009, Judith was hired to be Michael Jackson's duet partner for his This Is It London shows, and when those concerts were cancelled after Michael's shocking death, she sang "Heal The World" at his Staples Center memorial service, which was viewed by more than a billion people around the world. It was a performance to remember, for sure. But bizarrely, new "Voice" judge Usher, who also performed at the Jackson memorial and actually stood onstage behind Judith that day, didn't recognize her when she tried out for "The Voice"--not when he spun his chair around, and not even when she said her name.

Speaking to Yahoo! Music's Reality Rocks, Judith says she and Usher did briefly interact backstage at the memorial--but she doesn't seem too surprised, or insulted, that Usher doesn't remember her four years later. "The night before the rehearsal, which was a very sobering rehearsal, kind of teary-eyed, I just kind of passed by him and gave him a respectful head-nod," she recalls. "And he gave me a head-nod back, but that was really the extent of our communication. So I wasn't sure if he was going to recognize me when his chair turned. And he didn't--so that was interesting, you know?"

So, did Judith (who eventually joined Adam Levine's team, not Usher's) try to jog Usher's memory after their reunion on "The Voice"? Says Judith: "No, I didn't even bring it up; we haven't had any discussion about Michael or anything like that. I haven't seen him since the Blind Auditions. There was so much going on, it's hard to even ask someone to remember you. But I'll be curious to see if he remembers me, or if he puts the pieces together. And that should be interesting!"

Considering how spectacular Judith's MJ memorial performance truly was--Usher may not remember it vividly, but many other music fans do--it's hard to believe that she even needed to go on a show like "The Voice" to advance her career. Judith says she did receive plenty of music-business offers after that fateful day in 2009, but she was wary of moving forward. "It was so overwhelming, with all of these different people from the whole world calling me up, and I just needed time to process that," she explains. "Michael had just passed, and it was just a really, really intense time. I'm glad I didn't make any rash decisions or try to capitalize on that moment, that I just really took the time to process it and really figure myself out as well.

"I had all sorts of weirdos coming at me [with possibly shady offers], and I didn't know who to trust," Judith admits. "I was kind of overwhelmed. You know, a lot of people may promise you the world or say certain things. I did get into a few different situations, and I learned quickly that these people weren't right for me or they had other motives that weren't clean. I learned a lot. It was good to go through that process and realize that I've got to be careful."

And what did Judith, who hasn't ruled out doing a Michael Jackson cover on "The Voice" if it feels right, learn from her brief time working closely with the one and only King Of Pop? "Oh, my goodness, I learned so much from him," she raves. "I mean, the fact that he was a perfectionist…I learned, more than anything, to dream big and really have your imagination be big, and to work hard to make that dream possible. Michael had such dreams for the stage, like he was so picky about the particular lighting or how the drums should sound…it really challenged me to figure out what my dreams were, and work really hard. Michael was the hardest-working man in the business, and it was incredible seeing him and working with him."

Certainly Judith's experience with Michael should help her on "The Voice"--after all, if she has worked with a legend like MJ, then teaming up with Adam Levine should be a breeze, and if she has already performed on live television for a billion viewers, then nothing about being on "The Voice" should feel intimidating, right? Well, Judith admits that her illustrious professional background will give her some advantage in this competition, but confesses: "I still get nervous. I was jittery at my 'Voice' audition! I found myself feeling more nervous at the Blind Auditions than I did with my other [performance] experiences, because this is a singing competition and basically they're judging you, versus being on a stage where there are no chairs turning. There's so much pressure to perform well--they're going to judge you, they're going to pair you up with someone, they're going to eliminate you…there's a lot of that sort of thinking. I've never experienced that in my life, so this is really hard for me, and I've had a lot of anxiety. The concept of it being a contest has been really hard for me to digest, so I think the most important thing I've got to do is find my Zen and my calm and just be who I am, and not worry about people judging me."

Speaking of judges, will Judith ever give Usher a hard time about his little embarrassing memory lapse (which was sort of similar to the one that previous "Voice" judge Christina Aguilera had in Season 2, when she initially failed to recognize her old "Mickey Mouse Club" castmate Tony Lucca)? Judith laughs, "Oh, yeah, if the time comes, I'll be like, 'Hey, it's me!'" Let's hope the NBC cameras capture that exchange when and if it happens (that'd be some TV gold), but regardless, it's certain that Usher will never forget Judith Hill again.

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:10 pm

I was flipping through TV channels and I get to NBC and see TII MJ singing IJCSLY and let out a squeal thinkin oooh yay they're playin TII- sadly not Sad lol. It was Judith's 'The Voice' audition. It was kinda funny how Usher didn't even seem to recognize her after they both performed at the memorial together and I've even seen pix of those two together talking at Staples and it just seems kinda weird idk. I do wish though that Judith had at least acknowledged MJ during her audition being that he was who gave her her big break in the first place-not too many people get to say that they had the amazing opportunity to work with Michael Jackson- I can't even imagine what he taught her and what she was able to take from rehearsing with him. All that aside she did do a great job- she has a good voice and I think she'll go pretty far or maybe even win 'The Voice'.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 pm

Yeah, I know what u mean WATW.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Judith won the knockout round on the Voice last night!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue May 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Judith Hill from last night:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm

she has been doing wonderful!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Judith is one of the winners in the Live Playoffs! Go Girl!!!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm

She's doing real good:

midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Capricious Anomaly Wed May 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Sorry all but I have to say I was never a big fan of Hill. I didn't think she was all that great in TII and she was acting amateurish with Michael. He had to tell her over and over to sing. (She kept messing up) He told her to practice more (paraphrasing) and she needed to but he didn't because he was saving his voice. She was just annoying to me more than anything. Sorry I know many really like her but she doesn't impress me.

Yes WATW, that is weird that she and Usher didn't say more about Michael. But really who cares much about Usher anyway? He is another annoyance IMO. He lost my fanship HUGE with his stupid attempt to try to 'be' MJ in a concert he did back in the day. The most assinine performance I ever saw and that crotch grab he always tries is a MISS!!!
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

when in TTI did he tell her to sing i never heard him say that to her?? or is it in the movie?but u do have a good point capricious!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Judith Hill sang "The Way you make me Feel" on the voice tonight! Smile
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 pm

yeah she did pretty good! not my fav but i must be expecting too much lol!!! i dodn't like the fact that usher didn't say michael's name i found that rather odd? he said "mi...the creator of the song" i wasn't verry pleased
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 am

midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Judith Hill On 'The Voice' Empty Judith Hill Sings Michael Jackson's 'The Way You Make Me Feel'

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm

'The Voice' Recap: Judith Hill Pays Tribute to Michael Jackson

By KATY KROLL
MAY 21, 2013

excerpt:
Speaking of Adam, two of his contestants hit it out of the park. The first was Judith Hill, who did a stellar rendition of Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel." The other was Sarah Simmons with Jessie J's "Mamma Knows Best."

At first, Judith was reluctant to sing the MJ song Adam picked for her, breaking down and crying over the fact that she missed her one-time duet partner and saying she was afraid people would think she was taking advantage of him. But we're so glad Adam didn't back down, as Judith easily delivered the best performance of the night.

Starting off with a slow, jazzy feel, the song soon built into a funky take on the pop classic. And she looked great in a ruffled one-piece jumpsuit and a seriously gravity-defying hairdo. When she started crying after the song ended, Usher admitted he felt her pain: "I miss him, I miss him so much," he said amid praise for the performance. And Adam lauded it as a "celebration" of Jackson's legacy. And indeed it was.

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Judith made it again! cheers
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue May 28, 2013 6:24 pm